Player "X" gets hurt and falls to 21...

Hurt and Falls  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Read the question in the post. Below is a list of players. Vote for each guy you would take if he falls to 21.

• Derwin James
    • Roquon Smith
    • Denzel Ward
    • Quinton Nelson
    • Trumaine Edmonds
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Vita Vea
    • Josh Rosen
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Nobody

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Player X gets hurt in a pre-draft work out and will not be able to play in 2018 but his career is not in jeopardy.  He falls to 21.  Who would you take?

Nobody.  Enough with the scratch & dent shopping with first round draft picks.  

18 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Would depend on player, the injury & when he'd likely be available.

Player - see the list in the poll

Available, OTAs 2019

Injury - irrelevant under that condition.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Nobody.  Enough with the scratch & dent shopping with first round draft picks.  

This.

It has cost us *severely* over the past couple seasons. 

Enough. Take someone who is healthy with good career production...even if he's a very slight reach. 

Just now, schotzee said:

I'm quite sure I did.

When I made the post the vote tally for "nobody" was at zero. :smile: So either the poll was slow to count your vote, or you made the vote after I posted.

12 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

it would be tough to pass on Nelson or Chubb...

but probably shouldn't  take another player like that

I'll be honest, Chubb would be a hard one to pass on. On nfln this morning they were arguing that pass rusher is 2nd most important position behind qb.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

It doesn't make sense to me why Nelson would get more votes than Chubb in this scenario, but what do I know.:lol:

An offensive lineman is more apt to play at a high level for a longer period than a pass rusher, hence more overall value, IMO. 

12 minutes ago, bengaled said:

An offensive lineman is more apt to play at a high level for a longer period than a pass rusher, hence more overall value, IMO. 

I can understand that pov. Guess I was just looking at it from bigger playmaker/game changer aspect.

17 hours ago, schotzee said:

Slow to count. Scouts honour.

Its that damn Russian polling software that has become so popular the past number of years.  It has to either approve or disapprove of your vote and then decide if it wants to change it or simply delete it.  Or, in some instances, the counter stutters and counts it several times or it even uses votes from dead people who voted in the past.  Like I said, very popular.

But that's not why I called.

I would not use a first round draft choice on any damaged goods with po-ten-tial.

We did that last year and look how that worked out.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Its that damn Russian polling software that has become so popular the past number of years.  It has to either approve or disapprove of your vote and then decide if it wants to change it or simply delete it.  Or, in some instances, the counter stutters and counts it several times or it even uses votes from dead people who voted in the past.  Like I said, very popular.

But that's not why I called.

I would not use a first round draft choice on any damaged goods with po-ten-tial.

We did that last year and look how that worked out.

We also drafted Chris Perry and Ki-Jana Carter who had no college injury history of note and they didn't do squat for the Bengals.  Munoz had a bad injury history at USC and he's our best player ever.

If Chubb or Nelson have careers ANYWHERE near as good as they are expected to be, I would be willing to forfeit 1 year from my first round pick for the rest of his career.

See to me anyway, that sort of sends a message they are writing off the year. I wouldn't be too thrilled about that bc AJ and Geno the studs on each side of the ball are a potentially another wasted year older if that makes sense. We're back to high draft picks needing to play immediately imo. 

If they can still get Ragnow at 46 and, say, Jamarco Jones at 77 that still makes a better O-line and a successful draft IMO.

I understand the thought, and I wouldn't do it for anything less than an elite talent, but for a guy like Nelson or Chubb, I'd have to give them serious consideration.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

If they can still get Ragnow at 46 and, say, Jamarco Jones at 77 that still makes a better O-line and a successful draft IMO.

I understand the thought, and I wouldn't do it for anything less than an elite talent, but for a guy like Nelson or Chubb, I'd have to give them serious consideration.

Speaking from that perspective ,if it were to work out that way I can see it as a valid argument. But yes, would definitely need to be an elite guy imo as well.

Archived