• James Daniels
    • Marcus Davenport
    • Isaiah Wynn
    • Orlando Brown
    • Kolton Miller
    • Lamar Jackson :ninja:
    • Sam Hubbard
    • Other

Starting to zero in on what I'd like to see them end up with in the draft.

* At 21, I would love to come away with McGlinchey for RT (if he's still there), but I also really love James Daniels, picking up a RT in 2 or 3.

* With the other three remaining picks in the first four rounds I'd look at a DE (with the loss of Smith we're left with 3.5 at the spot - Dunlap, Johnson, Willis & Lawson), an all-round LB, a CB or a safety that can double as a nickle corner or a QB

* With my three 5th rounders, I go with the one I didn't get in the first four rounds, another DE another LB or a swing OT

* The three sevenths would be targets of opportunities, but I'd lean toward the best WR, DT & the position I didn't get with the three 5th rounders

Breakdown:

3 OL (1 OC, 1 RT, 1 Swing Tackle)

0 TE 

1 WR

0 RB

1 QB

1 DT

2 DE (1 DE, 1 DE/DT swing guy)

1 LB

2 DB (1 CB, 1 S/Nickle CB)

0 ST

Of course, they will go full BPA and this will all be moot.

I still grind my teeth when I think of letting that McWebb deal get away.  Grrrr!  They don't need MORE picks, but going into the draft with (Glenn) a 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds, a 4th and three 5ths?  They could've got this thing right in a hurry.

Just having L.Jackson on the team will force opponents to prepare for two different qb's each week. 

Have lost track over the last few seasons but isn't Marvin strictly best available player with that first pick?  If Lamar is there how do you pass him up? 

His ability to Bob & weave giving AJ that extra time to get open.  

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

Just having L.Jackson on the team will force opponents to prepare for two different qb's each week. 

Have lost track over the last few seasons but isn't Marvin strictly best available player with that first pick?  If Lamar is there how do you pass him up

He's not a temptation for me at all.  

2 hours ago, snarkster said:

Starting to zero in on what I'd like to see them end up with in the draft.

* At 21, I would love to come away with McGlinchey for RT (if he's still there), but I also really love James Daniels, picking up a RT in 2 or 3.

* With the other three remaining picks in the first four rounds I'd look at a DE (with the loss of Smith we're left with 3.5 at the spot - Dunlap, Johnson, Willis & Lawson), an all-round LB, a CB or a safety that can double as a nickle corner or a QB

* With my three 5th rounders, I go with the one I didn't get in the first four rounds, another DE another LB or a swing OT

* The three sevenths would be targets of opportunities, but I'd lean toward the best WR, DT & the position I didn't get with the three 5th rounders

Breakdown:

3 OL (1 OC, 1 RT, 1 Swing Tackle)

0 TE 

1 WR

0 RB

1 QB

1 DT

2 DE (1 DE, 1 DE/DT swing guy)

1 LB

2 DB (1 CB, 1 S/Nickle CB)

0 ST

Of course, they will go full BPA and this will all be moot.

I still grind my teeth when I think of letting that McWebb deal get away.  Grrrr!  They don't need MORE picks, but going into the draft with (Glenn) a 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds, a 4th and three 5ths?  They could've got this thing right in a hurry.

21 is down to McG or Daniels for me as well.  I'd be happy with either, but I think I'm leaning Daniels.

I want whichever position we didn't go at 21 at 46 or 77.  If Gesicki is still there at 46 I would have a hard time passing him up.  Unless we took McG in 1 and Price is also still there.  After that give me a run stuffing NT, a ball hawk safety, and BPA after that.

3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Have lost track over the last few seasons but isn't Marvin strictly best available player with that first pick?  If Lamar is there how do you pass him up? 

Lol?

pzv5j7l.jpg

4 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Odd that James Daniels isn't on this list.  Since I'm not adept at scouting interior lineman this give me, as an knowledgeable fan, some pause on my JD man crush.

Daniels should still be a good NFL C, I wouldn't worry much about it.

I hope Ragnow stops getting hype or else we might not be able to get him with a 2nd/3rd rounder. I think he's the best C available this year and was projected to go in the late 3rd by most sources. Wonder where he actually ends up.

What if we pass Lamar at 21 and he has similar success to what Watson had this past season???? How many of you were saying the same about Watson before last year's draft?

If he's not there at 21 I'm more than fine rolling the dice with Dalton for another season. However Barkley as the #2 I do not like.  If the kid is there at 21 we gotta roll the dice and take him. Pleaseeeeee. I'm not saying start him over Dalton asap. Just get him on the team. 

3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

What if we pass Lamar at 21 and he has similar success to what Watson had this past season???? How many of you were saying the same about Watson before last year's draft?

If he's not there at 21 I'm more than fine rolling the dice with Dalton for another season. However Barkley as the #2 I do not like.  If the kid is there at 21 we gotta roll the dice and take him. Pleaseeeeee. I'm not saying start him over Dalton asap. Just get him on the team. 

Not happening.

4 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I agree. And we can always sign Manziel if Jackson's off the board.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Your avatar speaks volumes about your quarterback expertise.

:ninja:

Iol so does yours. Andy slapin his forehead after another dohhhh moment. A sight were all to familiar with. 

I think if the kid is there at 21 they take him. How do you pass him up when our #1 is Dalton?  No way they pass up a chance to get someone with potential to be way better. 

56 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Iol so does yours. Andy slapin his forehead after another dohhhh moment. A sight were all to familiar with. 

I think if the kid is there at 21 they take him. How do you pass him up when our #1 is Dalton?  No way they pass up a chance to get someone with potential to be way better. 

Ah, yes, the Andy Face Palm.

And there's that word again, "potential". 

I would like to see an impact player NOW.

I think the OT and Center positions are deep enough to find a good one at 2 or beyond.

I want a teeth rattling defensive player, pref a smart, mobile, hard hitting linebacker. 

Archived