2018 Draft 4th through 7th rounds

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

We  draft BPA over need. That is how you acquire talent. We have 3 Tackles on the roster people are completely writing off.

Pollack's job is to make them better than Alexander could. Hart is younger than Price and looked great for the Giants in 2016.

Hart did not look great for the Giants in 2016. We don't draft BPA over need. We draft BPA within areas of need. As we should. 

Crosby reportedly has concussion issues. 

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

Hart did not look great for the Giants in 2016. We don't draft BPA over need. We draft BPA within areas of need. As we should. 

Crosby reportedly has concussion issues. 

Well Dave Lapham said he did multiple times in every interview I have heard the past few weeks.

And they made the Playoffs with him. 

And we lost Hill and Peerman, how is Walton not a need? We have 2 highly drafted Tackles and one Lapham

said very well could be the RT that signed a put up or shut up 1 year deal.

Rd 5 will be big for the Bengals ... 

Round 5 (151)

Round 5 (158)

Round 5 (170)

I'd like to see a G, MLB, and K ...

G Wyatt Teller, Va Tech, 6’5, 314 lbs
MLB Tegray Scales, Indiana, 6’0, 230 lbs

K Daniel Carlson, Auburn, 6’5, 215 lbs

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

Well Dave Lapham said he did multiple times in every interview I have heard the past few weeks.

And they made the Playoffs with him. 

And we lost Hill and Peerman, how is Walton not a need? We have 2 highly drafted Tackles and one Lapham

said very well could be the RT that signed a put up or shut up 1 year deal.

I have heard someone else repeat that, it may have been Dave, it wasn't true. 

Peerman might be back but RB is a need for sure, but starting RT is more important than 3rd RB. I hope you are right. Would be nice to get another guy at RT though.

I love Mark Walton. Just don't want to ignore RT where I think someone can make a bigger impact. And I think we could have gotten a comparable back in 5. 

7 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I have heard someone else repeat that, it may have been Dave, it wasn't true. 

Peerman might be back but RB is a need for sure, but starting RT is more important than 3rd RB. I hope you are right. Would be nice to get another guy at RT though.

I love Mark Walton. Just don't want to ignore RT where I think someone can make a bigger impact. And I think we could have gotten a comparable back in 5. 

While I have some interest in Jamarco Jones, and the kid from Oregon, neither of them would be a sure pick to start over Fisher, altough I do think they would improve the depth.  I think the scheme we will use under Pollack will be a better fit for Fisher's skill set than Alexander's.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

While I have some interest in Jamarco Jones, and the kid from Oregon, neither of them would be a sure pick to start over Fisher, altough I do think they would improve the depth.  I think the scheme we will use under Pollack will be a better fit for Fisher's skill set than Alexander's.

I think so too, but Fisher at best is an UFA next year when we also have to pay Atkins-Dunlap-Eifert/Kraft. At this point in the draft we need to take someone who can compete at that tackle spot long term. I wouldn't trust Fisher/Ogbuehi or Hart to be that guy, even if they all make the team. The evidence so far for all 3 has been bad. Counting on them again would be poor judgment. 

Archived