C - They'll re-sign Bodine or draft someone. Richburg is still a realistic possibility if he sits on the market and comes cheap.

RT - Hobspin already said we probably won't pursue re-signing Andre because of the Bobby Hart signing. I'd also guess that Ogbuehi backs up both OT positions.

LB - What is "LB2"? MLB? SLB? We need 2 LBs? 2nd best LB other than Burfict? Honestly not sure what you mean by that. Regardless, we need at least 1 decent linebacker signed or drafted. Not sure we go after a guy like Whitehead now since he may cost a few million, but that'd be my choice.

DT and RG are probably already on the roster even though I like Will Hernandez in the draft quite a bit.

TE - Would be nice to add a TE that can catch and block. Just re-sign Eifert to an incentive laden contract and cross your fingers. There aren't many well rounded immediate starters in the draft.

WR2 - don't care, we have a million guys on the roster already

QB2 - don't care

3 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

C - They'll re-sign Bodine or draft someone. Richburg is still a realistic possibility if he sits on the market and comes cheap.

RT - Hobspin already said we probably won't pursue re-signing Andre because of the Bobby Hart signing. I'd also guess that Ogbuehi backs up both OT positions.

LB - What is "LB2"? MLB? SLB? We need 2 LBs? 2nd best LB other than Burfict? Honestly not sure what you mean by that. Regardless, we need at least 1 decent linebacker signed or drafted. Not sure we go after a guy like Whitehead now since he may cost a few million, but that'd be my choice.

DT and RG are probably already on the roster even though I like Will Hernandez in the draft quite a bit.

TE - Would be nice to add a TE that can catch and block. Just re-sign Eifert to an incentive laden contract and cross your fingers. There aren't many well rounded immediate starters in the draft.

WR2 - don't care, we have a million guys on the roster already

QB2 - don't care

Hobson said we wouldn't pursue Andre because of Bobby Hart? I missed that.

A LB2 would be any second LB. Burfict can play 1 spot. Either WLB or MLB. We only really play 2 LBs and have the talent to take up the 33% or so that the 3rd LB plays. Vigil can at least be that. There is a great group of FA LBs but we would need to be flexible there. Some would be more MLB some more WLB. 

OLB Korey Toomer-Chargers Nigel Bradham-Eagles Avery Williamson-Titans  
ILB Zach Brown-Redskins Jerrell Freeman-Bears FA Todd Davis-Broncos Paul Posluzny-retired
ILB Tahir Whitehead-Lions Jon Bostic-Colts Preston Brown-Bills Navarro Bowman-Raiders

3 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Oh wow, any figures on that? I thought he may be a guy that sits around for a few days and settles for a reasonable contract. Guess I was wrong on that one.

5 years. Unknown amount. 

They already re-signed Daniel Kilgore to a 3 year deal this offseason. 1 will play guard. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Hobson said we wouldn't pursue Andre because of Bobby Hart? I missed that.

"Glenn is the second starting tackle they’ve acquired in the last month before free agency even opens Wednesday. They signed Giants right tackle Bobby Hart to a one-year deal on Valentine’s Day, so it looks like right tackle Andre Smith is no longer in their free agency plans."

Hobson isn't right about 100% of Bengals related items but he usually gives fans a heads up with stuff like that. He's calling Hart a "starting tackle" too so take that FWIW.

Just now, omgdrdoom said:

"Glenn is the second starting tackle they’ve acquired in the last month before free agency even opens Wednesday. They signed Giants right tackle Bobby Hart to a one-year deal on Valentine’s Day, so it looks like right tackle Andre Smith is no longer in their free agency plans."

Hobson isn't right about 100% of Bengals related items but he usually gives fans a heads up with stuff like that. He's calling Hart a "starting tackle" too so take that FWIW.

That's disheartening. 

5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

That's disheartening. 

I could still see them drafting a tackle if someone they like is there with one of our early picks, but I'm pretty sure you can rule out any free agent OTs, even Andre unless he comes at a huge discount.

1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

I could still see them drafting a tackle if someone they like is there with one of our early picks, but I'm pretty sure you can rule out any free agent OTs, even Andre unless he comes at a huge discount.

I got the feeling initially that Hart was seen as a guy to grab just because he was out there and could have an upside. This seems like they might be counting on him more than I would like. Probably Fisher/Hart at RT. 

3 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I got the feeling initially that Hart was seen as a guy to grab just because he was out there and could have an upside. This seems like they might be counting on him more than I would like. Probably Fisher/Hart at RT. 

Unless we can play them at the same time at the same position this is a terrible plan for us.

On 3/13/2018 at 1:36 PM, omgdrdoom said:

Oh wow, any figures on that? I thought he may be a guy that sits around for a few days and settles for a reasonable contract. Guess I was wrong on that one.

PFT is reporting the deal is 5 years, $47.5 million total, with $28.5 million guaranteed.  He is now the second highest paid center in per year average and he has the third biggest overall contract for a center.

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

PFT is reporting the deal is 5 years, $47.5 million total, with $28.5 million guaranteed.  He is now the second highest paid center in per year average and he has the third biggest overall contract for a center.

Holy fuck. Ryan Jensen just got super excited when those numbers were released.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Bodine be like, "Hey, I am half as good as that guy,..I deserve 5 years, $24 mil with $14.25 mil  guaranteed!!!"

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah...when I saw that yesterday I was like...what the fuck?!? Free agency always seems to be a gong show for contracts but there have been a few, including this one, which make zero sense to me.

On 3/13/2018 at 12:09 PM, MichaelWeston said:

This is how I see our needs. 

Crisis Need

C

RT

Need

LB2

DT

RG

TE

Possible Need

WR2

QB2

How do you see us filling them?

Safety and RB are needs to. The team tried to add to Safety.

Especially RB since we're more than likely losing 2.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:30 AM, omgdrdoom said:

Jensen ended up signing with Tampa.  Reported at 4 years, $42 million total, with $22 million guaranteed.  Higher average per year than Richburg but less guaranteed money.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 12:49 PM, oldschooler said:

Oh wow, I would've given our safeties more of a 1.7, maybe a 1.74 at best. 

:ninja:

This is from PFF isn't it. WTF am I even looking at here besides decimal points?  What do those kooks have against whole numbers?

40 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Oh wow, I would've given our safeties more of a 1.7, maybe a 1.74 at best. 

:ninja:

This is from PFF isn't it. WTF am I even looking at here besides decimal points?  What do those kooks have against whole numbers?

He's from ESPN.  But yeah. It's football. WTF you want to make shit so confusing?

Here's his twitter if you want to attempt to understand all that mumbo jumbo.

If you do, please explain it to me lol 

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

He's from ESPN.  But yeah. It's football. WTF you want to make shit so confusing?

I blame the sabermetrics people leaking over from MLB.  Stats are a lot more useful applied over 180+ games a season.  NFL seasons can get tanked because some guys got a cold at the wrong time.

Archived