Eric Reid files collusion grievance against the NFL

oldschooler

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, I can see that being an issue.  If you are stoned from the time you get up until you go to bed,  that might be a problem.    Still, it takes time to get to that point and hopefully some friends will step in.  Its hard to hide that.

The issue with gambling is when someone starts to lose, they tend to take bigger bets in an attempt to win it back.  The dollars get big FAST and few people know until it is way too late.  Watching the police tape off the neighbor's house was shocking.  Wife called the police and they went inside to gather evidence off the computer and other things.  Husband had emptied her IRA trying to win it back.   She had no idea until the first pay or you will be evicted notice arrived via registered mail.   Since he was using a bookie out of state, it got ugly fast. 

That's a really bad bookie.  A good bookie will put a leash on you to keep you from going broke.  Guys that go broke like this guy end up getting bookies busted.  It's the old "you can only slaughter a sheep once, but you can shear him over and over again."

47 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Not going to say one is better than the other, both are horrible.  I had one friend with the drug issue.  Married with kids.  Well known local guy from a fairly wealthy family.  Wife was a total sweetheart.  Started smoking crack (quite a few years ago).  We tried to help him but he could not stay off the stuff.  Wife finally left him with the kids.  She asked one of my friends to go get some of her stuff a few weeks later.   He found him at home at 3 pm, in the dark, asleep in the bed with 3 other people (2 skanky sluts and probably the dealer) and the house a mess. 

Took him  years to get straight.  Remarried, same thing.  A few good years, couple of kids, sweetheart wife, started smoking meth.   Almost the same result.   Clean right now.  Saw him a few weeks ago.  

Crazy how that shit happens.  I can't see folks like that generally encountering crack cocaine in their day-to-day lives. Like what makes them decide one day to go seek that out...  I've lived in sketchy neighborhoods & had it offered to me a few times on the street but nothing ever made me think "hey that sounds like a great idea why not try some crack?" like it's a new flavor of Doritos or something.  There's a level of deliberate self-destruction there that thankfully I can not comprehend. 

Just now, T-Dub said:

Crazy how that shit happens.  I can't see folks like that generally encountering crack cocaine in their day-to-day lives. Like what makes them decide one day to go seek that out...  I've lived in sketchy neighborhoods & had it offered to me a few times on the street but nothing ever made me think "hey that sounds like a great idea why not try some crack?" like it's a new flavor of Doritos or something.  There's a level of deliberate self-destruction there that thankfully I can not comprehend. 

Maybe someone who is already high/drunk and makes a seriously bad decision?

50 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He actually got it from another guy most of us went to school with who delt weed in high school.  Guy increased his inventory to include more lucrative products as his clients became older and wealthier.  Coke, ecstasy and crack were his big sellers according to another friend that had a coke issue with said dealer but didn't go deep end.  There is one in almost every town regardless of economic situation.  The big differences was this guy was clean cut,  didn't belong to a gang and did most of his sales in his client's nice kitchens in the suburbs.  Doesn't change the fact he was a drug dealer.  

20 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Maybe someone who is already high/drunk and makes a seriously bad decision?

Pretty much his drug dealer "friend" convincing him to move on to adult drugs like coke and then crack. Of course it was given a cooler name in the white suburbs aka freebasing. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Pretty much his drug dealer "friend" convincing him to move on to adult drugs like coke and then crack. Of course it was giving a cooler name in the white suburbs aka freebasing. 

Freebaseing?

42 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

For the record, I smoke a lot of weed and am successful, hard working, and pay my bills on time.

Glad to hear.  I'm not much on the stuff, but to each their own.  Just commenting on my experience which is certainly limited.

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

If you are stoned from the time you get up until you go to bed,  that might be a problem.   

I've been that way for 30+ years now and I don't have a problem.

Wait. What was I talking about?

:ninja:

21 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

That's a really bad bookie.  A good bookie will put a leash on you to keep you from going broke.  Guys that go broke like this guy end up getting bookies busted.  It's the old "you can only slaughter a sheep once, but you can shear him over and over again."

From what I remember, he had several "guys".  BTW, I had a discussion with another friend that has a "guy".  He told me there is no way he would ever open an account at a legal book maker to do his betting.  He had some really good points. 

1. NO reporting to the IRS.  For him, any money he won would be taxed at his very high income tax bracket (35%).  While you can deduct overall losses to a point, the winnings and losses have to be itemized ie each bet placed has to be shown.

2. Per 1 above He doesn't want his wife to know how many games he actually bets on each week and the extent of his gambling wins or losses.  She does the taxes so they would receive an annual statement from the legal book.

I also think he doesn't really wants to know how much he losses every year.  Not saying its huge but he bets on something almost every week and football season he probably has 50 bets a weekend.

24 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Awwww for fucks sake! A 15 yard penalty for kneeling? That's how they want to deal with it? :facepalm:

If they had just done what the NBA did, none of this would have ever been a problem for the league.  The player must stand and if he doesn't it is an individual fine,..period.  Hell, the NFL fines guys for wearing the wrong socks or writing on their shoes. 

You don't hear anyone complaining about the NBA's policy that you MUST stand do you?  That is because the players and coaches are a little smarter and use social media and after game pressers to push their agendas. 

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

The dude seriously wants to be a Dictator. He already has the Dick part down pat.

He is just trolling his base.   If he wanted to be a dictator he would be saying  " You have to stand proudly for the national anthem, or you WON'T be playing.  Also, we will throw you out of the country or simply ship you off to a gulag"  That would be good Dictator talk. 

10 hours ago, B.A.B. said:

And this is where I'm officially done with this league. Been fun y'all. Hope everyone's alright and healthy, btw. Later

The owners unanimously voted for this... I guess they like all of OUR money the military has been giving them to be "patriotic". (Money that could have gone to our vets!)

Fuck the NFL and the horse they rode in on.

57 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He is just trolling his base.   If he wanted to be a dictator he would be saying  " You have to stand proudly for the national anthem, or you WON'T be playing.  Also, we will throw you out of the country or simply ship you off to a gulag"  That would be good Dictator talk. 

Baloney! I don't normally talk politics but if you can't see that in this man I feel sorry for you.

12 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Baloney! I don't normally talk politics but if you can't see that in this man I feel sorry for you.

He is just an old asshole businessman that is used to getting his way.   There are plenty of past Presidents who wish they had some Dictatorial powers to some extent.  That is why there are 3 branches of government.   Trump doesn't like the NFL because the other owners would never let him buy into team.  The old rich asshole club didn't want another Jerry Jones type owner. 

12 hours ago, B.A.B. said:

And this is where I'm officially done with this league. Been fun y'all. Hope everyone's alright and healthy, btw. Later

I'm gonna hold out and see if the NFLPA has anything to say about it or if any lawsuits come to fight it, but if this thing becomes permanent I'm done as well.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The owners unanimously voted for this... I guess they like all of OUR money the military has been giving them to be "patriotic". (Money that could have gone to our vets!)

Fuck the NFL and the horse they rode in on.

Do you have the list of votes? I keep hearing they all voted for this, but then I also see the Co-Owner of the Jets saying he would pay the fines, and I've seen where both the Jets and 49ners abstained from voting but nobody has been able to produce anything showing the actual votes.

Archived