1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Yeahyeah Burfict is suspended again.   Gosh don't you hate the way he "fucks the team over" by playing football the way Pittsburgh does?  The nerve of that guy, honestly.

That BS aside, things off the field also affect the team.  Very much so, as noted.

IF you think Burfict is a victim that is telling.   If you think he should get away with the bullshit he pulls because Pittsburgh does, that is sad.

8 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

And only a couple of dozen rape threats.

He was suspended a year for all that shit.  Paid his dues.  Has been clean since.  He would be out of the league if he had done any of that the last 3 years.  I don't care who we have on the team as long as it makes us better.  I gave up giving a fuck about NFL players after the way Hernandez was coddled until the evidence was overwhelming.  Got away with killing 2 guys in a bar because he was Aaron Hernandez.  They gave a TV gig to Ray Lewis, a guy involved with the murder of 2 men.  Totally got away with it.  He is now a hero.  Only thing I care about is can Incognito still play right guard.

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

IF you think Burfict is a victim that is telling.   If you think he should get away with the bullshit he pulls because Pittsburgh does, that is sad.

I disagree.  Either everyone gets to play the game by those rules or nobody does.  Otherwise it's not a game anymore.  If you think it's ok to scapegoat our guy while letting them build a "dynasty" around the same shit, that is also telling.  They aren't just getting away with it, they are encouraged and celebrated for it.  AFAIK dude has been a model citizen off the field, and yet with all the other shit going on in the NFL so many Bengals fans are willing to buy the Public Enemy #1 spin from Goodell.  I'm going to refrain from speculating as to why, but...

Marlo.jpg

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I disagree.  Either everyone get to play the game that way or nobody does.  If you think it's ok to scapegoat our guy while letting them build a "dynasty" around the same shit, that is also telling.  They aren't just getting away with it, they are encouraged and celebrated for it.

Marlo.jpg

I don't think it is ok at all. You are pulling a Fred.   You are the one trying to justify his behavior by comparing it to the Stealers, not me.   He is a marked man just as JAMES HARRISON was for years. You know, the Stealer's James Harrison. 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I don't think it is ok at all. You are pulling a Fred.   You are the one trying to justify his behavior by comparing it to the Stealers, not me. 

But you're seemingly all-in on him being punished in place of everyone.

He is a marked man just as JAMES HARRISON was for years. You know, the Stealer's James Harrison. 

Sure, I know.  The guy that was suspended for ONE GAME at the end of his career of dirty shit.  Totally fair.

51 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

But you're seemingly all-in on him being punished in place of everyone.

No, I never said anything of the sort.  I simply am saying that if we can accept Burficts behavior the last 3 years then Incognito should be no problem since he hasn't done anything bad since the whole Miami thing. 

Keep in mind Burfict didn't learn his lesson after going undrafted.   As fucked up as Incognito was, he has been clean for 3 years. 

Harrison cleaned up his act after the suspension and that was way back in 2011.  Once they changed the rules, he was smart enough to change as well.   Suh had the same issue.  Burfict is a marked man, period.  The latest suspension happens to anyone caught so you can't say the punishment is unfair in this instance.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Do we have a guy arguing against Burfict but still arguing FOR Incognito?

I've been to one World's Fair and two rodeo's and I thought I'd seen everything.

No, I love Vontaze Burfict.   I am saying if you can support Burfict who continues to get suspended, how can you be against a guy who has played in 49 straight games and has been to 3 straight pro bowls?  Because of shit that happened in 2008?  He would be the best lineman on the team, PERIOD. 

50 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I think Richie Incognito is a steaming pile of turd laden garbage. I would be very much against signing him.  

I thought the exact same thing about Pac Man.  He has played well for us.  Nobody respects the Bengals anyways.  

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

Yeah this guy is a nutball. A big no thanks on him!

All the more reasons to pick him up.  Dudes across the line of scrimmage will be pissing themselves.  He might throw a tennis ball at them. 

TMZ reports that law enforcement sources confirmed Incognito has been placed in an involuntary hold for a mental evaluation after police were called to a gym to intervene during an altercation between Incognito and another man.

The alleged victim told TMZ Incognito threw a tennis ball for no reason and followed up by throwing a dumbbell at him as well. Incognito was allegedly “rambling about the government and screaming at the man to ‘get off my f*cking playground'” while this was going on.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-richie-incognito-held-by-police-after-incident-at-gym/ar-AAxHxiB?ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz

Archived