2018 Draft 4th through 7th rounds

Just now, ccartman2 said:

So one of the worst offenses in he NFL. Felt drafting a center and a third rb just fixed everything? The defense better be 2000 ravens if we want to win anything. Maybe we got an eye on the top qb next year

They rebuilt half the offensive line this off season. The skill players were not the problem. 

1 minute ago, ccartman2 said:

So one of the worst offenses in he NFL. Felt drafting a center and a third rb just fixed everything? The defense better be 2000 ravens if we want to win anything. Maybe we got an eye on the top qb next year

A very strange thing. How do you ignore the entire Offensive line after the first pick. Same nonsense they did last year. Counting on players at RT that have been proven failures. 

Just now, ccartman2 said:

You forgot they got an OC that has an off season to install his own system, traded for a LT and re-signed one

of the best TEs in the NFL (when healthy). The problems with the Offense wasn't about drafting late round O-linemen.

I had every player on my want list except Hubbard but I would have wanted him in 3 and the first CB. I like the talent but I think we are better off with Connor Williams and pick 100 then Hubbard and Jefferson. Maybe you get Josey Jewell instead of Jefferson. Lower upside but still very good on teams. 

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

You forgot they got an OC that has an off season to install his own system, traded for a LT and re-signed one

of the best TEs in the NFL (when healthy). The problems with the Offense wasn't about drafting late round O-linemen.

You think it was 3rd string RB?, 3rd Safety?, STs LB?. Those offensive line picks could have a much bigger impact. 

They rebuilt half the offensive line this off season. The skill players were not the problem. 

Assuming the guy from buffalo stays healthy. Who plays at RT? O turnstile again? Hartless from the Giants? Or bad heart fisher ? Behind green in Latrell do you buy any other receiver? What about backup qb? I know we have Barkley and Driscoll. Likely one of those two cornerbacks gets cut. Unless we cut Shaw.

Just seems odd and like Mikey is ok with another 6-10 or worse season.

2 minutes ago, ccartman2 said:

Assuming the guy from buffalo stays healthy. Who plays at RT? O turnstile again? Hartless from the Giants? Or bad heart fisher ? Behind green in Latrell do you buy any other receiver? What about backup qb? I know we have Barkley and Driscoll. Likely one of those two cornerbacks gets cut. Unless we cut Shaw.

Relying on players who have proven to be bad. 

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

Relying on players who have proven to be bad. 

With a totally different Coach.

You're acting like Pollack can do more with 5th rounders than 1st and 2nd round talent.

That logic has makes zero sense to me. 

7 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

You're acting like Pollack can do more with 5th rounders than 1st and 2nd round talent.

Your acting like guys who have proven to be terrible will suddenly be good. 

14 minutes ago, ccartman2 said:

We haven't went 6-10 or worse since 2010. 

So we're headed to camp with an OT situation of Glenn who is a proven NFL starter, but hasn't proven he can stay healthy; the ironically named Hart and the dismal duo of Ogbuehi/Fisher who in three years have yet to prove they deserve to be on a NFL roster.  Might as well count on Kent Perkins, Jevarious Leamon or Justin Murray to step up.

Two CB? Not sure they can beat out Russell for 4th CB (and that's only if the Bengals don't do something very Bengalish like bring back Pacman).  RT is one of those spots where you should be able to find someone serviceable on the 3rd day. Yeah, BPA, yada, yada, yada, but this team needs tackle competition.  Draft Fail, IMO.

9 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Your acting like guys who have proven to be terrible will suddenly be good. 

I'm not acting like they have proven anything other than they had a bad coach and now they have a good one. 

Coaches mean a lot in the NFL. You can have all the talent in the World and still bust if not developed.

The 1990s Bengals proved as much. 

And I'm sorry, I know a lot of fans wanted to overcompensate for the O-line. But if Pollack and the Bengals thought

the O-line needed 5th round picks spent on Tackles that were available instead of the players they drafted to 

improve the team, I'm sure they would have made those moves instead. I'm not over stressed about the

line as some. I see 1st and 2nd round talents and a guy that started 21 games for a Playoff team already

on the roster. You see the cupboard as bare when it really isn't as bare as our new O-line coach sees it.

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I'm not acting like they have proven anything other than they had a bad coach and now they have a good one. 

Coaches mean a lot in the NFL. You can have all the talent in the World and still bust if not developed.

The 1990s Bengals proved as much. 

And I'm sorry, I know a lot of fans wanted to overcompensate for the O-line. But if Pollack and the Bengals thought

they O-line needed 5th round picks spent on Tackles that were available instead of the players they drafted to 

improve the team, I'm sure they would have made those moves instead. I'm not over stressed about the

line as some. I see 1st and 2nd round talents and a guy that started 21 games for a Playoff team already

on the roster. You see the cupboard as bare when it really isn't as bare as our new O-line coach sees it.

You know our new coach was fired right?

17 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Hope he is a miracle worker, but the 1st & 2nd rounders haven't done one damned thing to merit those picks.  Maybe Pollock can squeeze something other than runny shit from Fisher and Ogbuehi, but I'd rather have other options available instead of relying on the failure twins (AGAIN).

1 minute ago, snarkster said:

Hope he is a miracle worker, but the 1st & 2nd rounders haven't done one damned thing to merit those picks.  Maybe Pollock can squeeze something other than runny shit from Fisher and Ogbuehi, but I'd rather have other options available instead of relying on the failure twins (AGAIN).

And even if he does they both become Free agents in an offseason when we are going to be paying Atkins, Dunlap and Eifert. 

We haven't went 6-10 or worse since 2010. 

Understood. But we should would have last year absent a miracle pass to Boyd. I'm sorry that I thought we would invest in a bit off offense in the draft. I'm fine with price and if Glenn stays health great. Still we need a right tackle. If it is on the roster great but we were told to trust fisher and oturnstile ( I won't learn to spell is name unless he gets a lot better) and that was a disaster.

They were way to cheap to keep whit and likely we missed the playoffs because of it. Now we've loaded up on d that won't play and may not make the team. Guess we will see this year but I think the draft started great but not a believer in round four or five. Hope I'm wrong and won't say more because there are a lot more smarter people than me with this shit. But for us dumb people. When your offense sucks you try to improve it

Just now, MichaelWeston said:

You know our new coach was fired right?

After helping assemble and coach one of the best lines in the NFL.

And the team that fired him,  hired our old one that was proven to be horrible. 

Every Bengals fan I know was ecstatic when Alexander was fired.

We totally upgraded LT and Center. We got a upgrade at Coach.

And some fans still feel like spending 3rd day picks was the only answer to fix what they remember of last year.

If you want to stay on the ledge and bitch about a great draft, feel free.

I'm done. 

37 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Why are we still talking about Eifert like he is relevant to anything?  If Redeemer wants to keep paying him for 2015 I guess that's his money to burn but IDK why any fan would be factoring him into anything other than the salary cap. 

4 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Ogbuehi 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cedric-ogbuehi?id=2552355

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2429764-cedric-ogbuehi-nfl-draft-2015-scouting-report-grade-for-bengals-rookie

https://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2014/05/13/2015-nfl-mock-draft-cedric-ogbuehi

Jake Fisher

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jake-fisher?id=2552360

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2429767

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2382903-jake-fisher-has-potential-to-be-nfl-drafts-biggest-sleeper-at-offensive-tackle

Archived