15. Cardinals - CB Jackson

16. Ravens -WR Sutton

17. Chargers - DT Vea

18. Seahawks - DE Davenport

19. Cowboys - LB Vander Esch

20. Lions - RB Guice

21. Bengals - ?????

I'd personally rank the top 5 remaining BPA

1. DE/DT Bryan - I like Bryan a lot. He was misused at DT in Florida. He is long and a great athlete. Strong as an ox and relentless. He is still raw as a prospect.

2. OT Miller - He's built like a tree and is super athletic. Not sure he has the power to play the right side.

3. LB Evans - Not much experience. He sat on the bench most of his career but finally got a chance to start this year. Good athlete. Great pass rusher. Solid all around.

4. OL Wynn - Started at LT in the SEC and dominated. Doesn't have the ideal size for NFL blind side. Could be a guard or center. Great all around prospect despite less than ideal size.

5. LB Landry - Undersized pass rushing LB. Probably too similar to Lawson.

I don't have Daniels or McGlichney as top 5 BPA but I could see us take either there. Possibly after a trade down.

I don't like drafting a corner this high but it's entirely possible if they like Jaire Alexander, Isaiah Oliver or Carlton Davis.

Not a big McG fan. Reminds me too much of Fisher. Saw a few ND games and he got beat up a lot by both power and speed.

He does have good tools to work with. Seems like a good leader and has the frame to gain weight. Not my favorite pick but I wouldn't hate it.

personally, just the way the board is looking, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a DL before they take an OT.

I think the two best OL in this draft are Nelson and Wynn, who knows after that...I just think there will be better value on DL. 

12 hours ago, spicoli said:

I just think there will be better value on DL. 

Maybe you're right, but I don't entirely get waiting to the 2nd round because it's a deep draft at OL.  To me, that means taking the leftovers instead of having the best of the bunch. 

If DL is simply the BPA at 21 or wherever we end up, cool.

10 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Hernandez needs to be 1 or 2 in ur top 5.

Not athletic enough for me to put him that high. He's strictly a guard. A good one yes but he's probably not going until late first at the earliest.

6 minutes ago, pucksinwah said:

I was thinking the same thing....

Hernandez is my #1 choice at 21 now.....

take the best OC on the board at rd #2

rd 3 pick a LB & a FS

I mean, Lazor was certainly lacking at times, but he only had a part of a season to show anything. 

How many of the people on this board have in-depth analysis on OL draft candidates? Like Will Hernandez, who on here has watched any UTEP games? People on this board want certain candidates and have probably never watched them play. The draft "experts" are wrong often. And they don't factor in how they would fit in our scheme. All we can do is hope we make the right choice. Hope the staff does their homework and can get the picks they want.

2 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Lots of people rate Miller over McG. McG has a lot of bad tape. I think Miller has higher upside at LT.

Miller might wind up the best OT in this draft in 2 or 3 years.  But he has a ways to go, and he plays too high.  I watched some of his video and he's very inconsistent.  McGlinchey is probably the most pro-ready tackle in this draft, and also the best run blocker of the tackles.  If we still had Whit and could take the time to develop Miller I'd be in favor. but we need a guy who can step in now, and that IMO is McG.

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

How many of the people on this board have in-depth analysis on OL draft candidates? Like Will Hernandez, who on here has watched any UTEP games? People on this board want certain candidates and have probably never watched them play. The draft "experts" are wrong often. And they don't factor in how they would fit in our scheme. All we can do is hope we make the right choice. Hope the staff does their homework and can get the picks they want.

Me I do.i watch tape of all prospects. I've posted my Orlando brown Jr takes(before the combine btw) and lber Dorian O'Daniel. Will Hernandez is going to be a hall of famer when all is said and done.

6 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Not athletic enough for me to put him that high. He's strictly a guard. A good one yes but he's probably not going until late first at the earliest.

He'll go 20-30. Why I'm so happy we trade back. He's just a LG but a hall of fame level left guard.

22 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

1. Browns - QB Darnold

2. Giants - QB Rosen

3. Jets - QB Allen

4. Browns from HOU - DE Chubb

5. Broncos - RB Barkley

6. Bills from IND (projected)- QB Mayfield

7. Bucs - S Fitzpatrick

8. Bears - G Nelson

9. 49ers - CB Ward

10. Raiders - S Lewis

11. Dolphins - DT Payne

12. Colts from BUF (projected) - OLB Edmunds

13. Redskins - MLB Smith

14. Packers - WR Ridley

15. Cardinals - CB Jackson

16. Ravens -WR Sutton

17. Chargers - DT Vea

18. Seahawks - DE Davenport

19. Cowboys - LB Vander Esch

20. Lions - RB Guice

21. Bengals - ?????

I'd personally rank the top 5 remaining BPA

1. DE/DT Bryan - I like Bryan a lot. He was misused at DT in Florida. He is long and a great athlete. Strong as an ox and relentless. He is still raw as a prospect.

2. OT Miller - He's built like a tree and is super athletic. Not sure he has the power to play the right side.

3. LB Evans - Not much experience. He sat on the bench most of his career but finally got a chance to start this year. Good athlete. Great pass rusher. Solid all around.

4. OL Wynn - Started at LT in the SEC and dominated. Doesn't have the ideal size for NFL blind side. Could be a guard or center. Great all around prospect despite less than ideal size.

5. LB Landry - Undersized pass rushing LB. Probably too similar to Lawson.

I don't have Daniels or McGlichney as top 5 BPA but I could see us take either there. Possibly after a trade down.

I don't like drafting a corner this high but it's entirely possible if they like Jaire Alexander, Isaiah Oliver or Carlton Davis.

Who is this ? 10. Raiders - S Lewis

1 hour ago, akiliMVP said:

I meant Derwin James. Not sure why I put Lewis. Derp.

Dangit! I thought maybe that's who you meant. 

But I was hoping it was someone else that was skyrocketing up the draft I wasn't aware of.

I have my heart set on getting James. I really don't think that's going to happen though.

40 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

But I was hoping it was someone else that was skyrocketing up the draft I wasn't aware of.

I have my heart set on getting James. I really don't think that's going to happen though.

That ship sailed when we traded down from 12 to 21.  Even before then it was unlikely IMO.  But, yeah, I'd love to get him.

52 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

He was my #1 guy when we picked 12

On 3/31/2018 at 8:27 PM, Jason said:

I'd have a hard time passing on McGlinchy,  especially with all 3 centers still available.

McG at RT and Price or Ragnow at C and our O-line is suddenly a LOT better.

I have a hard time passing on McGlinchy no matter who is there. He feels like he's going to be a 10-15 year OT and that is a hard thing to ignore at 21.

Archived