UPDATE: Dave Lapham predicts Bengals draft Frank Ragnow

If they like Ragnow that much, I'll trust in Pollock.  If there are several guys they grade about equally at 21, can trade down a few spots and get an extra 3rd, even better - if Jackson is sitting there when they pick I could see this happening.  If McGlinchey is still there at 21, he'd be my pick (then pray for Price at 46).  Just fix the OL.  Take care of it and I think the improvement in offensive production can be outrageous.

Bengals need to just write Ragnow on the card right now and then hope ... 

He's the best C in the draft and maybe in the last few years imo. Don't fool around with him at guard, draft him at center, plug him on day 1 and let him thrive there for the next 12 years.  

42 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Bengals fool all the experts. Nelson takes a slight drop and they trade this year's and next year's #1 picks to move up and get the best player in the draft.

With all due respect Ed , I think that's a bit crazy and even more so than Ditka's infamous blockbuster trade. I know you're joking, but I hope that trade would not make you happy.

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

With all due respect Ed , I think that's a bit crazy and even more so than Ditka's infamous blockbuster trade. I know you're joking, but I hope that trade would not make you happy.

If it came to fruition, it would have made me ecstatic! He's that good and absolutely worth it, and more!

On 4/24/2018 at 10:06 PM, happyrid said:

Lapham seemed a little down on Daniels compared to Ragnow/Price, who he said were close. At one point mentioned liking Daniels at 46 if they can get McGlinchey but didn't really bring him up at 21. 

Lapham called it a split decision between Ragnow and Price.  It was obvious they liked them both and were comfortable with either guy.  I can understand the disappointment when Ragnow went right in front of us.  I also trust what Lapham said and at the end of the day there's not much difference between the two.  

Archived