Keeping our enemies close 2018

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Maybe one of our resident Stooler trolls members can chime in here, but I'm guessing the fans do care.  Dickhead he may be, but The Rapist gives them the best chance to win now & for the immediate future.  Plus I'm sure more than a few see him as some kind of inbred cretin role model.  

You're probably correct I'm sure. Might lessen the dramatics just a tad though if he did threaten to retire. I think he sees they're preparing though. It's gotta piss him off some.

9 minutes ago, schotzee said:

You're probably correct I'm sure. Might lessen the dramatics just a tad though if he did threaten to retire. I think he sees they're preparing though. It's gotta piss him off some.

Yeah I hope so, the more drama & chaos in that locker room the better.  It'd be awesome if he missed 2-3 games and the rookie came in & played just well enough to make him look expendable.  Sportrac has him at $23m against the cap (!!) this year, or $17.5m in dead money.  Next year it's only $6m in dead money but another $23m if he stays.  That's interesting, if true.  That's a hell of a large % of a team's budget dedicated to an aging, bitchy, malingerer of a QB.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-Stealers/ben-roethlisberger-3595/

1 hour ago, VonBlade said:

Browns are gonna be on Hard Knocks. Now that'll be worth a laugh.

I was just about to post this.

This might be the funnies hard knocks yet..... and not in a because Chad Ochocino is on it ...not funny ha-ha....funny sad

On 5/6/2018 at 5:11 PM, T-Dub said:

Maybe one of our resident Stooler trolls members can chime in here, but I'm guessing the fans do care.  Dickhead he may be, but The Rapist gives them the best chance to win now & for the immediate future.  Plus I'm sure more than a few see him as some kind of inbred cretin role model.  

Care about Ben retiring, or care about his comments about his towards drafting Rudolph?

Obviously we care about Ben potentially retiring.  Frankly, if drafting Rudolph bruised his ego enough to push him to play another year or two past when he otherwise would have retired, then that's a good thing.  He's still a top tier quarterback, even if that's at least partially because the top tier isn't as high as it used to be.  But the drop between him and the tier below is him is a rather drastic one and I don't think anyone around here is quite ready for that gamble.  

As for his comments, I haven't found any fans around here that have cared at all about them.  The media around here tried really hard to turn it into a story and kept making it a headline long after it past, but no one really cared.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

We were  pre-season  15-1 to win the Superbowl last year.  Philly was 55-1.  Pre-season odds are many times way wrong.

Odds for gambling aren't really about the possibility of a given outcome.  It's about enticing gamblers to take the bet.  That's how we end up with the same odds as Cleveland - in the minds of most outside Ohio, there's not much difference. 

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Odds for gambling aren't really about the possibility of a given outcome.  It's about enticing gamblers to take the bet.  That's how we end up with the same odds as Cleveland - in the minds of most outside Ohio, there's not much difference. 

Good point but Philly should have gotten way more love than us last year considering they had a better record than us in 2016 and they are in a bigger market.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, membengal said:

Yes. Twice before. 2010 and a few years ago as well. 

It is kind of ridiculous.  The players are paid a lot of money and even something as simple as bump and run coverage drills are deemed illegal.  It would be like not being able to practice a screen or blocking out a guy for a rebound. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

It is kind of ridiculous.  The players are paid a lot of money and even something as simple as bump and run coverage drills are deemed illegal.  It would be like not being able to practice a screen or blocking out a guy for a rebound. 

They aren't paid a lot of money if they spend the year on IR due to an injury in some mini-camp.   Not like I've run the numbers but I'd bet the NBA doesn't lose nearly as many players to practice injuries.  

I do think I've noticed sloppier early-season games as a result, though.  The tackling in particular seems generally half-assed the first week or two, even with the 4 preseason games.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

They aren't paid a lot of money if they spend the year on IR due to an injury in some mini-camp.   Not like I've run the numbers but I'd bet the NBA doesn't lose nearly as many players to practice injuries.  

I do think I've noticed sloppier early-season games as a result, though.  The tackling in particular seems generally half-assed the first week or two, even with the 4 preseason games.

I am not talking about full blown tackling, just talking about a receiver and corner playing patty cake which isn't allowed. 

A starting NFL Linebacker probably has more high impact contact in one game than an NBA player has in an 82 game season and playoffs.

Archived