Eric Reid files collusion grievance against the NFL

oldschooler

22 minutes ago, SF2 said:

If you had paid attention in school and learned to comprehend written English you would realize I NEVER said how I feel about people kneeling.  Go back to school.

I don't read the "you" in his statement as a direct to you. Maybe it was idk, but it could be interpreted also that the "you" could mean just anyone.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

If you had paid attention in school and learned to comprehend written English you would realize I NEVER said how I feel about people kneeling.  Go back to school.

EDIT:  By the way, some people love this country and consider standing for the Anthem a part of being a good American.  Accusing them of having serious issues is the mindset and attitude that resulted in Donald Trump becoming President.  You don't get to decide what other people feel although you think you should.  There are a lot of people out there that don't like pampered millionaire athletes telling them what to think.  My father, a  Naval Aviator (with John McCain) and nuclear submariner during Vietnam no longer watches the NFL.  He lost too many of his friends in North Vietnam and with the Thresher sinking to support players who don't respect the flag.  

As far as myself, I dont give a shit what any NFL player does.  If we are going to have Joe Mixon and Pac Man on this team I can either quit watching or simply ignore what they do before and after games if I want to remain a fan.

Tremendous post. Unfortunately, many people on both primary political sides combat an opposing view with discrediting the person for thinking that way instead of respectfully disagreeing. They want people to try to understand why a player is kneeling, but write off the boycotter that is offended as a total nut job. And vice versa.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

I don't read the "you" in his statement as a direct to you. Maybe it was idk, but it could be interpreted also that the "you" could mean just anyone.

"If someone kneeling for the anthem gets you angry you have some pretty severe issues going on."   This statement itself is utter bullshit.  

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

EDIT:  By the way, some people love this country and consider standing for the Anthem a part of being a good American.  Accusing them of having serious issues is the mindset and attitude that resulted in Donald Trump becoming President. 

Since we're going there & this thread is going to get dumped in J&D anyway..  You're saying the same people that call everyone "snowflake" voted Trump because their little fee-fees were bruised? Sounds about right.  I think you'd have to add closet racists/white fragility, the appeal of authoritarian/nationalism and running against a corrupt & self-entitled opposition candidate completely out of touch with America & unable to relate to normal people to that list.  Not necessarily in that order.  

It's definitely amusing though, the idea of Trumpanzees thinking they would "teach the libtard cucks a lesson."  How's that working out for everybody?

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

EDIT:  By the way, some people love this country and consider standing for the Anthem a part of being a good American.  Accusing them of having serious issues is the mindset and attitude that resulted in Donald Trump becoming President.  You don't get to decide what other people feel although you think you should.  There are a lot of people out there that don't like pampered millionaire athletes telling them what to think.  My father, a  Naval Aviator (with John McCain) and nuclear submariner during Vietnam no longer watches the NFL.  He lost too many of his friends in North Vietnam and with the Thresher sinking to support players who don't respect the flag.  

As far as myself, I dont give a shit what any NFL player does.  If we are going to have Joe Mixon and Pac Man on this team I can either quit watching or simply ignore what they do before and after games if I want to remain a fan.

I meant you in the general. Ie someone. 

"As far as myself, I dont give a shit what any NFL player does.  If we are going to have Joe Mixon and Pac Man on this team I can either quit watching or simply ignore what they do before and after games if I want to remain a fan."

EXACTLY

These people are given a platform they wouldn't otherwise have and they are choosing to use it at personal risk in an attempt to bring about change in a much needed area. Reid is much closer to hero than villain. 

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

Thanks, I should have re-worded it in hindsight and just put someone. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Tremendous post. Unfortunately, many people on both primary political sides combat an opposing view with discrediting the person for thinking that way instead of respectfully disagreeing. They want people to try to understand why a player is kneeling, but write off the boycotter that is offended as a total nut job. And vice versa.

I don't respectfully disagree with someone who gets angry over a non violent protest because it makes them feel sad and they are completely unwilling to explore 1) why he is doing it, 2) what it means to the players, 3) who suggested that he kneel and 4) what the overarching problem is. 

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

It pretty much became a lost cause when the narrative changed from why players are protesting to how they are protesting.

Yep, people couldn't be grownups and actually think that Eric Reid might be doing this for a legitimate reason or just ignore it and go on with their day. 

8 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

If you are a grown up this should have no effect on you. Like the countless other things that don't really effect your life you should just let it pass. 

Says the guy who just had 6 posts in a row complaining about people getting offended. How does somebody boycotting the NFL have any effect on your life? Who are you to decide what should be considered petty by somebody else?

41 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Since we're going there & this thread is going to get dumped in J&D anyway..  You're saying the same people that call everyone "snowflake" voted Trump because their little fee-fees were bruised? Sounds about right.  I think you'd have to add closet racists/white fragility, the appeal of authoritarian/nationalism and running against a corrupt & self-entitled opposition candidate completely out of touch with America & unable to relate to normal people to that list.  Not necessarily in that order.  

It's definitely amusing though, the idea of Trumpanzees thinking they would "teach the libtard cucks a lesson."  How's that working out for everybody?

My life is great.   Unemployment is low, home prices up, wages up. Great time to find a better job or ask for a raise.  The only people who seem to be butt hurt are Trump haters.  I think he is ass but I don't let it affect me anymore than Obama did.  I have better things to do like raising my children and enjoying life.

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Says the guy who just had 6 posts in a row complaining about people getting offended. How does somebody boycotting the NFL have any effect on your life? Who are you to decide what should be considered petty by somebody else?

i am a grown up. 

26 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

If you are a grown up this should have no effect on you. Like the countless other things that don't really effect your life you should just let it pass. 

Unless of course you are a woman and some man tries to kiss you or someone says something that might offend anyone other than white males. Other than that I agree with you.

38 minutes ago, SF2 said:

My life is great.   Unemployment is low, home prices up, wages up. Great time to find a better job or ask for a raise.  The only people who seem to be butt hurt are Trump haters. 

And, y'know, anyone that's not a straight, upper-middle class Christian white male.  But fuck them, amirite?  #MAGA

(should be moving this thread any old time now...)

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

And, y'know, anyone that's not a straight, upper-middle class Christian white male.  But fuck them, amirite?  #MAGA

(should be moving this thread any old time now...)

Nope, not at all.  I hope everyone can do well during a time of economic prosperity.  In my business I like working with people who have money regardless of their color.  Heck, I even have  a few Muslim clients because I actually took the time to learn about their rule against earning interest so I was able to find investments that met their criteria.  They gave me some excellent referrals.   So of my best clients are Hindus and hardly white. Nice people.  Many of them didn't have a pot to piss in when they arrived in the US. 

So you just assume successful white male Christians hate everyone else?  That is a brutal way to go thru life. 

26 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Nope, not at all.  I hope everyone can do well during a time of economic prosperity. 

That's nice, but hoping doesn't make it so. I hope the coals are ready & the beers are cold.  Some folks aren't willing to wait that out.

So you just assume successful white male Christians hate everyone else?  That is a brutal way to go thru life. 

Not at all, I occasionally volunteer with some old-timer Kiwanis that are great guys. I don't think they hate everyone else, or even necessarily anyone else, far as ethnic/religious groups are concerned.  I think they are inclined to be more forgiving of those that do, is my point.  Or call people "crybabies" (most wouldn't say "Butthurt" if you paid them) if having a lunatic racist reality TV guy as president bothers or worries them.  Everyone's concerned with some pro athlete "disrespecting the flag" (protesting a racially-biased justice system) but are happy with electing a guy who devalues what that flag means globally every single day he's in office? I guess NATO is "butthurt", too.  Save that for when Hill fumbles in the final seconds against Shitsburgh.  This isn't sour grapes.

I've got it relatively easy, but life is brutal for many, many people right here in the US of A & I have little patience for those easily convinced to shit on them for just a little bit more.  Less so if that shit is directed at anyone not exactly like them, but that's everywhere lately. Reminds me of growing up in the small-town South, you learn to pick your battles these days.  What's shocking to me is to hear it from the White House like it's normal.  I honestly never thought we'd see that again, sorry not sorry if I sound a little cranky talking about it.

I think we can agree that shit's fucked up?

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

EDIT:  By the way, some people love this country and consider standing for the Anthem a part of being a good American.  Accusing them of having serious issues is the mindset and attitude that resulted in Donald Trump becoming President.  You don't get to decide what other people feel although you think you should.  There are a lot of people out there that don't like pampered millionaire athletes telling them what to think.  My father, a  Naval Aviator (with John McCain) and nuclear submariner during Vietnam no longer watches the NFL.  He lost too many of his friends in North Vietnam and with the Thresher sinking to support players who don't respect the flag.  

Wow. You just basically described my relationship with my own father, a retired Army general with a couple 'Nam tours under his belt. And I served also, but am in your boat when it comes to "how the anthem kneelers make me feel", which is to say "not much" when it comes to interpreting that as some type of disrespect towards our nation (and to a lesser degree, our flag, which is really just a symbol anyway).

My Dad promised me up and down about the veteran groups he was a part of that were boycotting the NFL last season. A funny kink in his argument is that he still pays for NFL Sunday ticket, and I have caught him sneak watching the games. He's as much of an NFL junkie as I am, hell, I grew up watching it with him and his Dad.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so hypocritical. But I can't say anything, because it'll ruin Thanksgiving, or whatever.

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

If so, the next step would be proving it prevented them from offering him a contract or one to his liking.

The fact that we used a second round pick for a player at his position rather than sign him says something

regardless of what he does during the National Anthem.

Archived