NFL agents rip Bengals as ill-prepared and least trustworthy

7 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Funniest thing about trust the least is if you sign a deal with the Bengals you are seeing almost all of it. 

That's always been the party line around here but when agents are rating you dead last there's probably a reason.

9 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Funniest thing about trust

Yeah, but trust goes beyond just paying bills. It's like saying "Wife says she can't trust me, but I've always paid my hookers."

Trust also means that when you tell your client to go interview with the Bengals they're not going to ask a 300 pound man to fly coach. Trust means that they're going to come back with a fair offer to a guy who just spent a few days flying across country to work out for you. 

Reid was surprised that Mike Brown came after him like that during the interview... Do you think that wasn't discussed with the agent? Sure, maybe Reid's a dumbass for not expecting it, but Mike and Katie would be similar dumbasses to have the guy come out and interview without discussing it with his agent first. A lot of time was wasted kicking tires on a guy when the decision came down to one question that could have been asked over the phone.

11 hours ago, kennethmw said:

That's like saying "Cockroaches dislike homes that use raid."

Yes, the players are cockroaches. Fuck 'em. We'll win without them!

20 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Wait, what happened? Did Redeemer ask him if his mother was a crackwhore?

"Heeeeey, Eric, about that whole protesting thing.... Promise me right now that you will never do that again. Even if PBS security is in the process of killing an innocent minority, you will not make a peep. We need to make sure that you understand your place on the totem pole here. Because, you know, some guy named Rick isn't going to be buying beers next year if you keep pointing out 200 years of injustices."

"Well, I'm not sure..."

"Well, kick sand Fidel! There's a guy we like in the draft, and he's going to slide to the 5th round because there's video of him beating a girl up and raping her while smoking a joint. Go f*** yourself."

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

"Heeeeey, Eric, about that whole protesting thing.... Promise me right now that you will never do that again. Even if PBS security is in the process of killing an innocent minority, you will not make a peep. We need to make sure that you understand your place on the totem pole here. Because, you know, some guy named Rick isn't going to be buying beers next year if you keep pointing out 200 years of injustices."

"Well, I'm not sure..."

"Well, kick sand Fidel! There's a guy we like in the draft, and he's going to slide to the 5th round because there's video of him beating a girl up and raping her while smoking a joint. Go f*** yourself."

Seriously? Not this shit again.

Just now, SF2 said:

Water is wet.

Seriously... The Bengals have the worst front office in the league. It's not news. 

Now, let's argue about why agents all suck so they must be wrong. I mean, sure, the Brown family is the worst, but it's not like they're the "worst". These guys are just intimidated by the effect of our contract negotiation "Raid" against their little cockroach selves. Heck, they don't like us because they FEAR us.... Yeah, I like the sound of that! Every player in the league wants to come here, but the agents fear Katie's mojo.

Seriously... The Bengals have the best front office in the league.

9 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

"Well, I'm not sure..."

Oh, right. That.  Gotta draw the line somewhere.  Some things just can't be Redeemed I guess.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, but trust goes beyond just paying bills. It's like saying "Wife says she can't trust me, but I've always paid my hookers."

Trust also means that when you tell your client to go interview with the Bengals they're not going to ask a 300 pound man to fly coach. Trust means that they're going to come back with a fair offer to a guy who just spent a few days flying across country to work out for you. 

Reid was surprised that Mike Brown came after him like that during the interview... Do you think that wasn't discussed with the agent? Sure, maybe Reid's a dumbass for not expecting it, but Mike and Katie would be similar dumbasses to have the guy come out and interview without discussing it with his agent first. A lot of time was wasted kicking tires on a guy when the decision came down to one question that could have been asked over the phone.

Yes, the players are cockroaches. Fuck 'em. We'll win without them!

We're talking about agents here, Skippy.  Keep up or keep quiet.0

Mike Brown is a world class piece of shit who operates his franchise in the kind of chintzy manner you would expect from someone with his reputation.  That's not exactly breaking news.  Nor is it breaking news that most agents are also slimy whores.  I laughed at their complaint about the rookie wage scale.  No more holdouts and no more insane contracts for unproven rookies.  How terrible for the NFL.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

But the agents are a constant no matter which team they're dealing with.  Why do you think they ranked the Bengals dead last? 

Because the Bengals don't play the "Funny Money" game.  They like teams that are going to show these "huge Guaranteed Deals", and Deals with "Third Day after Season starts" bonuses.  They generally get 3-4 percent of the bonus amount which gets paid lump sum, instead of 3-4 percent of the check every week.  And Even if the "Guarantee" is only partially full, nobody reports the difference, so its a selling tool.  If I was an Agent, I wouldn't like them either!

5 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Because the Bengals don't play the "Funny Money" game.  They like teams that are going to show these "huge Guaranteed Deals", and Deals with "Third Day after Season starts" bonuses.  They generally get 3-4 percent of the bonus amount which gets paid lump sum, instead of 3-4 percent of the check every week.  And Even if the "Guarantee" is only partially full, nobody reports the difference, so its a selling tool.  If I was an Agent, I wouldn't like them either!

OK, that makes some sense

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That's always been the party line around here but when agents are rating you dead last there's probably a reason.

Agents dont look as good to players with Bengals deals.  Agents only like ppl who make them look good. Haynesworth didn't see much of his 100 mill contract but the agent can state he got a DT 100+ mill.

Archived