Colin Cowherd: Carson Palmer Is A Hall of Famer

This is all I have to say about Ken Anderson:

I truly believe that the only reason he isn't in the Hall is because the Bengals Ownership(both Paul and Mike) have been disliked for a long time.

On 3/29/2018 at 7:13 PM, kennethmw said:

This is all I have to say about Ken Anderson:

I truly believe that the only reason he isn't in the Hall is because the Bengals Ownership(both Paul and Mike) have been disliked for a long time.

The Bengals of the Anderson era never had sustained or even short periods of domination.  They would make the playoffs then miss for 5 years. Play in Superbowl, lose in wildcard next year then nothing for 5 years.    Never had the best team or even close other than maybe 1981.   Teams like the Dolphins, Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders and Shitsburgh were in the mix every year. We were never even a short term wonder team like the Warner led Rams or even a one year wonder like the Bears. Anderson isnt in because we were never great or even good long enough despite his Hall of Fame effort. 

On 3/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, SF2 said:

The Bengals of the Anderson era never had sustained or even short periods of domination.  They would make the playoffs then miss for 5 years. Play in Superbowl, lose in wildcard next year then nothing for 5 years.    Never had the best team or even close other than maybe 1981.   Teams like the Dolphins, Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders and Shitsburgh were in the mix every year. We were never even a short term wonder team like the Warner led Rams or even a one year wonder like the Bears. Anderson isnt in because we were never great or even good long enough despite his Hall of Fame effort. 

As much as I don't want to hear that, it's hard to disagree.  It just stinks to see players with lesser stats get in, just because they played on championship teams.  And, there's still the Fouts thing.  They put up a lot of points and were consistently good for four or five years, but never really won anything.

I have a problem with whole Hall of "Fame" thing, anyway, although I'm not really sure what I'd call it otherwise.  If "fame" is the criteria, then Ickey Woods and his shuffle should be in there.  He was certainly "famous" at one time, and people still know about that dance 30 years later.  Half :ninja:   In the same way, I've never liked the Most "Valuable" Player awards.  Call it Player Of The Year.  Don't make a player suffer, in this or any other sport, because he wasn't "valuable" enough to single-handedly take a shitty team to a championship.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, SF2 said:

That had more to do with the team around him than it did him.

Archived