Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
oldschooler

How is Vegas viewing the Bengals? Quiet poorly. Cincinnati's odds of winning Super Bowl 53 are now worse than the Browns'.

Recommended Posts

meh.... I don't see why anyone would have any faith in this team outside of us blind homers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

meh.... I don't see why anyone would have any faith in this team outside of us blind homers

I understand what you're saying man, but worse odds than the Browns?!:13: 1 and 31 past 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh.. I know the browns suck and I am quite sure we will be better than them this year.. but they have some hype right now (people forget they are shit and have a shit coach) because they have signed a couple ok players and have hella draft picks (again). 

So Vegas knows people will be betting on them.. made the odds a little worse.

 

and NOBODY gives a shit about the Bengals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

Shhhhhhhh

Hahaha was thinking the same thing

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It boils down to Bengals fans realize our team is way better than the Clowns but we are not going to waste a bunch of our money betting on ourselves.  Browns fans are just stupid.  Probably similar odds after they drafted Johnny Football.   I would bet on us. Made good moves so far this FA and if Eifert can stay healthy and our oline is better we can certainly make it back to the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

oh.. I know the browns suck and I am quite sure we will be better than them this year.. but they have some hype right now (people forget they are shit and have a shit coach) because they have signed a couple ok players and have hella draft picks (again). 

So Vegas knows people will be betting on them.. made the odds a little worse.

 

and NOBODY gives a shit about the Bengals

Talk about groundhog day. This is every offseason. They get flashy players and can't make it work. They win the off-season, but can't win a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It boils down to Bengals fans realize our team is way better than the Clowns but we are not going to waste a bunch of our money betting on ourselves.  Browns fans are just stupid.  Probably similar odds after they drafted Johnny Football.   I would bet on us. Made good moves so far this FA and if Eifert can stay healthy and our oline is better we can certainly make it back to the playoffs. 

Right. We made moves way earlier than usual to fix what's broken and our odds have plummeted to 2nd highest odds since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Quiet poorly"?  What the hell does that mean?  (I know those weren't your words, old, so it's not directed at you.)

 

It's true that the odds are influenced by bettors' enthusiasm, rational or otherwise, so teams with a smaller following will sometimes get worse odds than their talent might otherwise dictate.  That being said, there is no reason to bet on a Marvin Lewis coached team ever winning a Super Bowl. No matter the talent or how successful the regular season may be, they will implode in the postseason, just as they have every other time.  If Marvin doesn't shit his pants, one or more of the knuckleheads he keeps on the roster will find a way to mess it up.  That's why this two-year extension is so disheartening.  That's why seeing people like Pacman and Burfict remain in the conversation is frustrating.  What good is 12-4 when the wheels fall off in the playoffs every damned time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fluhartz said:

meh.... I don't see why anyone would have any faith in this team outside of us blind homers

 

Even us blind homers know the playoff record 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texans might be a good bet if Watt and Watson stay healthy. 

 

It's comical to think the Browns are going to be a lot better with Taylor or a rookie QB and Hue as coach. They'll probably take Darnold at 1 and hope for Barkley at 4 but I'll laugh my head off if Barkley goes at 2 or 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Texans might be a good bet if Watt and Watson stay healthy. 

 

It's comical to think the Browns are going to be a lot better with Taylor or a rookie QB and Hue as coach. They'll probably take Darnold at 1 and hope for Barkley at 4 but I'll laugh my head off if Barkley goes at 2 or 3. 

Then they'll take Fitzpatrick or the NC State DE. They'll be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hooky said:

Right. We made moves way earlier than usual to fix what's broken and our odds have plummeted to 2nd highest odds since then.

The moves the Bengals have made are risky at best, hoping that Glenn and Eifert can get and stay healthy is a huge risk that Vegas doesn't think is going to work in the Bengals favor. 

 

Vegas isn't emotional invested like us fans, they aren't impressed with trading for an injured LT and re-signing a broken down Eifert. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worse than the Stains!?  That's nuts!  lol  Different GM same stupid crap!!  They actually sent

a scout out to watch Johnny Football throw at the University of San Diego's pro day today!

What the hell!!??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to think our odds are worse than Cleveland.  Even if you like all the moves they've made in free agency, this is still a team who has won 1 game the last two years.  Oh and their LT and best player retired.  I think it's reasonable to think the Browns will improve and win more games, but they are not closer to the playoffs than the Bengals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no mathematician, but if one was to drop 100 grand on the Bengals and they won it all, you would win like 8.9 mil correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

Worse than the Stains!?  That's nuts!  lol  Different GM same stupid crap!!  They actually sent

a scout out to watch Johnny Football throw at the University of San Diego's pro day today!

What the hell!!??  

There were 12 other teams watching Johnny including the Patriots, Giants, Raiders and Panthers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The moves the Bengals have made are risky at best, hoping that Glenn and Eifert can get and stay healthy is a huge risk that Vegas doesn't think is going to work in the Bengals favor. 

 

Vegas isn't emotional invested like us fans, they aren't impressed with trading for an injured LT and re-signing a broken down Eifert. 

Wow, that wasn't focusing on the negative at all. So those risky moves made us drop to 2nd worst team in the league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

There were 12 other teams watching Johnny including the Patriots, Giants, Raiders and Panthers.  

Yea West , but the stains have already witnessed his shit show many times up close and personal.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

There were 12 other teams watching Johnny including the Patriots, Giants, Raiders and Panthers.  

right... and none of them were there to see johnny foosball..

San Diego has a couple draftable players..

his agent talked (bribed) the school in to letting him throw to the receivers... he is a fucking clown and everyone knows it (even the clowns)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

Vegas also had no faith in UMBC vs Virginia.  

What does that even mean? No shit they didn't have faith in a huge underdog. The Browns can (and have) beat the Patriots before but it doesn't mean there should be good odds for it to happen. Do you honestly think that bettors were "wrong" for putting their money on a team that should theoretically win 9 out of 10 times?

 

I swear that some people just want to be as illogical and dense as fucking possible 24/7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The odds are set based on how people are betting. It's not Vegas, it's the bettors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×