McGlinchey

The Bengals took NFL draft prospect Mike McGlinchey to dinner tonight in downtown Cincinnati. The former Notre Dame tackle could be in play for the Bengals at No. 21 even after the trade for LT Cordy Glenn. The right side of the offensive line is still not set and with the premium the team places on tackles, it's not out of the question they look at that position in the first round.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fterrell_katherine.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Katherine Terrell, ESPN Staff Writer14h ago

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well, I think you gotta take him if he is there right??  Unless someone way better at a different position is available which would be hard to believe.  

I agree, that is too hard to believe. McGlinchey in the first, then come back with a center at #46, whoever's available. I'm nearly certain one of the top three centers will be, too. They all grade out high enough to be first year starters. If we can pull that off, we'll have gone a long way toward fixing the OL concerns in one year.

I think he'll be a decent pro. Not great but not terrible. He's just kind of boring to me. Has some good tape, has some terrible tape. Seems like a good locker room guy at least. No serious injury history. Can play a few positions. Overall a meh pick for me.

15 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

I think he'll be a decent pro. Not great but not terrible. He's just kind of boring to me. Has some good tape, has some terrible tape. Seems like a good locker room guy at least. No serious injury history. Can play a few positions. Overall a meh pick for me.

That's is why I hope he isn't there.   I am leaning your way on him.  Seems like we are taking our sister's mehh friend to the Prom.    I mean Obuehi and Fisher looked just about as good as he does.   

2 hours ago, Jason said:

He's the best run blocking tackle in this draft.  Honestly right now my "ideal" draft is McG and Ragnow.

Thats what I’ve been thinking too, but now I’m wondering if we go Landry, Ragnow and O. Brown if he falls.  

4 hours ago, bengaled said:

That was a good read, but I'm more convinced both will be long gone at 21.  And that we'd draft a 5'4" WR with a good 40 time instead if they were, but that's another story.

11 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I don't think the Bengals pass on McGlinchey based on what I'm hearing.  I want a center but I don't think they pass on him. 

If he's there, I agree, he's the pick.  

On 4/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, bengaled said:

If he falls down in that area, he might be a good consideration as a guard.

Yes, he'll be far more disciplined and less stupid if we just change his position.

Sorry, but the guy can play... his tape shows that. He's just a lazy sack-o-shit when he's NOT on the field and that doesn't change no matter the position. Andre Smith didn't suddenly stop being fat because we played him at RG.

8 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yes, he'll be far more disciplined and less stupid if we just change his position.

Sorry, but the guy can play... his tape shows that. He's just a lazy sack-o-shit when he's NOT on the field and that doesn't change no matter the position. Andre Smith didn't suddenly stop being fat because we played him at RG.

Certainly would not take him at 21 but would at 46.  He will do fine during his rookie contract most likely.  Probably work hard his first few years to get the big contract then he pulls a Kawhi Leonard. Being lazy starts to show up in the later 20s.

Archived