Lamar Jackson visiting with Bengals

Drafting Lamar Jackson would be awesome! Imagine the press we would get and the Dalton death watch that would ensue?   They might even mention us on ESPN or the pre game shows other than to talk about what an evil human being Burfict is.

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Does Bengals1181 still come here? I haven't seen him post since my return.

He’s exclusively (I believe) on a different board now. Not sure if he was “banned” here, but there was some flack over him drawing people to that other board. 

What I said on Twitter about Jackson:

IMO, Jackson at 21 means either they think they are a playoff team now, and can afford to spend 21 on the QB of the future. Or they don’t think they are a playoff team and are building. I don’t think either is the case. I think they are close but need to continue fixing O-line.

I do think if he makes it to 46 you almost have to take him but I don’t think he will. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Drafting Lamar Jackson would be awesome! Imagine the press we would get and the Dalton death watch that would ensue?   They might even mention us on ESPN or the pre game shows other than to talk about what an evil human being Burfict is.

Or they'd find a reason to hate him as much as they hate Burfict.

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

What I said on Twitter about Jackson:

IMO, Jackson at 21 means either they think they are a playoff team now, and can afford to spend 21 on the QB of the future. Or they don’t think they are a playoff team and are building. I don’t think either is the case. I think they are close but need to continue fixing O-line.

I do think if he makes it to 46 you almost have to take him but I don’t think he will. 

As a Wr? Why, you think Ross's career is done?:afropic:

8 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Well....sort of maybe :lol:

I guess they did give him a uniform and pay him whatever a 1st round draft pick gets;  that's a career of sorts?  Housh compared him to Bennie Brazell, a 7th round pick that pretty much did nothing in the NFL but could also run amazingly fast...  so he's got that going for him.

Nah man, he comes in and has a Rookie year like RGIII.   We have way better weapons and defense than that Redskin's team had and the same shitty oline.  Lamar would take us straight to the AFC Championship game.  Write it down bitches.  He only needs to last a year or two.  Just get me to an AFC Championship, that is good enough for me. 

IMO 50% scouting 50% driving trade interest to either get a team to jump in front of them or to trade up with them.   If he was a serious option I don't think they trade down.   If they stay where they are, this pick is either a center or maybe a linebacker/corner that falls.  Depending on how they see Price, they may be willing to take best available at 21 and hope he makes it to 46.

I was listening to 1530AM at work today. They had former UC QB Tony Pike on talking about the Bengals and the draft.

They said the Bengals made sure to parade Jackson through the locker room in front of the media and players.

Said it was probably just to create a smoke screen to have other teams try and trade  up in front of or with them.

But they did make a few good points about drafting a QB early. Dalton has 3 years left on his deal and is his value by

then will probably be $30 million per year and will be 32 years old. They also said that Dalton has never really had any QB on that team that

drove him and made him fear for his job. And he has regressed the past few years instead of getting better.

And if they draft a QB early they can groom him behind Dalton, push Dalton and when Dalton's contract is up

either he has improved and is worthy of a contract, or you have his replacement  already on the roster with 2 years still left on his rookie contract. 

Makes sense and sounds like something the Bengals would do. Whether it be Jackson, who I like more than others here,

or some other QB in the 2nd round or so.

Archived