Bengals have worked out Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

I would be fine with drafting him 3rd round comp pick or later. Maybe even regular 3rd round.

Why?  We have 2 backups already.  If we want to be serious about having a quality backup sign Matt Moore or Kaepernick (if he really wants to ).

10 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Because we want a guy who can be an eventual quality starter?

Well,...then draft Lamar Jackson!!!

To be honest, we have zero history of drafting a backup or later round QB  and developing them into starters for this team.  

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well,...then draft Lamar Jackson!!!

To be honest, we have zero history of drafting a backup or later round QB  and developing them into starters for this team.  

This is true and I hope that philosophy will change, although I think their intentions were for Mccarron to be eventually. 

5 minutes ago, schotzee said:

This is true and I hope that philosophy will change, although I think their intentions were for Mccarron to be eventually. 

We would have had to sign McCarron to a sizable contract.  Dalton is signed thru 2020 at a reasonable rate.   Granted, if Andy falls on his face this year and AJ had not gotten the favorable ruling it might have worked out. 

Just now, akiliMVP said:

I have a feeling this guy doesn't make it past the Patriots in round 2

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me at all.  I think Mike White is the guy we reasonably should target, with what they're willing to invest. With all their needs, I can't see them in the derby for Lauletta.

11 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Why would you take this guy in round 3? If you're going to take a QB with a noodle arm, wait until the 5th like you did with McCarron. 

Maybe trade the pick if that's honestly BPA. We schooled McGooch for nothing.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:36 AM, SF2 said:

Why?  We have 2 backups already.  If we want to be serious about having a quality backup sign Matt Moore or Kaepernick (if he really wants to ).

I thought we only had one (Driskel) after McCarron departed. Who's the other? Someone on the PS I'm forgetting?

6 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Signed Matt Barkley

Doh! Forgot all about him for some reason.  I know I said it when we signed him, but I'll say it again: I hope that guy never sees the field without a clipboard. I'd rather Driskel go in there, Barkley's experience bedamned. He sucks.

This also means one of the two of them is getting cut. I can't see us keeping two backup QB's when we'll probably need the roster spot elsewhere.

30 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Doh! Forgot all about him for some reason.  I know I said it when we signed him, but I'll say it again: I hope that guy never sees the field without a clipboard. I'd rather Driskel go in there, Barkley's experience bedamned. He sucks.

This also means one of the two of them is getting cut. I can't see us keeping two backup QB's when we'll probably need the roster spot elsewhere.

He is really easy to forget.  Did get a 30 on the Wonderlic though.  Knows the difference between Suspicious AND Spacious.

32 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He is really easy to forget.  Did get a 30 on the Wonderlic though.  Knows the difference between Suspicious AND Spacious.

"Looks like the Stealers defense is in a suspiciously spacious formation. Andy, you're out, Matt, get in there and find the suspicious spaces!"

I just love this kid and I really think he has the "it" factor in possibly becoming an elite qb in the NFL. His favorite qb is Aaron Rodgers whom used to be under the tutilage of our qb coach. Could this make it a connection?:39: Plus for those keeping score, he got a "29" on his wonderlic.:lol:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/kyle-lauletta-letter-to-nfl-gms

Archived