Tracking 2019 Comp Picks

4 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

And I am having a discussion. But you don't like comp picks and don't like what I have to say in regards to

teams that have had the most comp picks in history and it's correlation to winning and winning franchises.  

You're fucking dense if you think winning teams win because of comp picks and not that winning teams get more comp picks because they're winning teams.

It's not rocket science to see which is the cause and which is the effect. My goodness.

1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

You're fucking dense if you think winning teams win because of comp picks and not that winning teams get more comp picks because they're winning teams.

It's not rocket science to see which is the cause and which is the effect. My goodness.

The tone, it's all wrong.

Do it again and I'll stab you in the fucking face with a soldering iron.

And talk about a fucking strawman argument.

I showed you with facts, the good, smart, well ran teams that win, have had the most

comp picks in the history of comp picks. You "b-b-but, that's not why they win!"

No shit Einstein.Who in the god damn fuck every said THAT'S why they win you?

The point was they don't sign UFAs to make their rosters better. If they did, they 

wouldn't get the fucking comp picks. Is it really that hard for you to follow?

Anyway, since you hate comp picks, why don't you eat shit and quit talking to me

like I am a fucking Stealers fan or your enemy.

You can skip the eat shit part if you like. 

Just now, oldschooler said:

I showed you with facts, the good, smart, well ran teams that win, have had the most

comp picks in the history of comp picks. You "b-b-but, that's not why they win!"

No shit Einstein.Who in the god damn fuck every said THAT'S why they win you?

The point was they don't sign UFAs to make their rosters better. If they did, they 

wouldn't get the fucking comp picks. Is it really that hard for you to follow?

Good teams 100% sign UFAs to make their rosters better. They just don't go all Browns/Redskins mode 24/7 on seeing how many ridiculous contracts they can give out in a single offseason while also making shitty draft picks.

Is that really fucking hard for you to follow? They don't always worry about the fucking comp picks because they also sign fucking free agents, just not as many (or as dumb of ones) as the "bad teams".

Understand? Probably not. I'll talk to you like a Stealers fan when you come at me like an asshole for having a different opinion when I was pretty damn reasonable at first until you gave me shit.

The reality is that some teams that win Superbowls (Pats) have an elite QB and elite coach. They have the luxury of being able to let talent go because they can win with seemingly whoever they draft or pick up in the free agent market.

Not every team can build that way. It might sound crazy but there is no exact science to winning championships as most of the past 10-20 winners have been built differently. Elite QBs, elite coaches, elite defenses, quite a few UFAs, not many UFAs, etc. etc.

Trying to worry too much about protecting comp picks when you don't have an elite QB, elite coach, elite defense, OR elite "weapons" seems a bit silly to me. The current Bengals aren't in a position where they can afford to ignore free agency just to get some extra draft picks a year later. The "good teams" can do so because they're already good teams, we aren't among the best NFL teams right now though so I don't know that it's a solid strategy for us. A mid tier free agent is going to give you a better chance to win games than a late round pick an entire season later.

18 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Good teams 100% sign UFAs to make their rosters better. 

So do we.

They don't always worry about the fucking comp picks because they also sign fucking free agents, just not as many (or as dumb of ones) as the "bad teams".

Neither do we. We also sign Free Agents.

Understand? Probably not. I'll talk to you like a Stealers fan when you come at me like an asshole for having a different opinion when I was pretty damn reasonable at first until you gave me shit.

I came at you like an asshole? You might want to re-read the first few exchanges.

I honestly can't believe you didn't know that with how much it seems that you follow the team.
Cherry picking
Incorrect
Duh
Illogical
Very, Very Silly
You're constant with the black & white bullshit when these situations are anything but. 

Those aren't my words to you. 

7 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Neither do we. We also sign Free Agents.

We sign shit tier free agents or guys who were cut by their previous team in offseasons where we lose a "big" free agent of our own. Is that to ensure we receive a comp pick the next year? I think so. You disagree. That's about all there is to it man. We can agree to disagree on that part of it like I've said 3 times now. The team has suggested they do that to ensure we get the extra pick. I can look for some sources if you'd like to see it.

1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

We sign shit tier free agents or guys who were cut by their previous team in offseasons where we lose a "big" free agent of our own. Is that to ensure we receive a comp pick the next year? I think so. You disagree. That's about all there is to it man. We can agree to disagree on that part of it like I've said 3 times now.

Image result for thumbs up gif

8 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Since 2007

Chinedum Ndukwe

Andre Caldwell

Matt Sherry

Angelo Craig

Mario Urrutia

Chase Coffman

Bernard Scott

Clinton McDonald

Freddie Brown

Brandon Ghee

Rodderick Muckelroy

Jay Finley (supplemental comp pick)

Reid Fragel

TJ Johnson

Marquis Flowers

Lavelle Westbrooks

Paul Dawson

Marcus Hardison

Ryan Glasgow

JJ Dielman

Mason Schreck

Thanks for the list again. Pretty underwhelming list of guys.

Archived