RD 1 - Bengals select BILLY PRICE, C

56 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Hypothetical: Did we still draft Price if Ragnow was not picked by Detroit? I think we are very fortunate for the sake of the site not blowing up if that would've happened. Was Price their guy from the beginning?

Well, Willie Anderson was on Twitter about to show a text from Marvin... And was like "OMG, better not post that!" 

So I think Price was second choice.

IMHO, we got the better player.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, Willie Anderson was on Twitter about to show a text from Marvin... And was like "OMG, better not post that!" 

So I think Price was second choice.

IMHO, we got the better player.

I their defense, Price did tear his pec so there has to be a little concern about him being ready and at 100% for the season opener.   We don't have a backup.   All the more reason to pick up Daniles who can play guard and center or Martinas Rankin who can play all 3 line positions. 

Question: What has been the most criticized position on the team the last ten years? 

Hint: Not Dalton/QB

Answer: obviously C.... some think Dalton is a good QB... Some think he is good enough if you surround him with talent... Some think he is terrible.... but almost EVERYONE has thought C play from Guy-check and Bodine have been horrible. 

I dont know how many times I remember seeing Bodine pushed BEHIND Dalton on running plays... 

This is a major upgrade by a very physical, experienced and talented player....

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

With Price's bald head, it's only fair that the first time the Bengals play in Shittsburgh, he wears a Bane mask ...

(blowing up the stadium works too) 

Related image

:24:

This makes me love the pick to be honest.

We are going to need that BJ photoshop skills all over the Price pics.

2 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

He started 55 consecutive games for OSU how the f is he a China doll?

Just...don't, LOL. It was a really good pick. Some pundits think we panicked after Ragnow got picked right ahead of us because they believe Daniels, etc were "better" players. But what they are forgetting is what I consider one of the most important talent acquisitions this team has made in a long time, and that's firing Alexander and bringing Pollack on board. Just looking at what he did with the Cowboys line as quickly as he did is all I need to know about the guy. He's not only going to be a better coach, but he's going to toughen up these guys and Price fits that mindset perfectly. In fact, to me it looks like Price embraces that kind of training.

If Pollack and/or Lazor wanted him, then I'm cool. If he pans out as a day 1 starter at C, which he should, then we suddenly have the anchor/leader that holds the line together, something we haven't had in forever.

One thing very good centers do well is snap/step....

That initial burst off the ball as they snap the ball...

Bodine never seemed to bring it together ..time he snapped then made his burst he was all ready engaged and pushed back...

Price is well rounded...

Finally a center that has the makings of a probowler in the future..

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I their defense, Price did tear his pec so there has to be a little concern about him being ready and at 100% for the season opener.   We don't have a backup.   All the more reason to pick up Daniles who can play guard and center or Martinas Rankin who can play all 3 line positions. 

I might sound stupid here, but since his injury is upper body and not a knee or ankle, at least he can do some light drills, footwork, etc.. at OTAs? Walkthroughs, no contact? I'm talking light.

The experts were bashing the Cowboys when they drafted Frederick in the first round, all he did was anchor one of the best units, go to 4 Pro Bowls, and be named an All Pro. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1619674-travis-frederick-and-the-worst-picks-in-the-2013-nfl-draft

http://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9213755/2013-nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-selection-travis-frederick-brings-questions

Price was everyone's #1 before the injury, which should show everyone that these "draft gurus" are anything BUT gurus. If he heals 100%, what's the big deal?

Bullshit draft fodder to raise money for NFL sponsored draft sites...

Kid looks to be a beast at a position we desperately needed help at.

Win...

21 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The experts were bashing the Cowboys when they drafted Frederick in the first round, all he did was anchor one of the best units, go to 4 Pro Bowls, and be named an All Pro. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1619674-travis-frederick-and-the-worst-picks-in-the-2013-nfl-draft

Lol Leveon Bell is also on their list.  Two All Pros were among the worst picks.

1 hour ago, USN Bengal said:

Price was everyone's #1 before the injury, which should show everyone that these "draft gurus" are anything BUT gurus. If he heals 100%, what's the big deal?

Bullshit draft fodder to raise money for NFL sponsored draft sites...

Kid looks to be a beast at a position we desperately needed help at.

Win...

QFT... haven’t we been “winning” the draft for several years now? At least been getting A-/B+ grades? Look where that has gotten us...

1 minute ago, Tigers Johnson said:

QFT... haven’t we been “winning” the draft for several years now? At least been getting A-/B+ grades? Look where that has gotten us...

Sure have brother.... and look at all the playoff wins and Super Bowl trophies those wonderful drafting wins have produced!!!!!!!!!

Jack.jpg

14 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Sure have brother.... and look at all the playoff wins and Super Bowl trophies those wonderful drafting wins have produced!!!!!!!!!

Jack.jpg

It's always refreshing to see troll memes posted by actual bengal fans.

Archived