My draft fear.

40 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Relax, that's not going to happen. Ideally it will be Mcglinchey. If he's not available, then Price.

There’s no way, shape or form that Price is qualified to be picked at 21. 

He doesnt fit what youre you’re looking for in a center:

Hes not long

Hes not great at blocking on the move to the second level. 

Slow moving feet.

i just don’t see him as comparable to the other two centers. I didn’t like him even when he was universally thought to be the best center in the draft, 

30 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

There’s no way, shape or form that Price is qualified to be picked at 21. 

He doesnt fit what youre you’re looking for in a center:

Hes not long

Hes not great at blocking on the move to the second level. 

Slow moving feet.

i just don’t see him as comparable to the other two centers. I didn’t like him even when he was universally thought to be the best center in the draft, 

You're certain about that, right?

30 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

I'd take Price or Ragnow after a trade down to the late 20s. I'd be more comfortable with Daniels in that range also

If we are actually going center then this makes a lot of sense. Therefore, it will not happen because you can find a center in the 5th round who is cheaper. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

If we are actually going center then this makes a lot of sense. Therefore, it will not happen because you can find a center in the 5th round who is cheaper. 

I don't know what we will do but there is some smoke there with regards to the centers.  I know they've met with the top 3 and more importantly Lapham has talked about taking one early.  He even mentioned that waiting to the 2nd round would be a roll of the dice since he expects a run on interior linemen in the late first to early second round.

My draft fear is the QB from Louisville will be on the board when we pick and WE PASS ON HIM! If we select Bill Price, center, instead of him, I will scream at the TV and shout, “Same Old Bengals” in my basement! 

On 4/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

I don't know what we will do but there is some smoke there with regards to the centers.  I know they've met with the top 3 and more importantly Lapham has talked about taking one early.  He even mentioned that waiting to the 2nd round would be a roll of the dice since he expects a run on interior linemen in the late first to early second round.

I'm not sure how you can roll that dice. If you do not have a center on Week 1, it will not matter how good Glenn, Boling, Westerman/Redmond, McGlinchy, etc, are. You cannot run the ball without a center. The really bad ones don't allow you to pass the ball either (Ghiacuc, Bodine).

I'm more comfortable taking the center you like the best and rolling the dice at RT with Fisher, Hopkins, and whoever you pick round 3, 4.

On 4/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

Tend to agree, but I could see dropping a few spots or even out of the first round & still getting their guy.  I'm also willing to accept that "their guy" might not be one of the 3 we're all talking about.  Maybe this new coach has his eye on someone else for whatever reason.  Maybe a future All-Pro center is already on the roster & Alexandork didn't have the sense to play him, that's not hard to imagine.  Other than some late FA signing, whoever it is will go through their growing pains.  We're going to need some patience with the revamped offense in general.  The midseason bye should help us if we can make it there no worse than 4-4. 

14 hours ago, Rick said:

My draft fear is the QB from Louisville will be on the board when we pick and WE PASS ON HIM! If we select Bill Price, center, instead of him, I will scream at the TV and shout, “Same Old Bengals” in my basement! 

My greatest draft fear is that they pick him. Don't think there's a chance that they do, but I will boycott.

My other draft fear is that they pick an OT or C at 21 just to fill a hole. I don't think that their need for an LB is much less desperate.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:56 AM, LostInDaJungle said:

My draft... fear isn't right, maybe prediction... Is that the Bengals are going to walk up there at #21 and take a FS from a small school slated to go in the third round.

"At #21, the Bengals select Oliver Dipthong, FS, from North Malamute State University."

But what if he like, has really, REALLY big hands? What then? Also, I met Brat's son at a game once, and he's a Coastal Carolina alum and attended there when Simpson played there. At the time and even now, I find that hard to be mere coincidence.

"Dad, you've GOT to come check out this receiver we have here...his name's Jerome and he's dumb as a box of rocks but MAN! His hands are bigger than basketballs!"

14 hours ago, Rick said:

It may be more effective if you shout it off your rooftop.:bullhorn::ninja:

15 hours ago, Rick said:

Yeah but just think how much attention the entire league and talking heads would give us if we drafted him.  Add in the Andy Dalton death watch drama and its a rating goldmine!!!

Bengals should draft mcglinchey  if he's there..

If he's gone go will Hernandez..

I think this year's class is loaded with busts..

I don't see that in big Mike as a Rt or heavy duty Hernandez ...

Take your center in second provably Price who may fall due to injury...

Been saying for years it starts in the trenches...mskes everyone's job easier..

3rd round....fast backer that a good tackler..

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Bengals should draft mcglinchey  if he's there..

If he's gone go will Hernandez..

I think this year's class is loaded with busts..

I don't see that in big Mike as a Rt or heavy duty Hernandez ...

Take your center in second provably Price who may fall due to injury...

Been saying for years it starts in the trenches...mskes everyone's job easier..

3rd round....fast backer that a good tackler..

This.  There are only a few can't miss studs in this draft.  They will be gone before we pick.   There are probably 3 rounds worth of average.  Average on the oline would be a huge upgrade for us. 

Archived