82% of Fans Want the NFL to Allow Marijuana Use for Active Players

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Translation: 82% of fans are tired of having players on their favorite team suspended for doing something that is still a violation of federal law.

Federal law used to say it was OK to own people that were 3/fifths of a person.

Interracial marriage used to be against the law too. 

My grandma who was very religious and smart always said it's not what you 

do to yourself that makes you a bad person. It's what you do to others.

Smoking or enjoying pot other ways is a victimless crime.

10 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Why does that matter if you or anyone else isn't around to be exposed to second hand smoke?

If they smoke it, it could send the message to America the players are pretending to smoke it for pain, but they are just smoking it to get high. However, if they take it another way, the public will believe they truly are trying to alleviate pain. I don’t want the public to think the football players are potheads smoking to get high. It’s important for the public (and especially children) to see they are taking marijuana by other ways to  alleviate excruciating pain caused by football. 

14 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Does weed impair memory? It was only four years ago...LOL! That was your last beer? Good for you. I'm not a pot smoker but, as someone who is a drinker and the occasional enjoyer of edibles, I think the negativity and laws around marijuana are laughable. As of July 1 (Canada Day) marijuana will be legal in Canada.  

I have three teenagers... It FEELS like a decade!

39 minutes ago, Rick said:

If they smoke it, it could send the message to America the players are pretending to smoke it for pain, but they are just smoking it to get high. However, if they take it another way, the public will believe they truly are trying to alleviate pain. I don’t want the public to think the football players are potheads smoking to get high. It’s important for the public (and especially children) to see they are taking marijuana by other ways to  alleviate excruciating pain caused by football. 

Fascinating.  When Aaron Hernandez shot that guy, was it important to you what caliber of pistol was used? You know, so as not to send the wrong message to the children? I imagine you are ok with football players being seen as drunks that beat women, so long as they are drunk on domestic beer.  None of that commie "craft beer" shit either.  For God's sake, teenagers might try marijuana !!  Definitely not a risk we want to take!

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Fascinating.  When Aaron Hernandez shot that guy, was it important to you what caliber of pistol was used? You know, so as not to send the wrong message to the children? I imagine you are ok with football players being seen as drunks that beat women, so long as they are drunk on domestic beer.  None of that commie "craft beer" shit either.  For God's sake, teenagers might try marijuana !!  Definitely not a risk we want to take!

This post brought to you by Bud Light, the official beer of the NFL!

3 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Just know that when I hear anyone say "Dilly, Dilly", I want to kick their teeth out.

Just yesterday I saw a t-baller with a shirt and her last name was Dilly. Her mom was walking beside her and hers also read Dilly. 

The legalization of marijuana is a matter of when not if.  It's a huge potential revenue source and the money being spent to prosecute and incarcerate people for using or selling it is a complete waste.  The main benefactors of the prohibition on marijuana are Mexican drug cartels.  The status quo is not working for the vast majority of people and it's going to change.  

22 hours ago, Rick said:

Are you expecting players to be sitting in a circle and passing the bong around while the cameras are rolling if they legalize it?  We see very little of the personal lives of players unless it is intentional ie Brady or they commit a crime ie Hernandez.

Archived