Iowa Center James Daniels visiting Bengals

18 hours ago, spicoli said:

I would be absolutely ecstatic if they could get him at 46.....not so much at 21 however. 

trade back..

I would have no issue with him at 21.  But if McGlinchey is still there, I think I'd take him and get Ragnow in 2.  Daniels and Wynn is a toss up for me.

20 minutes ago, snarkster said:

I'm fine with any of he, McGlinchey, Wynn or Hernandez at 21.  Of course, if Wynn's still there, he's got the "UGa Factor" going for him.  :D

I think that's something that we've made the mistake of overlooking in the draft at times - weak conference workout-warriors who can't cut it at the NFL level.   Pac-12 is a 2nd tier football conference. There, I said it.

35 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think that's something that we've made the mistake of overlooking in the draft at times - weak conference workout-warriors who can't cut it at the NFL level.   Pac-12 is a 2nd tier football conference. There, I said it.

That, and the fact Marvin, Tobin & Co. seem to love'em them Dawgs.

On 4/14/2018 at 10:04 PM, PatternMaster said:

He's the most athletic olineman in the draft, he would be a day 1 starter and a huge upgrade over Bodine.

He seems to have it all from the physical tangibles standpoint. I'd be curious to find out any info about his football IQ. 

On 4/15/2018 at 6:30 PM, snarkster said:

I'm fine with any of he, McGlinchey, Wynn or Hernandez at 21.  Of course, if Wynn's still there, he's got the "UGa Factor" going for him.  :D

I am with you.  I think Daniels will be the only man standing at 21.  Don't forget, he is only 20 years old.  He is going to be a beast in the NFL. 

The only way I want Hernandez at 21 is if McG, Daniels, Ragnow, Price, and Wynn are all gone. Not that I don’t think he’ll be a good player, but the only true guard I want in 1 this year is Nelson who will be long gone. 

I'm convinced we can draft a nearly as good, if not better, player at #46. We need to use our first round pick differently. A lot of the hype on Daniels is about what type of player he'll project to be down the road vs. the player he is now. I have more comfort in Ragnow and Price as being plug and play types.  I'm not sure Daniels has enough sand in his pants to be an immediate starter, and what we really need is a guy who can man that position from Day 1. I'd have to pass on this one.

15 minutes ago, bengaled said:

I'm convinced we can draft a nearly as good, if not better, player at #46. We need to use our first round pick differently. A lot of the hype on Daniels is about what type of player he'll project to be down the road vs. the player he is now. I have more comfort in Ragnow and Price as being plug and play types.  I'm not sure Daniels has enough sand in his pants to be an immediate starter, and what we really need is a guy who can man that position from Day 1. I'd have to pass on this one.

He is maybe 15 lbs lighter than Price and is not coming off any injuries.  He can start day 1.  He will easily put on 20 lbs in the next 4 months. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

He is maybe 15 lbs lighter than Price and is not coming off any injuries.  He can start day 1.  He will easily put on 20 lbs in the next 4 months. 

20 lbs of good weight? Come on, get real! Who has ever done that and found it works, well legally?

1 hour ago, bengaled said:

20 lbs of good weight? Come on, get real! Who has ever done that and found it works, well legally?

He is 20, plenty of space for "good" weight.  Take the player that gives you the best 5 years (rookie contract) not best first year. 

50 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He is 20, plenty of space for "good" weight.  Take the player that gives you the best 5 years (rookie contract) not best first year. 

QFT.  Applied to the draft & in general.  They need to resist the temptation for the quick fix & not make desperate moves that could dig an even deeper hole. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

QFT.  Applied to the draft & in general.  They need to resist the temptation for the quick fix & not make desperate moves that could dig an even deeper hole. 

Don't get me wrong, I think Ragnow or Price would be huge upgrades at Center but I think one of them could be had with second pick.  Daniels isn't even finished growing yet.

45 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Ragnow or Price would be huge upgrades at Center but I think one of them could be had with second pick. 

...which is exactly my reasoning why we should wait until the 2nd round, thereby gaining a much better overall player in the first and coming out of the first two rounds in a much better position. It's clear we have different mindsets on this. That's cool.

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Ragnow or Price would be huge upgrades at Center but I think one of them could be had with second pick.  Daniels isn't even finished growing yet.

Price maybe.  I really think Ragnow goes in 1.

Archived