Arden Key visits the Bengals

Personally I think he looks a little light to be a DE in the AFC North... but looks like he is agile enough to play LB... 

He definitely has that game changing player look about him....  I would rather go OL in the first...

Could this guy be a surprise first round pick?

Imo, I would hope not. Sounds like a great player and all but I'm not sure he has his head on too straight. I think they need to nail the first pick this year with a minimum average dependable player that can contribute early and often. Sounds like one of those high risk/high reward type of guy. Again jmo in what little bit I've read about him.

Yeah, I hope we pass.  We need to go with the safest player in the first this year.  More than anything you have to have good players on rookie contracts (or good vets who will take less to win) in order to compete in the salary cap era.  This is why I think it's so important to get a couple of good O-linemen in this year's draft.  I don't know how the Rams are going to manage all of those salaries, but most teams need a few bargains so you can put money into other positions.  I honestly think WR and RB are position groups that you can skimp on and still be a Superbowl contender.  You have to have good lines and a good QB, or at least a QB that gets hot at the right time.  That has nothing to do with Arden Key, I'm just rambling this morning...

10 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I honestly think WR and RB are position groups that you can skimp on and still be a Superbowl contender.  Y

Maybe if you're the Patriots, but again...they have the GOAT, a HOF coach and an always good to great offensive line.

The good news is we HAVEN'T skimped on those positions. Mixon, Gio, Green, Eifert, Ross, etc can fix a lot of ills on offense...IF we fix the oline issues. This must be addressed, and since our Dline is pretty solid as is, that's where I would start.

11 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Yeah, I hope we pass.  We need to go with the safest player in the first this year.  More than anything you have to have good players on rookie contracts (or good vets who will take less to win) in order to compete in the salary cap era.  This is why I think it's so important to get a couple of good O-linemen in this year's draft.  I don't know how the Rams are going to manage all of those salaries, but most teams need a few bargains so you can put money into other positions.  I honestly think WR and RB are position groups that you can skimp on and still be a Superbowl contender.  You have to have good lines and a good QB, or at least a QB that gets hot at the right time.  That has nothing to do with Arden Key, I'm just rambling this morning...

As of now, the Rams will have $90 million in cap space going into the 2019 season.  

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams

On 4/3/2018 at 4:06 PM, Tigers Johnson said:

Personally I think he looks a little light to be a DE in the AFC North... but looks like he is agile enough to play LB... 

He definitely has that game changing player look about him....  I would rather go OL in the first...

Could this guy be a surprise first round pick?

No u think he'd be that second round d target if he drops. He's fringe rd1. The problem is his tape this year compared to last year is Soo bad. His numbers don't math his play speed. 485 40? At 238? It wouldn't make sense to take him we already have him in Carl Lawson unless we're switching to a 3-4.

On 4/5/2018 at 4:25 PM, Jpoore said:

No u think he'd be that second round d target if he drops. He's fringe rd1. The problem is his tape this year compared to last year is Soo bad. His numbers don't math his play speed. 485 40? At 238? It wouldn't make sense to take him we already have him in Carl Lawson unless we're switching to a 3-4.

I'd have to agree.

Archived