Lamar Jackson visiting with Bengals

2 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Come on man. The guy does his own evaluating. You mean to tell me if names weren't put out there like him and the likes you would be able to do comparably as good??

He does and he also can check the other 50 people who do it and see if he missed anything.  If he pulled this off 30 years ago pre internet, pre TV contracts and pre YouTube for every conference I would be impressed.   He has a lot of connections and is entertaining so I am good with it.

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He does and he also can check the other 50 people who do it and see if he missed anything.  If he pulled this off 30 years ago pre internet, pre TV contracts and pre YouTube for every conference I would be impressed.   He has a lot of connections and is entertaining so I am good with it.

Yea, I'm not crazy about the guy, but I think he had a LOT to do with making the draft exciting to begin with.

36 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yea, I'm not crazy about the guy, but I think he had a LOT to do with making the draft exciting to begin with.

Thursday night NFL draft coverage beats NBA and NHL playoff games combined.  Crazy.

13 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yea, I would have definitely been :rant::1018:

My oldest son is rooting for the Celtics, so we've been watching them and the Pacers (and I'm rooting for the Pelicans in the West because I love UK and Anthony Davis) and it's weird with the Celtics: on the one hand, they're a lesser team obviously without Kyree, but on the other, this is giving the young guys an opportunity to sort things out and they are mostly playing pretty well. 

5 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

My oldest son is rooting for the Celtics, so we've been watching them and the Pacers (and I'm rooting for the Pelicans in the West because I love UK and Anthony Davis) and it's weird with the Celtics: on the one hand, they're a lesser team obviously without Kyree, but on the other, this is giving the young guys an opportunity to sort things out and they are mostly playing pretty well. 

Yeah, I think Brad Stevens is one helluva coach especially to be doing what he's doing with so many injuries they've had. I could live with the Pelicans out west!

30 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yeah, I think Brad Stevens is one helluva coach especially to be doing what he's doing with so many injuries they've had. I could live with the Pelicans out west!

At least you can console yourself with the Celtics being a force next season once Kyree and everyone else is back from injury. And as I have been watching these NBA playoffs, one thing is still pretty clear to me: the East is going to struggle to win a championship series against the winner from the West (again). GS back with Curry soon, Houston, possibly the Pelicans...yikes. The Cavs look really vulnerable as a team right now and without LeBron's heroics (especially that finish in the last game...WOW. I hate the guy, but you gotta give it up, he's our generation's Jordan). they would have lost the series to the Pacers already.

8 hours ago, High School Harry said:

What's all the love for this putz?

Seriously.

Akili "Knucklehead" Smith 2.0

Burfict is more excited about this pick by the Starlings than he is any other in the

draft because he can't wait to break him in half while he boogaloos behind the line.

Sadly Burfuct would just get suspended again. You can't hit hard in the NFL anymore.  It's been pussified because these bums just want to play football forever and never have to get a real job. 

20 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Sadly Burfuct would just get suspended again. You can't hit hard in the NFL anymore.  It's been pussified because these bums just want to play football forever and never have to get a real job. 

And yet these new rules don't seem to be elongating careers. Look at Ryan Shazier (snicker)!

Archived