Arkansas Center Frank Ragnow visiting Bengals today

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

How many teams have an immediate need at center that they would be apt to take one in the first round?  Has anyone actually looked into this?

Some teams might even draft OL when they don't have an immediate need, kind of like how we do at other positions.  

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

There's about 80 guys who could be a first round pick. Only 32 of them actually will be and there won't be 3 centers in round 1. We'll have at least 1 good one available at 46.

The thing is there are 13 second round picks before ours. 

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

The thing is there are 13 second round picks before ours. 

Yeah I don't understand the argument for waiting.  "Oh, there are so many good ones!  I could take the best of the bunch, but I think I'll wait and see what's left over instead!"

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I don't understand the argument for waiting.  "Oh, there are so many good ones!  I could take the best of the bunch, but I think I'll wait and see what's left over instead!"

I can only if there is an elite talent at another position , except for maybe kicker and punter . 

5 hours ago, schotzee said:

How many teams have an immediate need at center that they would be apt to take one in the first round?  Has anyone actually looked into this?

The Vikings for one and that one is almost 100%, I've heard.  The Bills could as well and if not at #22 they'd probably target one with their early 2nd round pick.

Guess I'll put this here, since it concerns grading interior offensive linemen. It's a decent breakdown and show's why a certain player might be a better scheme fit for a team versus another and be graded higher depending on the blocking scheme used. Good read!

https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-2018-nfl-draft-final-positional-rankings-interior-offensive-line/

49 minutes ago, bengaled said:

The Vikings for one and that one is almost 100%, I've heard.  The Bills could as well and if not at #22 they'd probably target one with their early 2nd round pick.

I’ve heard the ratbirds too. I too have heard the Vikings but didn’t they draft Elflein last year?

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

It's weird to me too.... I get the BPA argument, but at the same time, everyone is all "Oh, outside of the first 5 picks there's just no standouts."

How many game changing talents are going to be there at #21? And while guys may seem similar on tape, do you really want the Center that everyone thought had the worst attitude? The most health concerns?

The BPA argument is one of "Fill your needs in FA, draft best player".

FA is over. The time for filling the position with a starter has passed. IMHO, why risk waiting for a guy you need? A guy like Ragnow is also going to be one hell of a Guard... Was Steinbach a worse choice than John Ross?

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Was Steinbach a worse choice than John Ross?

How in the fuck did anyone look at that dude and see top 10 draft pick? Like, even before his shitshow of a rookie season. I would love to know where other teams had him on their board. Or whose decision it was here.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

How in the fuck did anyone look at that dude and see top 10 draft pick? Like, even before his shitshow of a rookie season. I would love to know where other teams had him on their board. Or whose decision it was here.

As you see , we have a new Wr coach.  Maybe it was our last wr coaches suggestion. :39:

Archived