Class
Austintown, OH
Senior

6' 4"
305 lbs
32” arms
Hands
9 3/4”
Price was actually the Associated Press Division 1 Co-Defensive Player of the Year in Ohio as a high school senior, but moved to the offensive line during his redshirt freshman season because he thought he was "too meticulous." Though he suited up at center on the scout team, coaches moved him to guard, where he started all 15 games (first three at left guard, final 12 at right) on the national champions in 2014. Price earned third-team All-Big Ten honors as an every-week starter at left guard the following year, and then first-team honors on the right side as a junior team captain. He also was named second-team All-American by the Associated Press, Walter Camp Foundation, and other outlets by not only mauling his opponent with excellent upper and lower body strength but also being effective on the move for traps and other run plays. Price won the Remington Trophy as the nation's top center in 2017 and was a unanimous first-team All-American. He started each game as a senior, tying Pat Elfein for the Buckeyes' record with 55 straight starts.
Draft Projection
Round 2
NFL Comparison
LeCharles Bentley
Overview
Plays like a Wildling at times with tremendous explosiveness, strength and, almost excessive initial charge. Price's power and leverage give him a huge advantage over most centers in this draft. He should be able to come into the league and deal with NFL power right away. However, his impatience as a blocker and tendency to charge in head-first will be used against him by savvy NFL opponents if he doesn't get it cleaned up. Price should be a good, early starter.
Strengths
  • Freaky strength and explosiveness
  • Expected to crush the bench press at the Combine :huh:
  • Plays with excellent snap to punch quickness
  • Lands hands under shoulders and snatches pads gaining control of the man across from him
  • Core strength and contact balance is a plus
  • Has redirect power to wipe out gap shooter and recover from early losses
  • Terrific bend and flexibility in hips unleash his drive blocking power
  • Works from consistently leveraged position
  • Generates push against bigger players
  • Considered highly intelligent by scouting community
  • Operational in space or in a phone booth
  • Keeps hands inside the frame in pass pro
  • Pass sets with wide base and strong anchor
  • Starting experience as both center and guard
  • Mean streak will not be an issue
Weaknesses
  • Has had consistent tape where impatience gets him in trouble
  • Lunges out to find shade defenders causing him to over-set and lose balance
  • Early lunging may be a muscle memory concern
  • Lack of length makes it tough for him to sustain
  • Could be more static on second level climb so backs can set up his blocks
  • Can improve re-setting hands against longer defensive tackles
  • Feet need to follow hands more consistently on redirects rather than leaning
  • Feet begin to deaden in his mirror allowing athletic rushers to challenge him with counters
  • Needs to improve footwork to go with his brute force
  • Can be a challenging personality to deal with according to scouts
Sources Tell Us

"Man he is a different kind of guy altogether. Has a lot of edge for sure. Love his toughness and his grit and wait until you see him at the combine. He might hit 40 on the bench and he's going to run well too." -- AFC team pro personnel director

Prices arms are 32" vs Ragnow at 33 1/8" ... it seems to me like Price is a stout squatty short arm strong guy, but wasn't that what Bodine was? 

I didn't see many Buckeye games so can't say I watched him play a lot ... but I still feel like we lost out on Ragnow. 

59 minutes ago, Hooky said:

As I said in the other thread, I'll take it, but would he be there in the 2nd is the only thing that bugs me.

What chance were you comfortable with of not landing him or Daniels? 50/50? IMHO, if there's a 10% chance of us getting into the second tier of players, I'm not good with that. Remember, we also sat there all smug for 10 minutes because no way the Lions draft a center... I'd rather die by destiny than live in the hands of fate.

A need pick, and one I am great with. Price was only out of the running because of a minor injury and the relentless draft cycle. He started out as the top center and it's not like he tore an ACL. I like it.

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Prices arms are 32" vs Ragnow at 33 1/8" ... it seems to me like Price is a stout squatty short arm strong guy, but wasn't that what Bodine was? 

I didn't see many Buckeye games so can't say I watched him play a lot ... but I still feel like we lost out on Ragnow. 

Ragnow was a little better player, but Price has off the charts leadership and intangibles.  He will be Whit 2.0.  Strong as an ox.  He will anchor very well against the big NTs.

I want to like Price ... I want to feel like the Bengals got the best C and not the 2nd best one ... (fuck you Detroit!) ...

Keep the Price highlights coming Old ... I don't want to feel shitty, but I still feel disappointed as my heart was set on Ragnow. 

Just now, BlackJesus said:

I want to like Price ... I want to feel like the Bengals got the best C and not the 2nd best one ... (fuck you Detroit!) ...

Keep the Price highlights coming Old ... I don't want to feel shitty, but I still feel disappointed as my heart was set on Ragnow. 

it's been said many times... but you don't have the most starts ever at TOSU and be a Remington award winner if you aren't a great player 

6 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Archived