Keeping our enemies close 2018

11 minutes ago, bigboi said:

I stopped watching the nfl, for that very reason along time. If it's not the Bengals, I don't care because the NFL is to damn corrupt. Maybe it will take a Tim donaghy size scandal to chage thing but I doubt it.

Going on my third consecutive NFL-free week. Don't miss it one iota.  

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Going on my third consecutive NFL-free week. Don't miss it one iota.  

I just tuned into MNF long enough to see some piss & black headhunter go after DeSean Jackson, great play, tremendous defense etc etc :31:  Jackson stumbled to the sideline & ESPN keeps talking up Stealers. 

You've missed a couple of good Bengals games, though. :P

Let's go Bucs!

15 hours ago, Cricket said:

I turned on the Monday Night Football game in time to see a stealer defender launch himself into a Bucs WR.  I thought launching yourself into an opponent is illegal.  Am I wrong?

...so, am I wrong?   :shrug:

I was maybe five minutes late tuning into the game, so I would assume that that play was the last play (prior to the punt) of the Bucs' first drive. 

54 minutes ago, Cricket said:

...so, am I wrong?   :shrug:

I was maybe five minutes late tuning into the game, so I would assume that that play was the last play (prior to the punt) of the Bucs' first drive. 

Yes and no.

Yes, its wrong and I recall the play, thought much the same thing.

And no, it was a Steeler and that makes it OK.

Didn't Pac get called for hitting a defenseless receiver when he drilled Jar Jar last year?

IMHO pretty much the same thing.

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Yes and no.

Yes, its wrong and I recall the play, thought much the same thing.

And no, it was a Steeler and that makes it OK.

Didn't Pac get called for hitting a defenseless receiver when he drilled Jar Jar last year?

IMHO pretty much the same thing.

I only watched the last 30 minutes of the game at most and still lost track of all the egregious personal fouls that went uncalled, never mind lesser penalties like defensive holding, illegal blocks, etc.

I think I'm reaching the acceptance stage though, that's just the way the Stoolers are allowed to play.  I blame the NFL.  It would be stupid of them not to take advantage of it.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Pittsburgh has always taken the approach to commit penalties and dare the refs to call anything.  They play the percentages and get away with more than their share of penalties that aren't called.  They've been doing it for years and the league lets it happen.   

It wouldn't be near as bad if they weren't praised for it & didn't cry like such bitches any time on of theirs takes a hit.

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

PFF is garbage.:ninja:

I can 100% agree with that and still say Big Whit is the mf man & letting him walk was one of the historically worst in a long list of bad decisions by this franchise.  You just don't let a HoF caliber LT go unless they're some kind of locker room cancer or major fuck-up (like that's ever a concern in the Bengals FO) and regardless, that's not Whit.

The problem as I see it with PFF is that they started with that second "Whitworth is awesome" part as their premise and then made up some numbers to "prove" it.  They're just confirmation bias that's been given a big platform.  The most obvious indication of bad analysis IMO is that they never tell you anything surprising, and worse you never see them say "we expected ____ but were wrong."  It's all far too neat, it's just "good player is good" and so on with a lot of dressing on it.  When I see an original take from PFF it will be the first time.   Compare them to Football Outsiders and the difference is glaring.

Archived