Eric Reid to visit Bengals

Hooky

32 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Oh dear God do I hope this happens if only for the amount of teeth gnashing that will go on from the "America, love it or leave it" types.

That sounds like a lot of hate.

2 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

The old visit the Bengals to get the market interested trick. I am curious to see what the price tag being sought is. He'd certainly lessen the need to look at safety in the early part of the draft

I'd be surprised honestly, the market for Ried has been dead. Which is surprising as he is talented.

I was under the impression that the reason Eric Reid was not getting many looks was because he is nowhere near as good as he was as a rookie 5 years ago.   He has Jermaine Gresham disease, was good early then fell off rather quickly.

Furthermore, the interest a team has is strictly based on what that player's agent is throwing out there as numbers. His agent may be demanding Eric Berry or Harrison Smith money while most teams are thinking more like George Iloka money.   Teams have better things to do than waste time talking to a player if the demands are way out in left field.   95% of the public don't even know Eric Reid took a knee with Kaepernick.

Kaepernick didn't get picked up because he felt he was worth starter money to be a starter while the teams that seriously talked to him wanted him as a backup at that pay rate (Seattle and Baltimore).

5 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Everyone should read this.

Again, his lack of interest is not due to him taking a knee.  I could ask 100 people who watch pro football today to name 2 players that protested the National Anthem and 100% of them would name Colin Kaepernick and Reid would be the second name of maybe 5 percent at most.   Dude is not that well known playing for a SF team that has only won 13 games in the last 3 years.   His agent is asking too much for a slightly above average player. 

59 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Again, his lack of interest is not due to him taking a knee.  I could ask 100 people who watch pro football today to name 2 players that protested the National Anthem and 100% of them would name Colin Kaepernick and Reid would be the second name of maybe 5 percent at most.   Dude is not that well known playing for a SF team that has only won 13 games in the last 3 years.   His agent is asking too much for a slightly above average player. 

Why are you assuming you know what his agent is asking? He was rated higher than both our safeties last season even while they were putting him into a bit of a hybrid role. The safety market is dead. Get him on a multi-year deal

17 minutes ago, B.A.B. said:

Why are you assuming you know what his agent is asking? He was rated higher than both our safeties last season even while they were putting him into a bit of a hybrid role. The safety market is dead. Get him on a multi-year deal

Yeah. From everything I am reading, the reason Reid's not been in higher demand is due to the free agent safety market being being populated by crickets. I am sure the kneeling thing has some owners worried, but we can redeem that patriotism right outta him if we have to.

Plus, he's better than anything we have and even if he's getting "Jermaine Gresham disease", playing with Atkins, Dunlap and Burfict will probably cure that ailment right quick. Or, he'll just get benched or cut. I guess it all depends ultimately on the contract, but man, we are courting a former 1st round safety in his prime? Reminds me of someone else that was a former 1st round pick, was considered a malcontent by his first team and put up great numbers while he was with us....hmmm, what's that guy's name again? 

Oh yeah...

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Again, your politics drive your actual POV. So my main question to you is this..why do you feel the need to "cloak" them behind what is really driving your agenda here? If you really support your feelings 100%, no matter how fucked up they are, just stand up and be accountable for the way you feel. It doesn't make any sense shrouding your POV talking about a player's inability to play the game, when that's not what really has your ass bleeding.

With that said, I would love to get a potentially Pro Bowl type talent signed on the cheap, when it's clearly a need for this team. He's being ignored by NFL owners because he stood side by side with CK and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignoring the collusion that's going on among these owners, as well as the real concerns behind why so many young black men are unfortunately losing their lives in this country. Oh, and even though this is not the time or place for it...Fuck Donald Trump, the asshole who started all this mess! 

34 minutes ago, Rick said:

If the Bengals sign him and he takes a knee, I WILL BOYCOTT THE BENGALS FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON OR UNTIL THE BENGALS RELEASE HIM FROM THE TEAM!

Why?  Do you disagree with the reason he’s kneeling?  I’m genuinely curious. Or are you joking?

16 hours ago, bengaled said:

Again, your politics drive your actual POV. So my main question to you is this..why do you feel the need to "cloak" them behind what is really driving your agenda here? If you really support your feelings 100%, no matter how fucked up they are, just stand up and be accountable for the way you feel. It doesn't make any sense shrouding your POV talking about a player's inability to play the game, when that's not what really has your ass bleeding.

With that said, I would love to get a potentially Pro Bowl type talent signed on the cheap, when it's clearly a need for this team. He's being ignored by NFL owners because he stood side by side with CK and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignoring the collusion that's going on among these owners, as well as the real concerns behind why so many young black men are unfortunately losing their lives in this country. Oh, and even though this is not the time or place for it...Fuck Donald Trump, the asshole who started all this mess! 

This is utter bullshit.  Plenty of guys who have protested have been signed in FA. Its old news. Hell , Michael Bennett not only protested, he made up lies about the Vegas police being racists and got signed to a huge deal by the Seahawks.  

Reid's agent is asking for too much money in a soft FA safety market.  The same issue existed for running backs a few years back.

GMs  know the price before they have a player visit, it is why only 4 teams looked at Kirk Cousins when 12 could have used a better QB.   No GM is going to waste their time 2 weeks before the draft bringing in a player they know they can't afford to sign. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Yet Reid is complaining in the initial article of this thread that nobody will sign him. There was a similar report on Kaepernick last year that he was offered a deal by a team. If true, both reports debunk the victim card and may say something about his character and if we should sign him. Personally, I would be really excited if they sign him, politics aside.

Archived