4 hours ago, Numbers said:

Who or what is usually deemed "the cause"  ?  School, school system, coach, another player on same or opposing team, equipment manufacturer, etc...  or all the above or whomever has the most money... 

Generally speaking, it's usually Ben Rothlisberger.

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

In civil law, it is only preponderance of evidence--and the term "evidence" can be a wobbly one. In cases such as these, the allegation  is as simple as: "I am hurt, and you were the cause of it".

Seems to me it's moved on to "I hurt myself, but you didn't try hard enough to stop me."  

23 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

In civil law, it is only preponderance of evidence--and the term "evidence" can be a wobbly one. In cases such as these, the allegation  is as simple as: "I am hurt, and you were the cause of it". The remedy is not punishment (other than punitive damages), rather compensation. 

Yes, I used to wonder where the "Justice" came into play...then finally came to the realization that the civil arena is not based in "Justice" but "equity". 

It's hardly equity when the people that make the decision know little or nothing about the information being presented to them.  It's often a farce.

Archived