112. Shaqueem Griffin LB UCF

151. Allen Lazard WR ISU

158. Luke Falk QB WSU

170. Dorance Armstrong DE KU

249. Kamryn Pettway RB Aub

252. Taylor Hearn G Clem

253. Brandon Facyson CB VT

can't complain about that.

I think they can wait until 46 for a C though.....all three of Ragnow/Price/Daniels won't go in the top 45, you can pretty much take that to the bank.

Settle is one of my favorite players in this draft, BTW

4 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Brown is a top 5 OT in this draft, no way he's available at the 100th pick.

It may be a little bit of wishful thinking, but guys slide.  Who thought Billings would make it to 4?  And Brown had a much worse combine than Billings.

(1)21. Maurice Hurst DT Mich

(2)46. Billy Price C Ohio State

(3)77. Genard Avery LB Memphis

(3)100. Dane Cruikshank S Arizona

(4)112. Jeff Holland EDGE Auburn

(5)151. Keke Coutee WR Texas Tech

(5)158. Duke Dawson CB Florida

(5)170. Kyle Lauletta QB Richmond

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It may be a little bit of wishful thinking, but guys slide.  Who thought Billings would make it to 4?  And Brown had a much worse combine than Billings.

True but Brown's game tape is very good, he was considered one the top 3 before the combine, no way he makes it out of the second round.

9 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I think we should take an LB at 46 or 77, with one or the other being a safety. I've seen a few drafts now where we take Will Hernandez at 21.

I'd much rather have a C (or RT if McGlinchey falls).  I'm fine with Boling & Redmond at guard with Daniels (or Price) between them.

I get that, but for better or worse they’ve clearly bet on that - given all the dire needs of this team at OL and LB and even DL, if they don’t drafta TE at all I am ok with that. They’ve also got that Shreck kid too I believe on the practice squad.

51 minutes ago, schotzee said:

With me tbh,  I have almost zero faith in Eifert making it through more than 3 games. I hope I'm very wrong.

Why wouldn't you? Not necessarily zero, but there's no reason to think otherwise given his track record. How many players have been seriously injured in the fucking Pro Bowl? I obviously hope you're wrong too, but all we have is hope.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

They have 3 TEs already signed - why are you all wanting another in the draft?

Agree - I happen to think that Kroft was pretty darn good last year. Was he as good as Eifert? - no but with all of our weapons, I think we're fine at TE for the moment. Who knows, Uzoma may even come on a little.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Why wouldn't you? Not necessarily zero, but there's no reason to think otherwise given his track record. How many players have been seriously injured in the fucking Pro Bowl? I obviously hope you're wrong too, but all we have is hope.

Except that injury from the Pro Bowl was hardly his last. It's his oft-surgically repaired back that's more concerning due to the nature of the position and taking those huge hits from DB's and LB's in the open field.

19 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Also ,in reference to your mock Jason, do you really see Griffin as a lb? Seems mostly projected as a SS in the pros.

Honestly I see him more as a special teams player.  At least his first year or 2.

21 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Also ,in reference to your mock Jason, do you really see Griffin as a lb? Seems mostly projected as a SS in the pros.

Watching this kid play, I believe he could play LB in the NFL. He's got great instincts, always around the ball, sure tackler, and is a playmaker.

I don't think anything is out of reach for him, he's a baller.

42 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

With the new safety rules, a big hitting safety is a liability.

If the new targeting(ish) rule is anything like the college rule, I don't know how much "football" I can watch.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Honestly I see him more as a special teams player.  At least his first year or 2.

Probably this, yes.

2 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Watching this kid play, I believe he could play LB in the NFL. He's got great instincts, always around the ball, sure tackler, and is a playmaker.

I don't think anything is out of reach for him, he's a baller.

I agree, just seems quite undersized, at least right now.

Archived