Your Random Draft Day Thoughts?

My random thoughts on the morning of Draft Day 1

- I hope the Turds at #1 select Sam Darnold who I think will suck. He has small hands, and doesn’t do anything very well, just an above avg guy. My fear is they will take Josh Allen and not only ruin what could be the strongest arm in the NFL in the Factory of Sadness, but if by some miracle they don’t ruin him like the last 20+ QB’s, then he could be a thorn in the Bengal’s side in the same way Big Jen has been for the last decade+. QB wise I think the top 3 QBs in this class would be Allen, Mayfield, Jackson in that order, and think Darnold and Rosen are both meh and overrated.

- In my view the Bengals have to go OL, with the one caveat being that if Lamar Jackson is somehow available at 21, I think you consider him. However, I think the Ravens will take him prior.

I would rank my top 5 realistic wishes as follows:

1. Frank Ragnow

2. Will Hernandez

3. Mike McGlinchey

4. Kolton Miller

5. Lamar Jackson

My odd random draft thought is the Bengals is going to have to knock it out of the park to appease their fan base (that's you and me).

I have not recovered from the rehiring of Marvin.

The new assistants eased a lot of the bitterness but not all.

I will give credit for any success to them.  Losing Alexander is addition by subtraction. 

That said, they simply have to have a strong draft and not some putz with potential like

the last two years.  I do not have a lot of faith in Ross.

I really like Ragnow but want some sort of 1-2 punch in the first two rounds.

One of the big guards or McG in round one, trade up for Ragnow in round two.

But they simply cannot fuck around and fuck it up.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

My odd random draft thought is the Bengals is going to have to knock it out of the park to appease their fan base (that's you and me).

I have not recovered from the rehiring of Marvin.

The new assistants eased a lot of the bitterness but not all.

I will give credit for any success to them.  Losing Alexander is addition by subtraction. 

That said, they simply have to have a strong draft and not some putz with potential like

the last two years.  I do not have a lot of faith in Ross.

I really like Ragnow but want some sort of 1-2 punch in the first two rounds.

One of the big guards or McG in round one, trade up for Ragnow in round two.

But they simply cannot fuck around and fuck it up.

Bracing myself for some bullshit Redeeming pick in the first.  It's expected.  I only hope they make solid choices once ol' Musty dozes off.  (yeah i know it's 3 days)

this is pretty random but for some reason I'm not that jacked up for the draft this year. I usually am.

Maybe it's cause we're (hopefully) drafting a lot of linemen (which we should) - not sure - but just not feeling the usual excitement.

On the other hand, living here in Brown's country, I'm cringing with them having all these early picks and a real GM.

I kinda like having 2 easy wins every year.

Oh well, maybe by the time it all rolls around (along with a few beers) I'll get into it. Plus golf league starts tonight - that might help.

7 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Why do we call it "Football" and then give the least respect and pay to the people who use their feet to play it?

:7:

All forms of football (Am, soccer, Rugby, aussie rules) originated from the football games that used to be played in boarding schools. Each school had its own rules. Often, when two schools played a game, rules for the specific game were agreed beforehand. Sometimes, rules of school A were used for half the game, and of school B for the other. That's the origin of half time.

The word "football" originally meant a game you play "on foot" with a ball. (As opposed to Polo, etc...)

15 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

If we shouldn’t sweat the petty things, should we then pet the sweaty things?

I believe rhinoceroses are warrior unicorns.

Why does BJ suddenly re-appear just before the draft to jinx every thing?

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I think Southern Ohio is beautiful this time of the year since all the apple trees are blooming. 

If it's dry(ish) for few more days the creeks may settle enough to be worth fishing.  Crappie have been biting in lakes & ponds recently but I'm hopeful the late cold might bag me a couple of saugeyes.

9 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

All forms of football (Am, soccer, Rugby, aussie rules) originated from the football games that used to be played in boarding schools. Each school had its own rules. Often, when two schools played a game, rules for the specific game were agreed beforehand. Sometimes, rules of school A were used for half the game, and of school B for the other. That's the origin of half time.

The word "football" originally meant a game you play "on foot" with a ball. (As opposed to Polo, etc...)

I'll bet you go and try to correct stuff on Wikipedia, don't you?  :4_joy:

19 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If it's dry(ish) for few more days the creeks may settle enough to be worth fishing.  Crappie have been biting in lakes & ponds recently but I'm hopeful the late cold might bag me a couple of saugeyes.

The Saugeye is a cross between a male Sauger and a female Walleye.  They are perfectly suited for many of Ohio's man made shallow lakes and rivers. 

2 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

If the Bengals would have kept Whitworth they would be drafting at the 12 spot.

The Browns should consider taking QB at 1 and 4.

The Bengals draft war room runs a pool on how many times Mike Brown breaks wind before the night is over.

So they wouldn't have done any better last year with Whitworth?

4 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

If we shouldn’t sweat the petty things, should we then pet the sweaty things?

I believe rhinoceroses are warrior unicorns.

Why is it when goods are moved by vehicles  it's called a shipment,

but if it's moved by a boat it's called cargo?

Why do our feet smell and our nose runs? 

Why aren't blueberries blue?

Why do we call it a pair of pants when there is only one? 

Why do they make scented toilet paper? 

6 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

The last question is easy, so you can reuse it.

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Hahaha. I worked for P&G. I have an actual answer to your last question.

Archived