Trouble between the Falcons and Julio Jones?

oldschooler

I live in Atlanta and listen to the local sports talk radio frequently, I haven't heard anything about Julio being upset with the team. Some of the fans blame him for dropping the pass that could have beat the Eagles in the playoffs, but the only real story that I've heard about is Matt Ryan's contract extension talks not so smoothly...the owner mentioned a home town discount but Ryan will get more than Garoppolo. 

If I hear something more I will update....over and out!

On 4/23/2018 at 10:03 PM, PatternMaster said:

I live in Atlanta and listen to the local sports talk radio frequently, I haven't heard anything about Julio being upset with the team. Some of the fans blame him for dropping the pass that could have beat the Eagles in the playoffs, but the only real story that I've heard about is Matt Ryan's contract extension talks not so smoothly...the owner mentioned a home town discount but Ryan will get more than Garoppolo. 

If I hear something more I will update....over and out!

This is about Josh Allen, but maybe Julio signed a new agent?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 11:48 AM, PatternMaster said:

Julio wants a raise and Falcons are willing to talk, even though he has 3 years left on his deal. He only had 3 tds and had a lot of drops, this should be interesting.

Yeah, he is the sixth highest paid for 2018 (base salary) or 8th for average salary (include roster bonus and signing ).  Just because Evans and Landry are overpaid doesn't mean Jones deserves more money.

Archived