Player "X" gets hurt and falls to 21...

Hurt and Falls  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Read the question in the post. Below is a list of players. Vote for each guy you would take if he falls to 21.

• Derwin James
    • Roquon Smith
    • Denzel Ward
    • Quinton Nelson
    • Trumaine Edmonds
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Vita Vea
    • Josh Rosen
    • Bradley Chubb
    • Nobody

I know you are high on Josh Rosen as well Jason, so is Bucky Brooks. After reading his pimping of him and reasons why,  I probably could definitely add him to the list. Impressive traits in him. If Brook's assessments are accurate, sounds like he's gonna be a real franchise qb. Here is the article on him in case some haven't seen it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925405/article/josh-rosen-the-best-qb-in-2018-draft-dont-count-out-cowboys

29 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I know you are high on Josh Rosen as well Jason, so is Bucky Brooks. After reading his pimping of him and reasons why,  I probably could definitely add him to the list. Impressive traits in him. If Brook's assessments are accurate, sounds like he's gonna be a real franchise qb. Here is the article on him in case some haven't seen it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925405/article/josh-rosen-the-best-qb-in-2018-draft-dont-count-out-cowboys

You'd be ok with drafting a seriously injured* QB in the first round?

*Missing an entire season-plus means a serious injury, OP said "not able to play in 2018".  He also said not career-threatening, but any injury that puts them out for a year is going to affect someone's play.  They may return but I would think we've seen enough examples by now of how hard that can be, if it even happens.  Jebus wept, our big moves of the offseason were handing one of them 3 million & trading for another one.  Can we at least draft a healthy impact player if we can't sign one otherwise?  Why are we trying to sew together Frankenstein's monster to make an offense?  Nobody's "potential" is in the Hall of Fame.

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You'd be ok with drafting a seriously injured* QB in the first round?

*Missing an entire season-plus means a serious injury, OP said "not able to play in 2018".  He also said not career-threatening, but any injury that puts them out for a year is going to affect someone's play.  They may return but I would think we've seen enough examples by now of how hard that can be, if it even happens.  Jebus wept, our big moves of the offseason were handing one of them 3 million & trading for another one.  Can we at least draft a healthy impact player if we can't sign one otherwise?  Why are we trying to sew together Frankenstein's monster to make an offense?  Nobody's "potential" is in the Hall of Fame.

Yes, I'm using Jason's exact wording in the stipulations. I'm assuming he could still stay in shape to some extent and if this guy has the mental makeup that Brooks expresses, I think I would be confident a guy like Rosen wouldn't miss a beat. Btw, I'm not saying I'd definitely do it. This guy seems like a true can't miss blue chipper though imo.

22 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Just to add, I think it could be a perfect scenario here bc he would not unseat Dalton in his first year most likely anyway, just because.

To cut Dalton next year when there's no cap hit, in that case.  If we draft a QB before those 3rd round comp picks I'll start to wonder.  

4 hours ago, schotzee said:

Yeah, I think Rosen is the guy I would take at 1 if I'm the Browns.  Just by a hair over Darnold.  I think Allen has the most upside, but I think he also has the biggest bust potential.

Archived