Billy Price on the field at rookie minicamp despite injury (Rookie Mini-cap News)

19 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Wow, I am always reminded of the depths this poison will make some of us go. Your MIL's in serious trouble. She can't even go 30 minutes without a drink? Yikes. I have no room to judge but my drinking was always compressed into the "after work in the evenings/at night" hours and never at any time throughout the day so that's hard to imagine for myself.

The first obvious step is to quit drinking. Your MIL can only do this with medical supervision at some kind of hospital. She sounds likely to develop DT's and other serious physical withdrawal symptoms.

I honestly don't know what else I could possibly say that would help her at this point. She's gone beyond the ability to be a functioning alcoholic, IMO. 

WAY beyond.

Maybe I should have been a little more descriptive. She’s a functioning alcoholic. She works a full time job but she drinks on the way home until the moment she goes to sleep. The 30 minute drive deal was on a weekend. She will normally start 12-1-2:00 range and I’m sure that’s when she wakes up on Saturdays and Sundays.

I’m pretty sure she’s not going to seek help. I’ve mentioned it, and her daughter, several times before. We’ve had a major divide over it. Long story but the short version is she took my kid to a liquor store (he was 2 at the time). Last time he was ever with her alone. That was a really bad night when I found out. We didn’t speak for at least a year.

Terrible thing when abused. 

Archived