Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham Podcast: Times They Are A Changin

Most interesting comment from Lapham was about Bobby Hart.  He thinks Hart can be a very good RT if he's healthy based off the tape he's watched.  He's young and experienced and he should be motivated going into a contract year.  I'm not expecting much but Hart could be a small bet that pays off.  

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Most interesting comment from Lapham was about Bobby Hart.  He thinks Hart can be a very good RT if he's healthy based off the tape he's watched.  He's young and experienced and he should be motivated going into a contract year.  I'm not expecting much but Hart could be a small bet that pays off.  

I don't mind betting on him or Glenn, but neither are a reason to not draft OL.  It's a good draft for us to get some depth there.

On 3/25/2018 at 11:32 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

On 3/26/2018 at 12:43 AM, T-Dub said:

I don't mind betting on him or Glenn, but neither are a reason to not draft OL.  It's a good draft for us to get some depth there.

I think there's a huuuuge difference between betting on Glenn and Hart.

One guy was highly regarded coming out of college, has proven for many years that he can be top tier at his position in the NFL, and is coming off an injury. The other guy is also coming off an injury but that's where the comparisons stop. Bobby Hart wasn't a great prospect and also hasn't proven that he can be a good tackle at the NFL level.

I think we HAVE to draft another OT in the 2nd or 3rd round and pencil them in to start unless Hart beats the guy out before the season begins.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I think there's a huuuuge difference between betting on Glenn and Hart.

One guy was highly regarded coming out of college, has proven for many years that he can be top tier at his position in the NFL, and is coming off an injury. The other guy is also coming off an injury but that's where the comparisons stop. Bobby Hart wasn't a great prospect and also hasn't proven that he can be a good tackle at the NFL level.

I think we HAVE to draft another OT in the 2nd or 3rd round and pencil them in to start unless Hart beats the guy out before the season begins.

But we can't draft one in the first round because.. reasons.  Either way, expecting an as-yet unnamed draft pick to start at RT isn't reassuring. 

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

But we can't draft one in the first round because.. reasons.  Either way, expecting an as-yet unnamed draft pick to start at RT isn't reassuring. 

I don't think we can't draft one, just less likely now that we only need 1 tackle instead of 2. We also need OC, OG, LB, S, DT, and a few other positions could be addressed too. Can't take em all early ya know?

I would probably trust a lot of the projected 1-3 round RTs over Bobby Hart but we shall see who's actually on the roster over the summer.

1 minute ago, omgdrdoom said:

I don't think we can't draft one, just less likely now that we only need 1 tackle instead of 2.

If Glenn is healthy enough to last the year for the first time since '15.  Why would you bet your entire season on that?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

If Glenn is healthy enough to last the year for the first time since '15.  Why would you bet your entire season on that?

I get it, you're super pessimistic about any player that has been injured in the recent past. I'm not, I've seen enough players come back at a high level after injury where I'm not going to complain all offseason about a GOOD move that the front office has finally made. When is the last time we've signed or traded for a good to great player that's not way over the hill or a complete reclamation project? This is a rarity that we can finally get excited about as fans but you can't even be slightly optimistic about it? I don't know what else to tell you, we can just agree to disagree I guess.

13 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I get it, you're super pessimistic about any player that has been injured in the recent past. 

Right, not getting hyped on Glenn or Eifert that haven't played a full season in years = super pessimistic about any player blahblah etc.

I don't know what else to tell you, we can just agree to disagree I guess.

What you and the strawman you've created decide to agree or disagree on really has nothing to do with me, but ok?

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Right, not getting hyped on Glenn or Eifert that haven't played a full season in years = super pessimistic about any player blahblah etc.

What you and the strawman you've created decide to agree or disagree on really has nothing to do with me, but ok?

Come on man, you make comments more than most people here about injured players and whatnot. It's bullshit if you think Glenn and Eifert are the only 2 players you've ever made these kinds of comments about. No strawman, just taking patterns I've seen from you over the past year or two and pointing them out. I'm not saying you're an idiot asshole for thinking that way, just that we'll have to disagree because IMO the Glenn trade was a great move by the FO.

Un-bunch the panties, I wasn't even being rude I was just pointing out how we have different takes on formerly injured players a lot of the time on here and I doubt either of us is going to magically change our mind at this point.

3 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Mommy look at me I said McScrooge, Eifert is made of glass, and Redeemer 16 times yesterday. Yeah I didn't actually contribute any discussion but I also insulted someone unironically because they argued with me!

Piss off

You sound triggered.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You sound triggered.

9 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Mommy look at me I said McScrooge, Eifert is made of glass, and Redeemer 16 times yesterday. Yeah I didn't actually contribute any discussion but I also insulted someone unironically because they argued with me!

Piss off

Take it to PM or take a vacation...

You've been warned - this pissing contest across threads is asinine.

16 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Take it to PM or take a vacation...

You've been warned - this pissing contest across threads is asinine.

Apologies, I got annoyed.  Feel free to delete any or all of that from me, or replace it with a 10-hr loop of "Baby Shark"

Archived