Day 2 Draft Discussion, who should we target?

2 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Anyone but Key. Guy is a bust waiting to happen. 

I heard Chuck Smith on the radio pounding the table for this guy giving him quite the endorsement, Smith is a former NFL player that coaches pro prospects.

https://chucksmithtraining.com/

Smith was on the Key bandwagon, said he was a once in a generation talent that had a tough year last year after getting his life together.

Key voluntarily checked himself into rehab and had surgery on an injury that he had since his freshman year that LSU wanted him to wait on getting fixed. Because of those decisions he started off the season slowly but once he got back in shape he was dominant.

If he's available at 46, I hope the Bengals draft him.

Speaking of safeties like Reid & Reid, Attorneys At Law, can we assume the guy they're trying to upgrade over is Williams rather than Iloka? I would think so, but I'm not sure we ever talked about it and I don't think the coaches mentioned who the "weak link" was back there in our defense. I don't think either Iloka or Williams have been shitty necessarily, either, just mediocre (Williams) and above average (Iloka).

39 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I heard Chuck Smith on the radio pounding the table for this guy giving him quite the endorsement, Smith is a former NFL player that coaches pro prospects.

https://chucksmithtraining.com/

Smith was on the Key bandwagon, said he was a once in a generation talent that had a tough year last year after getting his life together.

Key voluntarily checked himself into rehab and had surgery on an injury that he had since his freshman year that LSU wanted him to wait on getting fixed. Because of those decisions he started off the season slowly but once he got back in shape he was dominant.

If he's available at 46, I hope the Bengals draft him.

I watched an interview from the combine and he seemed borderline retarded. I don't like the guys with effort questions either.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Get Hernandez and I think our interior O-line has the potential to be good for a long time. If Glenn can stay healthy then the big question mark is right tackle.

Well see...

Hernandez and Price is Mixon's wet dream

5 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

Hernandez and Price is Mixon's wet dream

IF they got both and IF they pan out to what NFL.com says, Price they compare to LeCharles Bentley and Hernandez they compare to Richie Incognito.

That's nasty.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

IF they got both and IF they pan out to what NFL.com says, Price they compare to LeCharles Bentley and Hernandez they compare to Richie Incognito.

That's nasty.

I'll say, nasty! Didn't Incognito have a teammate crying or something?

1 minute ago, schotzee said:

I'll say, nasty! Didn't Incognito have a teammate crying or something?

I believe he was stalking & harassing the guy, texting him obscene shit about his family, etc.  There's being "nasty" as a football player and then there's being a POS as a human.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I believe he was stalking & harassing the guy, texting him obscene shit about his family, etc.  There's being "nasty" as a football player and then there's being a POS as a human.

LOL...he was both. 

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Agreed Incognitio was a great football player but he was an asshole human being.

2 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Eric Reid should already be signed... dumb ass Mike Brown chooses politics over performance.

Not trying to take it too far in that direction but..  It's strange he has a problem with Reid but would defend a shitfaced Pacman literally  wishing death to a cop on camera.  I guess Reid didn't have a compelling enough sob story to feed him?

15 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Eric Reid should already be signed... dumb ass Mike Brown chooses politics over performance.

yep

17 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Agreed Incognitio was a great football player but he was an asshole human being.

yes

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

Speaking of safeties like Reid & Reid, Attorneys At Law, can we assume the guy they're trying to upgrade over is Williams rather than Iloka? I would think so, but I'm not sure we ever talked about it and I don't think the coaches mentioned who the "weak link" was back there in our defense. I don't think either Iloka or Williams have been shitty necessarily, either, just mediocre (Williams) and above average (Iloka).

The new DC wants to play more 3 safety formations, so it's not an indictment on either one of those guys.

7 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

The new DC wants to play more 3 safety formations, so it's not an indictment on either one of those guys.

Do you have a link showing we planned on doing that? Not calling you out or anything, I just find that interesting. I mean, the traditional extra DB in most passing situations is a nickel CB, not a third safety. I wonder if that's for base formations on early downs to help shore up the run defense?

Archived