PFF: Bengals had the 28th ranked O-line in 2017

Dolphins, Jets, Cardinals and Texans were ranked worse

28. CINCINNATI BENGALS

Total pressures surrendered: 158
Best player: Clint Boling
Combinations used: 21

Prior to the 2017 season, the Bengals chose not to retain free agents Andrew Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler. That decision came back to bite them during the season as Cincinnati’s offensive line heavily struggled in 2017. The Bengals had 10 different offensive linemen play at least 80 snaps and all 10 of them gave up at least one sack. However, Cincinnati’s struggles were not limited only to pass protection. The Bengals averaged just 3.17 yards (and 0.93 yards before contact) on outside zone runs, which was the fifth-lowest in the NFL and the third-lowest among teams that used this concept at least 100 times.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season?utm_content=buffer7beac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

13 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Breaking News: The 2017 Bengals offensive line was horrible...also the sky is blue and water is wet...back to you Jim. 

There is a pretty decent argument that neither the sky is blue nor is water wet. 

But the line was terrible.

Looks to be only one returning starter from last year - Boling.

I'd be fine with:

OC James Daniels (1)

LG Clint Boling

RG Alex Redmond

LT Cordie Glenn (FA)

RT Competition between a 2nd or 3rd Rd pick / Bobby Hart (FA) / Jake Fisher

Other reserves

TJ Johnson

Christian Westerman

Trey Hopkins / (Other)

Obueghi? Keep him around if Pollack thinks he can do something, but I'd just as soon see them cut him loose.  Saw some yayhoo opine they might move him inside at a guard spot. I want my guards to be mean-assed maulers.  Obueghi was a big pussy @ tackle, don't bother trying him at guard.

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

Looks to be only one returning starter from last year - Boling.

I'd be fine with:

OC James Daniels (1)

LG Clint Boling

RG Alex Redmond

LT Cordie Glenn (FA)

RT Competition between a 2nd or 3rd Rd pick / Bobby Hart (FA) / Jake Fisher

Other reserves

TJ Johnson

Christian Westerman

Trey Hopkins / (Other)

Obueghi? Keep him around if Pollack thinks he can do something, but I'd just as soon see them cut him loose.  Saw some yayhoo opine they might move him inside at a guard spot. I want my guards to be mean-assed maulers.  Obueghi was a big pussy @ tackle, don't bother trying him at guard.

I'm thinking Daniels, Price or Ragway will be there at 2.  Maybe 3 for Ragway. (I think that's his name)

I still would like to see an impact D player in 1.  Really like Vander Esch if one of the top ranked killers doesn't slide.

Excellent linebacker and would totally fuck Piggsturd.

Archived