5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Are we set at RB? Who would be 3rd with Jeremy Hill gone and Peerman unsigned and getting old, though he's mostly ST any more anyway? The other Hill? Carson? Do we draft one anywhere?

Idk but isn't Jarveon Williams still with us as well?

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

Idk but isn't Jarveon Williams still with us as well?

He is on the Wiki roster I just saw. I didn't intentionally omit him. I just spouted out a couple of names. I think that's all of them now. And Hewitt.

18 minutes ago, Hooky said:

He is on the Wiki roster I just saw. I didn't intentionally omit him. I just spouted out a couple of names. I think that's all of them now. And Hewitt.

Ah yes, I believe so. Iirc Williams looked pretty good in preseason last year. Idk if he was active in reg season games.

Seems they like Brian Hill as the #3. He was a 5th rounder last season and played pretty well in his limited opportunities late in the year. 

My guess is they use one of their three 7th round picks to bring in competition for Hill. That would also add injury depth and a practice squad candidate. 

Yeah probably just a late rounder to compete with the depth we already have.

Can't see them signing a free agent unless it's a vet min guy or using a mid-high round draft pick on one, the team really likes Gio and Mixon and won't use many resources on a 3rd-4th string back.

5 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah probably just a late rounder to compete with the depth we already have.

Can't see them signing a free agent unless it's a vet min guy or using a mid-high round draft pick on one, the team really likes Gio and Mixon and won't use many resources on a 3rd-4th string back.

That's what I figured. Just wondered what we have if we need to go 3 deep. Would they be tempted by a ridiculous steal in the mid rounds?

43 minutes ago, Hooky said:

That's what I figured. Just wondered what we have if we need to go 3 deep. Would they be tempted by a ridiculous steal in the mid rounds?

I think it would be possible but I really hope they don't go that route since we have 2 guys who can definitely run the ball if we get the line fixed. I'd rather have as many picks between C, OT, OG, LB, DE, DT, S, TE in the early to mid rounds if possible. Maybe even another CB if the right guy is there.

I could see them taking someone in another Andrew Billings situation though. On both draft coverages that I was watching Billings was listed as BPA for something crazy like 2 straight rounds of picks until we finally took him lol it was absurd how long he sat there and kept falling. He was being mocked in the late 1st round to 2nd by most outlets. If something like that happens with RB is the only way I see us touching the position before round 5 or so.

I really think they could use a short yardage back this year but I'm not sure how common that is these days. Tra Carson certainly fits the bill if it's an option. Not sure how many RBs they will take on the final 53. They've traditionally rostered 4 or 5 depending on special teams. Not sure if there's a chance they keep Mixon, Bernard, Hewitt and two others. Certainly both Hill and Carson (or another back in one of their places) could all be on the final roster. 

Archived