Chad Johnson goes to bat for Andy Dalton on Twitter

5 hours ago, schotzee said:

Don't be dissing Chad when he's defending our boys.:rant:

Since when is Andy Dalton "our boy"? He might be your boy, he might be Marvin's boy but he ain't MY boy. If it were up to me Carson Palmer would still be starting. He guarantees us a better draft pick next season, Andy might play too well.

I read here but hardly ever post.  Just putting my 2 cents in - don't give a crap what Chad Johnson thinks or says, he had some of the worst judgement when it came to football, can't imagine that he's gotten any wiser.  

19 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Since when is Andy Dalton "our boy"? He might be your boy, he might be Marvin's boy but he ain't MY boy. If it were up to me Carson Palmer would still be starting. He guarantees us a better draft pick next season, Andy might play too well.

He may be your father boy, but he wasn't your daddy.

QB1:  9 yrs, 0-3 in the playoffs,  record of 60-65, 62% completion rate, passer rating 88.3.

QB2:  7yrs, 0-4 in the playoffs, record of 63-44-2, 62.3% completion rate, passer rating of 88.7

QB1 signed a 5 year $135mil contract with $60 mil guaranteed.  Most analysts want to have his children

QB2 gets shit on by almost all analysts who seem to think he is one of the worst QBs in the league. 

QB1: Matt Stafford   QB2: Andy Dalton.

19 minutes ago, SF2 said:

QB1:  9 yrs, 0-3 in the playoffs,  record of 60-65, 62% completion rate, passer rating 88.3.

QB2:  7yrs, 0-4 in the playoffs, record of 63-44-2, 62.3% completion rate, passer rating of 88.7

QB1 signed a 5 year $135mil contract with $60 mil guaranteed.  Most analysts want to have his children

QB2 gets shit on by almost all analysts who seem to think he is one of the worst QBs in the league. 

This. 

And, damnit, people keep in mind what his numbers look like when he has more than three seconds to throw the ball and a semblance of a running game. His numbers, and their zenith, are fairly stellar.

It is not now, nor has it ever been, an Andy Dalton-centric matter that this club can’t get over the hump.

Incredible to me how many fans can’t seem to get this through their skulls.

19 minutes ago, SF2 said:

This. 

And, damnit, people keep in mind what his numbers look like when he has more than three seconds to throw the ball and a semblance of a running game. His numbers, and their zenith, are fairly stellar.

It is not now, nor has it ever been, an Andy Dalton-centric matter that this club can’t get over the hump.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

yea..but that cannon arm..   lol

21 hours ago, SF2 said:

Very similar. Also...

jordandalton24.png?w=780 stafford-4th-boozer-6.png

On 5/4/2018 at 9:14 AM, thezerawkid said:

This. 

It will never cease to crack me up when I hear about ANYONE talking about "Well, if Dalton had more time, a run game, etc..." that he would be good. Yeah, said every QB ever to play in the league. Why for whatever reason is this deficiency somehow only something Andy Dalton struggles with? ANY other QB in the league by and large is NOT going to be successful in the absence of decent blocking, a decent run game, etc. EVERY OTHER QB IN THE LEAGUE needs these things. Why is Dalton singled out like he needs some kind of "extra help" or something? He's no different than anyone else playing the position in the NFL.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:20 PM, Bunghole said:

It will never cease to crack me up when I hear about ANYONE talking about "Well, if Dalton had more time, a run game, etc..." that he would be good. Yeah, said every QB ever to play in the league. Why for whatever reason is this deficiency somehow only something Andy Dalton struggles with? ANY other QB in the league by and large is NOT going to be successful in the absence of decent blocking, a decent run game, etc. EVERY OTHER QB IN THE LEAGUE needs these things. Why is Dalton singled out like he needs some kind of "extra help" or something? He's no different than anyone else playing the position in the NFL.

They certainly give Stafford a pass citing these problems yet Dalton, who has better lifetime numbers in almost EVERY category doesn't have what it takes. Dalton has better everything stat wise compared to Derick Carr.  Carr is the Messiah, just needs a better team.  Stats almost exactly like Bradford except Andy has a much better winning percentage. Everyone feels so bad for a HOF talent in Bradford who just can't stay healthy. Dalton sucks though.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:20 PM, Bunghole said:

That’s horseshit. There’re plenty of guys who play the position and never post numbers that even sniff Dalton’s. Particularly during his good seasons.

“EVERY OTHER QB IN THE LEAGUE” is absolute bullshit. Please, by all means cherry pick to make a point, don’t fucking make the entire tree barren while you’re at it.

16 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

That’s horseshit. There’re plenty of guys who play the position and never post numbers that even sniff Dalton’s. Particularly during his good seasons.

“EVERY OTHER QB IN THE LEAGUE” is absolute bullshit. Please, by all means cherry pick to make a point, don’t fucking make the entire tree barren while you’re at it.

Somewhat harsher than my thoughts but I agree :lol:

Dalton is paid like a bottom tier starter and offers a lot more than some that are top tier paid QBs.

I don't think anyone is going to argue Dalton is elite but he's not paid like an elite either.

And he's plenty enough to win with. Plus he's going on his 3rd different OC in the past 4 seasons.

I'm confident we can win with Dalton. But he does need help and should not expected to be Aaron Rodgers or Brady.

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Somewhat harsher than my thoughts but I agree :lol:

Dalton is paid like a bottom tier starter and offers a lot more than some that are top tier paid QBs.

I don't think anyone is going to argue Dalton is elite but he's not paid like an elite either.

And he's plenty enough to win with. Plus he's going on his 3rd different OC in the past 4 seasons.

I'm confident we can win with Dalton. But he does need help and should not expected to be Aaron Rodgers or Brady.

Exactly. 

😉

I'm not sure you guys are disagreeing with me here. FFS, even Rodgers and Brady need decent protection to be successful. I fail to understand how any of this is "horseshit" or "cherry picking". Dalton is not unique in this regard. Like any other NFL QB, he needs time after the snap to judge what he's going to do with the ball. Where are we not communicating here?

I think this is the issue:

Brady gets great protection. He wins.

Rodgers, even though there are massive injuries to the guys in front of him most years, still gets time to throw the ball. He wins a lot too.

When Dalton has had time to throw the ball he has won a lot of games for us. You claimed his deficiencies exist regardless, as if our argument somehow doesn’t apply to him. I think we are totally disagreeing here.

It will never cease to crack me up when I hear about ANYONE talking about "Well, if Dalton had more time, a run game, etc..." that he would be good”

We are saying he *is* good, but because he lacks time to throw he ball he struggles. Your above comment clearly indicates you just think he’s not good regardless.

Archived