Frank Ragnow prayer circle and crush thread

Do we need Thor?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals draft Frank Ragnow?

• Hell yeah!
    • No
    • Depends on who is there

NOOOOOO !!!! From 2 hours ago !

Columnist

April 26, 2018

The New England Patriots are reportedly showing interest in University of Arkansas offensive lineman Frank Ragnow ahead of Thursday night's first round of the 2018 NFL draft. 

Jeff Howe of The Athletic reported the Pats have been "all over" Ragnow after hiring former Razorbacks head coach Bret Bielema as a consultant last month.

New England has seemingly been linked to more prospects than any other team throughout the draft process. While most of those were quarterbacks, the 21-year-old Minnesota native is a more realistic target given the team's need to upgrade the interior of its line.

Ragnow contributed during all four years at Arkansas, though his senior campaign got cut short in October because of an ankle injury.

"I want them to know that my ankle is all right," Ragnow told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine. "Personality-wise, I want them to know I’m an intelligent football player with a high character."

He's gained experience as both a center and guard with the Hogs. He expressed confidence in his ability to play tackle if called upon, too.

"I feel like I can play all five [spots]," he said at the combine. "Obviously in college I played center and guard, but I have the length and the footwork to be able to play tackle, so I think that definitely helps me."

Last August, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick discussed how positional versatility can make a player more valuable, per Darren Hartwell of NESN.

"The more flexibility you have, the more depth you have, the more diverse your scheme can be because you can do the same thing from different locations," he said.

Ragnow fits the bill and could find himself heading to New England—which owns picks No. 23 and 31 in Round 1—if the team doesn't package those selections to move up in the order.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772744-2018-nfl-draft-rumors-patriots-have-been-all-over-frank-ragnow

Minnesota? Cincinnati? New England? Where will Frank Ragnow go?

Nearly all the biggest named mock drafts have Ragnow selected in the first 32 picks. Cincinnati at No. 21 has been high on Ragnow since the start.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock is in on this thinking.

"He's the best natural center in the draft. He can play all three positions," Mayock said.A poll on Twitter started by Lance McAllister, sports talk radio host in Cincinnati, had 78 percent of votes in favor of selecting Ragnow at No. 21.

There is also a natural landing spot with the Minnesota Vikings at No. 30 if still available. Ragnow spent most of a Tuesday some weeks ago meeting anyone and everyone within the Minnesota organization.

Ragnow recently had a meal with Head Coach Mike Zimmer and General Manager Rick Spielman.

Other teams to work out Ragnow were Atlanta, Indianapolis, Green Bay, Los Angeles, Carolina, and New England.

The Patriots at No. 23 and 31 could be the dark horse pick. Word is Ragnow's former coach at Arkansas, Bret Bielema, has been hired in some capacity by New England. There may not be a bigger fan of Ragnow than Bielema.

"Arkansas interior lineman Frank Ragnow is an under-the-radar candidate to keep in mind tonight for the Patriots, who have been all over him with Bret Bielema leading the way. Ragnow looks like a late first-rounder," said Jeff Howe, Patriots beat reporter on The Athletic.

http://www.swnewsmedia.com/chanhassen_villager/news/sports/minnesota-cincinnati-new-england-where-will-frank-ragnow-go/article_d240ca9a-603e-5c65-b2ce-e131fe0a8fe7.html

46 minutes ago, VonBlade said:

I've been here since we were part of JT's forum. Thanks BJ, you've jinxed us.

That first year on JT's forum my draft crush was Vince Wilfork and we traded down and got Mr. Glass Chris Perry instead. If only they had followed my prayers. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Was trying to think of his name earlier and drawing a blank.  This in relation to throwing money at guys well after they'd proven to be made of glass re: Eifert. 

Congratulations.  I wish I could.

Archived