Keeping our enemies close 2018

Whew. I can finally share this with you... One FA WR this cycle to me, when asked about possibly going to Baltimore (he didn't): "I don't think I have the skill set they're looking for...run deep, and try to draw a PI flag..."

Its shady business. I'm sure he is perfectly healthy. Feel bad for Grant, he got fucked!!!

Ryan Grant's four-year, $29 million contract with the Ravens has been voided after he failed his physical, sending him back to free agency.

Grant's deal — which included $14.5 million guaranteed — was widely criticized as an overpay, and this seems like an underhanded tactic by the Ravens to get out of it. It's extremely similar to what happened between the Raiders and Rodger Saffold in 2014. Suspiciously, the news came soon after it was reported the Ravens were interested in Michael Crabtree, who was released on Thursday. 27-year-old Grant, who has never posted more than 573 yards in a season, now heads back to a market where he could struggle to get even half the guaranteed money he had landed in Baltimore.

1 minute ago, Kochman said:

Its shady business. I'm sure he is perfectly healthy. Feel bad for Grant, he got fucked!!!

Ryan Grant's four-year, $29 million contract with the Ravens has been voided after he failed his physical, sending him back to free agency.

Grant's deal — which included $14.5 million guaranteed — was widely criticized as an overpay, and this seems like an underhanded tactic by the Ravens to get out of it. It's extremely similar to what happened between the Raiders and Rodger Saffold in 2014. Suspiciously, the news came soon after it was reported the Ravens were interested in Michael Crabtree, who was released on Thursday. 27-year-old Grant, who has never posted more than 573 yards in a season, now heads back to a market where he could struggle to get even half the guaranteed money he had landed in Baltimore.

This + the arbitration with AJ "Way Better Than Dalton" McCarron kind of makes things interesting.  There's no real standard for proving a guy is healthy or not, it's basically which ever way the wind is blowing that day. 

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

They can have him.  He'll have 2-3 games a season where he looks legit. then disappear for weeks at a time only to show up again just in time to drop a crucial pass. 

Yeah I don't think Jon Gruden would get rid of a guy he thought could help him. The Malcontent label is probably legit.  Perfect fit in Cleveland.

Archived