Day 2 Draft Discussion, who should we target?

Warming up to Brown.

Won't complain about Hernandez at all.  Thing is though, I'm a lot more comfortable with Boling & Redman at the two OG spots than I am with any of the OT options opposite Glenn (Hart, Fisher, Ogbuehi).  I also like the interior depth (Westerman, Hopkins, Johnson) than the outside depth,

Brown could push on the right side or somebody like Brian O'Neill, Connor Williams, Joseph Noteboom or Martinas Rankin in the 2nd or 3rd might be a possibility on the left with Glenn on the right.

Let's finish the O-line first and foremost. Andy with time is a MASSIVELY better player than Andy without, and we need all the help we can get in that respect.

Mixon was in beast mode even behind that fucking turnstile of an o-line so imagine him behind one that can create holes.

With the O not going 3 and out every series our D wont get as exhausted and so D is less of a pressing need. When even slightly rested they shut teams down, it was only our total lack of movement on O that caused them to play 50 minutes a game and get spanked.

If we can get a T then the failed tackles can move inside to guard, and all will be well.

1 minute ago, Gremzz said:

If, and it's a big IF, James Daniels is available at #46 and Hernandez is not do you take him and plug Price in at Guard?

Or Daniels at Guard? I think they should use the next high pick on D. LB, SS or edge. 

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

Or Daniels at Guard? I think they should use the next high pick on D. LB, SS or edge. 

True, it looks like the depth in the next few rounds on defense could well be the way to go, just intrigued.

I'm normally a BPA guy,but if it's close,keep improving the OL.You have A.J. Green,Joe Mixon,Tyler Eifert.Dalton is a very good QB with he has a clean pocket,not so much when he doesn't.His weapons won't mean a thing if one side of the OL is consistenly breaking down.Fix this shit NOW.

One thing that I keep thinking about is that Eric Reid, the older brother of Justin Reid, is still a free agent. I think signing that guy somehow would be huge. It may not be possible, but the longer he hangs out there, the better opportunity someone is going to have to get him, and we wouldn't have to give up a pick to get him.

I like the idea of another OL. Guys like Austin Corbett, Connor Williams and Tyrell Crosby are especially interesting because they have experience at OT and could take first shot at RT. If they don't work out there (or Jake Fisher has a good camp), they all project really well to guard. 

My favorite pure OT is Noteboom from TCU. I wouldn't be surprised if he is our pick at 46. He's going to go soon here as I think he's the best pure tackle left. 

Maurice Hurst, Harold Landry, Sam Hubbard, Harrison Phillips and Lorenzo Carter (LB/DE tweener) all there at D Line. If not OL, I'm hoping for a DL pick and would love any of these guys. 

Archived