Keeping our enemies close 2018

On 3/10/2018 at 10:50 AM, sparky151 said:

If they are planning to start Randall, that's good news for us. Some of the new Browns front office guys came from Green Bay so they seem to be doubling down on their prior mistakes. Packers are terrible judges of DBs. They're the guys who let Casey Heyward walk so they could keep overpaying Matthews. 

Randall has 10 int's in his first 3 years.  That's not too shabby.  Most interceptions in the NFL since the

2015 season, (Randall's rookie season)

1) Marcus Peters - 19

2) Reggie Nelson - 13

3) Kurt Coleman - 11

Micah Hyde

Casey Hayward

Brent Grimes

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Browns have now traded all 3 of last year's QBs. But they kept the HC who chose them. Gotta make room for more names on the jersey I guess. Hope they hold an exorcism before their mini camp.

Screw that!  We count on them to make us look good.

9 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Yes. But they still get more respect from the analysts than we do.

Strange isn't it? But those types are nothing if not fickle.  

Gonna date myself here, but by way of example I turned up an old Patriots t-shirt someone gave me when I was a kid.  It was a gag gift meant to mess with my Dad, a bigtime NFL fan, because the Pats back then were terribad, they were comic relief.  Now they're a dynasty and people will excuse them repeatedly getting caught cheating, or even one of their star players being convicted of some gang-related murder. 

A big part of the problem here is that whenever the media starts to show us some love we shit all over ourselves.  We can whine about it being unfair but they're not going to change the perception with the likes of Pacman Jones as the face of the franchise.  Win a couple of SB's however & Andy Dalton could pledge allegiance to ISIS without a hiccup.

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Strange isn't it? But those types are nothing if not fickle.  

Gonna date myself here, but by way of example I turned up an old Patriots t-shirt someone gave me when I was a kid.  It was a gag gift meant to mess with my Dad, a bigtime NFL fan, because the Pats back then were terribad, they were comic relief.  Now they're a dynasty and people will excuse them repeatedly getting caught cheating, or even one of their star players being convicted of some gang-related murder. 

A big part of the problem here is that whenever the media starts to show us some love we shit all over ourselves.  We can whine about it being unfair but they're not going to change the perception with the likes of Pacman Jones as the face of the franchise.  Win a couple of SB's however & Andy Dalton could pledge allegiance to ISIS without a hiccup.

I'm not so sure about that. Their hatred for Mike Brown runs pretty deep. It will be fun to watch them squirm if we ever do win one.

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I'm not so sure about that. Their hatred for Mike Brown runs pretty deep. It will be fun to watch them squirm if we ever do win one.

The league itself maybe.  I don't think the sports media GAF about Brown other than him being a convenient (and seemingly at times willing) punching bag.  They'd happily turn on someone else if he'd stop leading with his chin (and we advanced in the postseason here and there).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Week 18, Sam Darnold checks into the Archie Manning David Carr institute for shell shocked QBs.

Darnold:  "What can I do to make this team better?"

Archie: "Awww, Dave, he thinks he can make the Browns successful.  That is so cute."

Carr: "I was good and stuff and arrgghh!!"

Archie: "Relax Dave, games over! Game is over! Here is a cookie."

Darnold: " I am so fucked."

Archived