Iowa Center James Daniels visiting Bengals

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

FWIW some draftnick on Twitter says Daniels is telling people the Bengals are taking him. 

Self propoganda to drive his stock up possibly? I guess I can believe they may have told him though. They could always easily deny it.

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

FWIW some draftnick on Twitter says Daniels is telling people the Bengals are taking him. 

Makes a ton of sense. Fits the need, scheme and is rated appropriately. 

Still hard to say 100% until we see how the draft shakes out. 

2 hours ago, schotzee said:

Self propoganda to drive his stock up possibly? I guess I can believe they may have told him though. They could always easily deny it.

I dunno.  Telling people the Bengals are taking you might make a good GM think, "Hmm, the Bengals are taking him.  What is wrong with him?"  1/2:ninja:

If he's available then I would not be surprised if they did. 

In today's NFL teams must draft offensive linemen high because the good ones rarely make it to FA and their asking price is going through the roof... just like with a starting QB.

The Bengals aren't going to get into a bidding war for any quality free agent olinemen, so the only way to add them to the roster is to draft them early and often... which I hope they do in this draft because they definitely need some on the roster.

Teams that invest first and second round picks in their olinemen normally have dominant units, see the Cowboys... teams that try to piecemeal with mid to late round picks, free agents, and trades have poor performing units...see the Seahawks. 

Hopefully our new olinemen coach can influence this draft enough so the Bengals use their top picks on improving the weakest unit on the team, the oline.

20 hours ago, Jason said:

That would be a silly thing to say when there are 20 other teams that get a vote, so to speak.  Really all 31 other teams, considering the others still have the option of trading ahead of us. 

TBF dude might have made some comment like you would after a confident job interview, "nailed it!" kind of thing or whatever.. And being the ESPNFL hype machine it's turned into a statement of fact.

Archived