Keeping our enemies close 2018

7 hours ago, kennethmw said:

They are brain dead morons!  Support a rapist, but bitch about a guy wanting to get paid for his performance!  Hill jack bastards!😂😂

He is already getting paid 40% more than the next running back.  100% more than the 4th highest paid running back (Gurley). His demands are ridiculous.  If he wants QB money, he should have been a QB, worked on his 3pt shot or learned to pitch left handed.

The cold reality is replacing a running back with a serviceable replacement is not hard to do.  Finding enough lineman to block for them and QBs to throw to them is far more difficult.  He is not worth 2 times as much as Todd Gurley or as much as Tom Brady.

SF - that can't be right on Gurley. Gurley just got a deal that includes $45 million guaranteed. There is no reason at all Bell should risk his health on a one-year deal when he is as valuable as Gurley. He and his representatives are correct to hold out, frankly. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

The cold reality is replacing a running back with a serviceable replacement is not hard to do.  Finding enough lineman to hold for them and QBs to throw to them is far more difficult.  He is not worth 2 times as much as Todd Gurley or as much as Tom Brady.

Fixed it to apply to the stealers. I agree. I will continue to argue that Deangelo Williams wasn't much of a drop off when Bell was out.

Not surprised with the Bell situation.  Of course he is going to be worried about his workload.  He had 400 touches last year and the Stealers have no reason to lessen that number with Bell likely to depart after 2018.  All that stands between Bell and a major payday is not suffering a serious injury.  It seems logical that he doesn't want to get run into the ground and missing games lessens his risk.  That said, giving up game checks is always dicey and his reputation is taking a big hit.  Bell is a top RB and Pittsburgh is better with him.  Their offense has played well without him before and I expect that they will not fall off too badly without him.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

SF - that can't be right on Gurley. Gurley just got a deal that includes $45 million guaranteed. There is no reason at all Bell should risk his health on a one-year deal when he is as valuable as Gurley. He and his representatives are correct to hold out, frankly. 

You are correct.  Went off his old numbers from last year.  He is now making $14.375 mil a year and only 24 but that is if the contract goes 6 years.  There is a 4 year out that would result in the cost over 4 years of being $12.25 mil a year.  In any case $45 mil was guaranteed.  From what I understand Bell was being offered similar money but he refused claiming he should be paid as both a WR and RB. 

and Inigo is correct, the Stealers should not be surprised he is sitting based on the workload they give him.  It is a catch 22.  You can justify paying him more if he CAN touch the ball 400 times every year and do the shit he does.  THE REALITY is he will never last with that workload and his value would plummet.   I hate the Stealers but they are doing the right thing. 

11 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Holy fucking moley! Are you kidding me?! How much more greedy can people get? I hope nobody goes after his sorry ass!

And that is why his team mates are pissed.  They most likely know what was offered to him.  It was generational money as long as he did go all MC Hammer.   You add what was being offered to the $16 mil he has already made and we are talking around $60 mil by the time he hits 31??

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And that is why his team mates are pissed.  They most likely know what was offered to him.  It was generational money as long as he did go all MC Hammer.   You add what was being offered to the $16 mil he has already made and we are talking around $60 mil by the time he hits 31??

What a precedent that would set eh!? Guys like Lamar Jackson will then want to be paid as a Qb and a rb!

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You are correct.  Went off his old numbers from last year.  He is now making $14.375 mil a year and only 24 but that is if the contract goes 6 years.  There is a 4 year out that would result in the cost over 4 years of being $12.25 mil a year.  In any case $45 mil was guaranteed.  From what I understand Bell was being offered similar money but he refused claiming he should be paid as both a WR and RB. 

Bell had 2nd most targets and receptions and 3rd most receiving yards for Shittsburg.

Teams want to pay their players based on their named position.  As some players are becoming more hybrid or positionless especially on defense some players are beginning to argue they should be paid more on their true team value and not just their position.  I hate it that it's Bell or a Stealer taking a stand but he does make a point that I think players in the future will make.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

Bell had 2nd most targets and receptions and 3rd most receiving yards for Shittsburg.

Teams want to pay their players based on their named position.  As some players are becoming more hybrid or positionless especially on defense some players are beginning to argue they should be paid more on their true team value and not just their position.  I hate it that it's Bell or a Stealer taking a stand but he does make a point that I think players in the future will make.

IMHO he can NOT sustain 400 touches a year.  Terrell Davis had back to back 400 touch seasons at 25 and 26.   He was never the same player, not even close.   A few guys have done it like Emmitt Smith but the reality is you can find a serviceable replacement and use the money somewhere else.   

The Patriots have had 1 great running back the entire Brady/Bellicheat era and that was Dillon at the end of his career.  LeGarette Blount was the leading rusher for the SB Champ Patriots in 2016.  He was so important, they let him go to the 2017 SB Champ Eagles where he led that team in rushing.   Philly was so impressed, they let him go to Detroit!    

Gio would kick ass behind the Stealers' line and catching balls out of the back field.   So would Mixon. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

White folks are true capitalists until an athlete wants to be one.  Especially if he's black.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

I agree Bell is a unique RB and calling him a hybrid because of his receiving ability makes perfect sense to me.  David Johnson is the other RB with a similar argument looking for a contract, IMO.  The Gurley contract provides a baseline for Bell, but there are key differences.  Gurley is 3 years younger, has never been suspended, and he also wasn't a FA.  Bell might get more money if he's unrestricted, but then again he might not because he's approaching 30 and one mistake from a multiple game suspension.  

I predict the Stealers will let him go next year and I doubt Bell will live up to expectations with whatever deal he signs elsewhere.  I can see the Raiders or Jets pursuing and there would probably be a bunch more.  The Stealers will save themselves from a contract that they clearly aren't comfortable paying.

Archived