Bengals Trade for Cordy Glenn!!!!

IMO, it would be wise to draft someone like Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey at 21 as a "just in case" you need a LT at some point this season.....and it's hard to believe that at least one of them won't be there.

if Glenn stays healthy you're stacked at both tackle spots though. ....sure seems worth the risk. 

4 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Backup. 

His dead money for this year is so close to what his cap hit is it would be pointless to cut him. Keep him around for another year as a backup and see if Pollack can somehow make magic happen with him. 

Yep, Ced stays. Insurance if Glenn cant get past the injury. 

11 minutes ago, Kochman said:

That's a horrible insurance policy:2: Yea he goes nowhere and hopefully he doesn't see any action.

Its the most sensible strategy.  Any OT, even a decent backup will cost quite a bit of money.  FA18 is like winning the lottery.  I mean Kirk Cousins signed a 3 year $84 mil GUARANTEED contract.  Its fucking crazy out there.

I love this trade for many reasons. Glenn has been a great LT for the bills, and if they didn't have his replacement already on the team then i think there is zero chance they would have let him go, regardless of how much he would have been owed. Moving down from 12 to 21 imo won't effect our selection much at all. We will essentially be picking from the same range of talent compared to what would have been there at 12. I believe the reason the bills were ok with it was because they are wanting to move up even higher, and getting the 12 will make it easier for them to get into the top 10 by a lot.... and there is something about the bills that seems to make deals that much sweeter. I think trading with them makes me happier then trading with any other team would. It just really seems like the Bills are out one and only buddy when it comes to the rest of the league, though with them getting A.J. that could end up putting a little sour taste in our mouths if he ends up having a pro bowl career... never the less I'm certainly glad that they got him and not the stains.

21 hours ago, Kochman said:

That's a horrible insurance policy:2: Yea he goes nowhere and hopefully he doesn't see any action.

Not really. It's a pretty good insurance policy actually. He's a helluva lot better than most backup OLTs in this league and can substitute in a pinch and perform better than most. What's clear is, and what he can't do, is be a legitimate starter there, and management was wise to realize that. I am happy that he's our backup plan, if only for one year. I was also horrified considering him as a Left Tackle that had showed one iota that he had a future as potential starter there. Looking at this objectively, there's a huge difference between the two. His fifth year contract will not be exercised, but for this year he makes a very good back up plan, one that's better than most, in fact.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Everyone's ankle is a nonfactor in mid-March.  Time will tell.

Exactly, this guy has been dealing with the same ankle/foot injury since the summer of 2016, which coincidently was the same summer he signed his big-money extension. If you look at the timeline of the news reports on him on Rotoworld going back to May 2016 it's pretty troubling. http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7482/cordy-glenn The last 2 years are filled with reports about his ankle and to his credit he has tried to tough it out, get injections, get surgeries, etc...

He was diagnosed with a high ankle sprain in 2016 and it's almost April of 2018 and he's still dealing with it...,e http://billswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/08/bills-lt-cordy-glenn-to-miss-preseason-opens-door-for-cyrus-kouandjio/

13 hours ago, bengaled said:

Not really. It's a pretty good insurance policy actually. He's a helluva lot better than most backup OLTs in this league and can substitute in a pinch and perform better than most. What's clear is, and what he can't do, is be a legitimate starter there, and management was wise to realize that. I am happy that he's our backup plan, if only for one year. I was also horrified considering him as a Left Tackle that had showed one iota that he had a future as potential starter there. Looking at this objectively, there's a huge difference between the two. His fifth year contract will not be exercised, but for this year he makes a very good back up plan, one that's better than most, in fact.

Ced shouldn't be in the NFL, he can't play at this level. The only reason why he is on an NFL roster is that he was first round pick, if he was a 7th round pick he would be out of the league by now. 

On 3/15/2018 at 7:41 PM, T-Dub said:

Everyone's ankle is a nonfactor in mid-March.  Time will tell.

Dude, you are a Bengals fan.  If you can't be optimistic in the off season, when can you???

:lol: 

5 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Ced shouldn't be in the NFL, he can't play at this level. The only reason why he is on an NFL roster is that he was first round pick, if he was a 7th round pick he would be out of the league by now. 

His athleticism is why he wasn't a seventh rd pick, and why he's in the league.  What a bunch of malarkey.

Let's just wait and see if set what Ced can do in the NFL with a different offensive coach, he never was very good at the hug technique but he may work better with a punch technique like most tackles in this league use. Alexander was never very well at playing to a player's strength always demanding his players to do his way or the highway. Ced is more athletic but not as big and strong as most tackles.

The Cincinnati Bengals assumed some major risk when striking up a trade with the Buffalo Bills for left tackle Cordy Glenn.

Not only did the deal force the team to move down in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft, the Bengals front office had to take on a major cap hit.

There is also the main factor behind Glenn being available for a trade in the first place — a foot injury that cost him most of last year and helped the Bills discover a cheaper replacement.

According to Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals and director of player personnel Duke Tobin don’t have any concerns:

“We thought that when he has played and played fully healthy, he was a very effective left tackle,” Tobin said. “He has the size we want. A lot of his traits match what we want to do. We think he’s got the traits we look for. He’s still in the prime in his career from an age standpoint.”

The Bengals have a connection with Dr. Robert Anderson, the guy who worked with Glenn, so after doing their homework they pushed the trade through.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/26/bengals-arent-concerned-cordy-glenns-medical-reports-trade/

On 3/26/2018 at 11:55 AM, oldschooler said:

“We thought that when he has played and played fully healthy, he was a very effective left tackle,” Tobin said.

So was Anthony Munoz.  I don't think he's going to be ready for 2018 either.

On 3/26/2018 at 11:55 AM, oldschooler said:

The Cincinnati Bengals assumed some major risk when striking up a trade with the Buffalo Bills for left tackle Cordy Glenn.

Not only did the deal force the team to move down in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft, the Bengals front office had to take on a major cap hit.

There is also the main factor behind Glenn being available for a trade in the first place — a foot injury that cost him most of last year and helped the Bills discover a cheaper replacement.

According to Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals and director of player personnel Duke Tobin don’t have any concerns:

“We thought that when he has played and played fully healthy, he was a very effective left tackle,” Tobin said. “He has the size we want. A lot of his traits match what we want to do. We think he’s got the traits we look for. He’s still in the prime in his career from an age standpoint.”

The Bengals have a connection with Dr. Robert Anderson, the guy who worked with Glenn, so after doing their homework they pushed the trade through.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/26/bengals-arent-concerned-cordy-glenns-medical-reports-trade/

The doctor of the team that was trying to trade him said that he's fine. Sounds good to me.

42 minutes ago, Hooky said:

The doctor of the team that was trying to trade him said that he's fine. Sounds good to me.

He's a neutral doctor that works with many athletes across several different sports that specializes in foot injuries. Did you read the article or are you intentionally being dramatic?

1 hour ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

He's a neutral doctor that works with many athletes across several different sports that specializes in foot injuries. Did you read the article or are you intentionally being dramatic?

It didn't say that in the article. 

Archived