Keeping our enemies close 2018

We talk about Hobson or Brown dousing out hope quickly but Jimmy Haslam has to hold the record when he brought back Hue for another season.  I doubt Hue makes it through the year or even to week 9. But it doesn't matter who they draft if your coach is 1-31 and only got the win because the other team's kicker missed a chip shot on the last play of the game.

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We talk about Hobson or Brown dousing out hope quickly but Jimmy Haslam has to hold the record when he brought back Hue for another season.  I doubt Hue makes it through the year or even to week 9. But it doesn't matter who they draft if your coach is 1-31 and only got the win because the other team's kicker missed a chip shot on the last play of the game.

But, but, but they have high draft picks so will have exciting young players to turn this team around. Which is unlike the last few years how? Those exciting young players will be on another team in 2 or 3 years.

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

But, but, but they have high draft picks so will have exciting young players to turn this team around. Which is unlike the last few years how? Those exciting young players will be on another team in 2 or 3 years.

You are aware that Jim Brown and Otto Graham played for the Browns,..right?

• 2 weeks later...

I have to laugh. The drama queen doesn't appear to be so dramatic now since they drafted his replacement. It's Mason Rudolph for those keeping score. Rapeman is no longer suggesting retirement. No, now he is saying at 3 years until you see Rudolph. Got an alert to my phone about this /them and I still don't know why. Anyway the relevant article should still be on NFL.com. Don't remember the headline though.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

I have to laugh. The drama queen doesn't appear to be so dramatic now since they drafted his replacement. It's Mason Rudolph for those keeping score. Rapeman is no longer suggesting retirement. No, now he is saying at 3 years until you see Rudolph. Got an alert to my phone about this /them and I still don't know why. Anyway the relevant article should still be on NFL.com. Don't remember the headline though.

Ben Roethlisberger: Don't plan on Mason Rudolph replacing me for a while

Big Ben: Rudolph era won't begin for '3 to 5 years'

Ben Roethlisberger Says Mason Rudolph Won't 'Play for a While'

Image result for roethlisberger douche

14 hours ago, schotzee said:

I'd love to see that dbag lose his job, but I'll cry a yellow river of piss if he is able to exit his career with more than one leg. 

I wouldn't..that would mean Rudolph is really good..

unless you're saying he loses his job because he only has one leg now..then ok..

4 hours ago, Bunghole said:

So in other words, we all need to chip in and buy Ben another Hayabusa to ride helmetless. 

Helmetless?  The world doesn't need anymore Rothleisburgers.

What a fucking meathead. You're 36, you've been bandying about retirement for at least two years in a row after each season ends. You get hurt every year. There are times when it looks like you need a corpse-holder to prop you up. Your offensive line hasn't been great.

Yet, you still insist on the retirement angle, trying to keep your team "in the dark".

Now, suddenly, your team drafts a QB uncomfortably high for you. Now your latest media statements are "His era won't begin for 3-5 years" and "I plan to play next year" and all such.

Do you realize that the team you cannot beat, the Patriots, have drafted a QB in NINE of their last however many drafts since the GOAT? And many of them were in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds?

Anyways, the Rapist drama is hilarious. How in keeping with his lack of character is that? Stupid fucking asshole. 

Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?

• By Chris Wesseling
  • Updated: May 4, 2018 at 06:01 p.m.
One year after "seriously" contemplating retirement, Ben Roethlisberger is struggling with the Steelers' decision to draft Mason Rudolph as his heir apparent.

Roethlisberger has made it clear that Rudolph won't see the field anytime soon, stating early this week his intention to play for "three or five more years."

In a Friday morning interview with KDKA's Cook and Poni in Pittsburgh, Roethlisberger expressed further displeasure, questioning the allocation of resources toward another potential quarterback of the future.

When Roethlisberger informed the Steelers in January of his intention to play three more years, he suspected the organization was content to go forward with Landry Jones as the backup and last year's fourth-round pick, Joshua Dobbs, in the developmental role.

"So, I was surprised when they took a quarterback," Roethlisberger said Friday, "because I thought that maybe in the third round, you can get some really good football players that can help this team now. And nothing against Mason, I think he's a great football player ... I just don't know how backing up or being the third guy, who knows where he's going to fall on the depth chart, but helps us win now."

A generous assessment of Roethlisberger's reaction would concede that he's simply being overprotective of his mates in the 2017 quarterback room, Jones and Dobbs.

"Those two guys are who I feel the worst for," Roethlisberger offered. "I'll be honest, I wasn't worried about [Rudolph] coming and taking my job. I feel confident that I can go out and beat whoever I need to beat out for my job. ... I do feel bad for those guys.

"I don't know what's going to happen. I assume Landry's still the two, I don't really know. And Josh, same thing. Last year you take him in the fourth round, so does that mean the Steelers screwed up in that pick? Like do they think that he wasn't the one that they thought, or has he not developed the way they thought? Why else would you take a quarterback in the third round the next year?"

Without access to Pittsburgh's practices or the coaching staff's evaluations, it's impossible to gauge Dobbs' progress. What we do know, however, is that he was overwhelmed in preseason action last summer and the presence of Rudolph places his roster spot in jeopardy.

It's hard to blame the Steelers for taking another swing at a quarterback they graded on par with the best in this year's draft class. Even if Roethlisberger plans to play three more years, he's not in a position to guarantee that level of commitment.

"The key is, for me, I'm always going to take it one season at a time," Roethlisberger added Friday. "I'm going to give everything this year and lay it all on the line like I do every week, for this season, for my guys. And then just really kind of at the end of the season, it's the same thing. You go through the evaluation process of how you feel."

The Steelers' responsibility is to the fans, the city of Pittsburgh, the members of the organization and the entire roster -- not just to Roethlisberger and his quarterback-room cohorts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000931628/article/big-ben-on-rudolph-pick-how-does-it-help-us-win-now

Denzel Ward already hurt :lol:

Denzel Ward (hip) slated to miss Saturday's practice

• By Andie Hagemann
  • Published: May 5, 2018 at 01:20 p.m.

Cleveland Browns rookie defensive back Denzel Ward is expected to miss Saturday's rookie minicamp practice due to a hip injury.

Ward, who exited Friday's practice early after suffering the injury, is being held out for "precautionary reasons," according to Browns team reporter Andrew Gribble.

"I am always going to be cautious with our guys," Browns head coach Hue Jackson said per the team's official website. "If I think that they have a little nick or something right now. I do not think being out here and having a guy if there is anything that we feel that might hurt a guy, I am going to make sure that I take him out. He did some good things, just watching him run around, too. We will see where he is tomorrow and go from there."

Ward was selected No. 4 overall in the 2018 NFL Draft last week. The Ohio State cover man ranked as Daniel Jeremiah's fourth-best prospect.

The Browns' three-day rookie minicamp concludes Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000931672/article/denzel-ward-hip-slated-to-miss-saturdays-practice

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?

• By Chris Wesseling
  • Updated: May 4, 2018 at 06:01 p.m.
One year after "seriously" contemplating retirement, Ben Roethlisberger is struggling with the Stealers' decision to draft Mason Rudolph as his heir apparent.

Roethlisberger has made it clear that Rudolph won't see the field anytime soon, stating early this week his intention to play for "three or five more years."

In a Friday morning interview with KDKA's Cook and Poni in Pittsburgh, Roethlisberger expressed further displeasure, questioning the allocation of resources toward another potential quarterback of the future.

When Roethlisberger informed the Stealers in January of his intention to play three more years, he suspected the organization was content to go forward with Landry Jones as the backup and last year's fourth-round pick, Joshua Dobbs, in the developmental role.

"So, I was surprised when they took a quarterback," Roethlisberger said Friday, "because I thought that maybe in the third round, you can get some really good football players that can help this team now. And nothing against Mason, I think he's a great football player ... I just don't know how backing up or being the third guy, who knows where he's going to fall on the depth chart, but helps us win now."

A generous assessment of Roethlisberger's reaction would concede that he's simply being overprotective of his mates in the 2017 quarterback room, Jones and Dobbs.

"Those two guys are who I feel the worst for," Roethlisberger offered. "I'll be honest, I wasn't worried about [Rudolph] coming and taking my job. I feel confident that I can go out and beat whoever I need to beat out for my job. ... I do feel bad for those guys.

"I don't know what's going to happen. I assume Landry's still the two, I don't really know. And Josh, same thing. Last year you take him in the fourth round, so does that mean the Stealers screwed up in that pick? Like do they think that he wasn't the one that they thought, or has he not developed the way they thought? Why else would you take a quarterback in the third round the next year?"

Without access to Pittsburgh's practices or the coaching staff's evaluations, it's impossible to gauge Dobbs' progress. What we do know, however, is that he was overwhelmed in preseason action last summer and the presence of Rudolph places his roster spot in jeopardy.

It's hard to blame the Stealers for taking another swing at a quarterback they graded on par with the best in this year's draft class. Even if Roethlisberger plans to play three more years, he's not in a position to guarantee that level of commitment.

"The key is, for me, I'm always going to take it one season at a time," Roethlisberger added Friday. "I'm going to give everything this year and lay it all on the line like I do every week, for this season, for my guys. And then just really kind of at the end of the season, it's the same thing. You go through the evaluation process of how you feel."

The Stealers' responsibility is to the fans, the city of Pittsburgh, the members of the organization and the entire roster -- not just to Roethlisberger and his quarterback-room cohorts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000931628/article/big-ben-on-rudolph-pick-how-does-it-help-us-win-now

Also, Bell still hasn't been signed and it's looking like he won't be around for long...https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-Stealers/Bolt/Pittsburgh-Stealers-preparing-for-life-without-LeVeon-Bell-117882870

10 hours ago, Bunghole said:

What a fucking meathead. You're 36, you've been bandying about retirement for at least two years in a row after each season ends. You get hurt every year. There are times when it looks like you need a corpse-holder to prop you up. Your offensive line hasn't been great.

Yet, you still insist on the retirement angle, trying to keep your team "in the dark".

Now, suddenly, your team drafts a QB uncomfortably high for you. Now your latest media statements are "His era won't begin for 3-5 years" and "I plan to play next year" and all such.

Do you realize that the team you cannot beat, the Patriots, have drafted a QB in NINE of their last however many drafts since the GOAT? And many of them were in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds?

Anyways, the Rapist drama is hilarious. How in keeping with his lack of character is that? Stupid fucking asshole. 

You summed up all my thoughts nicely!

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Shit, maybe they will  trade him.  What a bitch!

Yea, he's mad they won't care if he pulls his drama as to whether or not he will retire or comeback now. Probably figures the fans couldn't care less now.

13 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yea, he's mad they won't care if he pulls his drama as to whether or not he will retire or comeback now. Probably figures the fans couldn't care less now.

Maybe one of our resident Stooler trolls members can chime in here, but I'm guessing the fans do care.  Dickhead he may be, but The Rapist gives them the best chance to win now & for the immediate future.  Plus I'm sure more than a few see him as some kind of inbred cretin role model.  

Archived