This dude thinks the Bengals will have the #2 overall pick next year

2. Cincinnati Bengals: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

If not for injury, Herbert in 2017 might have led Oregon to a better record and, potentially, could have garnered Heisman consideration. He has the arm talent, confidence in the pocket and perimeter placement to be a star in the NFL.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2019-order-best-players-dolphins-bengals-jets-chiefs/3gmq63ucmu3b1oh9cvzogt1i6

So does this dude ...

The Pick: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

If the Cincinnati Bengals are selecting at No. 2 overall, it's time to draftAndy Dalton's replacement.

The 2019 quarterback class doesn't have a go-to No. 1 guy. There isn't a Jared Goff or Sam Darnold where we knew a year out that they'd be viewed as a top player. But if there is one quarterback talked about by NFL scouts more than others, it's Oregon's Justin Herbert.

Herbert's accuracy, timing and athleticism have teams excited, and based on a quick look at his 2017 season, he looks the part of a potential QB1.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773297-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-way-too-early-predictions?share=twitter

I can't find the article anymore (arrived randomly on my phone), but some other guy predicts the Bengals will pick #1, and of course a QB... he said something about "the end of the Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton era" blah blah.  And get this... he had the Browns picking at #13.  That is a laugh and a half.

It seems these guys start from having a QB going first, then to teams they *think* need a QB, and who, in their mind, suck balls already.  That is a pretty consistent go-to when it comes to the Bengals (regardless of reality).

13 hours ago, oldschooler said:

So does this dude ...

The Pick: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

If the Cincinnati Bengals are selecting at No. 2 overall, it's time to draftAndy Dalton's replacement.

The 2019 quarterback class doesn't have a go-to No. 1 guy. There isn't a Jared Goff or Sam Darnold where we knew a year out that they'd be viewed as a top player. But if there is one quarterback talked about by NFL scouts more than others, it's Oregon's Justin Herbert.

Herbert's accuracy, timing and athleticism have teams excited, and based on a quick look at his 2017 season, he looks the part of a potential QB1.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773297-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-way-too-early-predictions?share=twitter

LOL, so this guy has never heard of 19 year old SEC Freshman of the year Jake Fromm??

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

If we do, it will be because Cordy's foot is not recovered and we will be taking an LT not a QB.

They won 7 with Ced at LT and Bodine at C and they blew 3-4 other games they should have won. They aren't getting a top 5 pick unless Dalton goes down. 

3 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

They won 7 with Ced at LT and Bodine at C and they blew 3-4 other games they should have won. They aren't getting a top 5 pick unless Dalton goes down. 

And if Dalton goes down it will be because the O-line didnt protect him

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

And if Dalton goes down it will be because the O-line didnt protect him

9 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Or he throws a shitty pick and breaks his thumb trying to tackle a fat ass.

Touche! Sounds like something that could really happen.:40:

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

God got confused and thought he was Kitna

Kitna didn't throw picks,  he would fumble the ball long before it was throw forward.  109 career fumbles, that is almost 1 fumble a game for him.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Kitna didn't throw picks,  he would fumble the ball long before it was throw forward.  109 career fumbles, that is almost 1 fumble a game for him.

I am reminded of an.. interception? Hand-off? He threw to Spikes.  Screen play got blown up, but the pass didn't cross the LOS and was really more of a "PLEASE DONT HURT ME" hot potato-like fleeb than a pass, so?  Can't recall if it was overhand but it remains one of the most "I am not a professional NFL QB" plays I've seen.  It was like they'd pulled some half-drunk guy out of the stands.

Archived