Hobson: Competition opens on O-line

Based off the end of last season, I think Boling should be considered the #1 backup option at LT.  So it's not guaranteed that Cedric would hit the field if there is an injury.  Regardless, I don't share the pessimistic attitude towards Glenn being injured again.  If it happens it happens, as it could to any player.

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Based off the end of last season, I think Boling should be considered the #1 backup option at LT.  So it's not guaranteed that Cedric would hit the field if there is an injury.  Regardless, I don't share the pessimistic attitude towards Glenn being injured again.  If it happens it happens, as it could to any player.

You know I completely forgot that. Its a great point. 

17 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Our tackles are likely Glenn, Hart, Fisher and Ogbuehi.  That's scary. 

Glenn's a definite upgrade, but can he stay healthy?  Fisher & Ogbuehi are Fisher & Ogbuehi.  Hart is a step down from Sugar Tits.  Pray for Kent Perkins.

Based on the past bitching, they've improved at Line Coach, LT and C.  Those three improvements, should make this a better line.  And personally, I think Fisher was improving before he had the heart issue.  

11 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Based on the past bitching, they've improved at Line Coach, LT and C.  Those three improvements, should make this a better line.  And personally, I think Fisher was improving before he had the heart issue.  

There's also the question of the potential multiplier effect that we won't know the efficacy of until we see the line in action: how much will the improvements positively impact the existing parts of the line who have struggled recently?

Glenn trade was a good one.

Glenn-Bolling-Price looks solid ..

RG could be.Bobby Hart..hes strong and Ha s the girth to move prople..im not sure about leaving him on a RT island though..

In going to put alot of faith in Jake Fisher this year..

Don't compare Jake to Cedric...

Jake believes in his abilities..

Cedric needs alot of coaching..

If this comes to fruition they might be better than media thinks...

Archived