Bengals sign Matt Barkley to backup Dalton

20 hours ago, Cricket said:

I just have to say:  oldschooler, it is great having you back and keeping us informed.  🐯

20 hours ago, schotzee said:

Hear hear Dilly dilly and all that other sort of jazz! :049:

20 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

100% agree, I remember when me Oldschooler used to go at it. I had a different handle, I used to post here under Bengal_Smoov. 

He's one of the original members of this board, ever since John Thornton closed his board and Go started this place. 

Two cheers for Oldschooler, hip hip hooray!!! Hip hip hooray!!!!

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

And I concur, thanks OLD!

You get a thank you! everyone gets a thank you! and you get a thank you! and you get a thank you! - You get a thank you! everyone gets a thank you! and you get a thank you! and you get a thank you!  oprah you get a car

On 3/17/2018 at 4:25 PM, SF2 said:

Well, Barkley has way more experience than our previous backup.  I think its a good move.   And I concur, thanks OLD!

More experience but McCarron is 10x better. 

21 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Barkley will have a better QB coach than McCarron ever did. Let's see how that factors into the mix?

I have no idea if Barkley is any good.  Played a few games for Chip Kelly in Philly and got a few starts for a horrible Chicago team.  Certainly threw a lot of picks.   McCarron got to play on probably the best team we have had this century or pretty close.  Comparing the two is pretty difficult given the small sample size. 

29 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

We're one jamed finger from Barkley being our main QB. 

If Lamar Jackson is Akili 2.0 and we skip him at 21. 

Can we at least grab one with them extra 5th round picks??

I'd assume we see a QB taken with a later pick.

Most teams are 1 freak injury away from having a bad starting QB. Not many teams are built with multiple starting capable QBs.

7 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I'd assume we see a QB taken with a later pick.

Most teams are 1 freak injury away from having a bad starting QB. Not many teams are built with multiple starting capable QBs.

All the more reason to fix our oline,  running game and hope Eifert can stay healthy.  A good running team and TE option can certainly weather their starting QB going down better than deep pass happy teams like Indy with Luck or Green Bay with Rodgers.  New England gained 2000 receiving yards last year to the combined TE and RB position.  That is 44% of their receiving yards.  Quick short throws that a decent backup should be able to make.

Few teams have a Nick Foles sitting on their bench as a backup.

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

All the more reason to fix our oline,  running game and hope Eifert can stay healthy.  A good running team and TE option can certainly weather their starting QB going down better than deep pass happy teams like Indy with Luck or Green Bay with Rodgers.  New England gained 2000 receiving yards last year to the combined TE and RB position.  That is 44% of their receiving yards.  Quick short throws that a decent backup should be able to make.

Few teams have a Nick Foles sitting on their bench as a backup.

Wasn't Foles just a decent backup that stepped into the same setup?

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Wasn't Foles just a decent backup that stepped into the same setup?

All I know is some of the long passes he made in the Super Bowl were exceptional.  Certainly could have caught lightning in a bottle but he did have a spectacular 2013 season.  

Archived